Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472918 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6540 on: January 29, 2012, 11:18:31 am »
I bit my tongue in my sleep last night—don't ask me how. The pain woke me up, and it took me ~5 minutes to stop the bleeding after I patted the displaced chunk of flesh back into place. If that was someone remembering me affectionately, that person must be quite the sadist.
DISPLACED! Now that was quite frightening. Was it as bad as I'm imagining?

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: January 29, 2012, 05:04:01 pm »
I managed to bite through the edge and leave a piece maybe a quarter the size of a pencil eraser dangling half off. Not life-threatening or anything, but startling, painful, and unpleasant. Still, I'm more grumpy about the loss of sleep than anything else.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: January 29, 2012, 08:01:01 pm »
 :(

That sucks. I only bite my tongue while eating I guess.
I guess you dreamt eating some mouse.

BTW, do you grind your teeth while sleeping(unlikely, otherwise your wife may have already noticed)? If so you may need to see a doctor.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: January 29, 2012, 08:12:43 pm »
I know I was dreaming of something, but I can't remember what it actually was. Probably not nearly so pleasant as chowing down on a nice juicy mouse, though.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't grind my teeth in my sleep (although I'm told that I do occasionally talk). You must be confusing me with someone else, though: I'm not married. In fact, I identify as not only asexual but also aromantic: not in a relationship, not interested in looking for one, and often just a little confused as to why other people think it's so important to be paired up.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: January 29, 2012, 09:40:13 pm »
I'm sorry, I think I confused you with Boo.
 :oops:

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: January 31, 2012, 11:43:49 pm »
Hahaha! Yes, the Boo-meister is married and has a baby. As far as I know, Thought is the only other married Compendium-ite.

Also, Alfadorredux, I thought I read aromantic as aromatic for a split second. :D

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: February 01, 2012, 01:13:10 am »
Lance VII is married too.  He's a newlywed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:15:01 am by Sajainta »

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:40 am »
Also, Alfadorredux, I thought I read aromantic as aromatic for a split second. :D

Really, sir! I assure you that, like all cats, I am self-cleaning and do not smell!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: February 01, 2012, 12:27:21 pm »

That is understandable, I think. Isn't Boo on all our minds, all the time? I mean, he's so dreamy...

Lance VII is married too.  He's a newlywed.

Haven't they been married for around a year by now? Or is that still newlywedded?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6549 on: February 01, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »

That is understandable, I think. Isn't Boo on all our minds, all the time? I mean, he's so dreamy...

....WAIT TILL I TELL YOUR WIFE ABOUT THIS!

Lance VII is married too.  He's a newlywed.

Haven't they been married for around a year by now? Or is that still newlywedded?
Still newlywedded, because we haven't seen a baby yet!  :)

Tactless

• Earthbound (+15)
  • left then came back twice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: February 01, 2012, 04:00:05 pm »
Man, Boo has a kid? Time flies, I remember hearing about your marriage and that must be years ago. Congrats dude.

On another note, I've been having really weird palpitations lately, and even after a physician's confirmation that I'm healthy and it's just stress I still can't stop focusing on them. I had several panic attacks at first, luckily I managed to calm myself down before I called an ambulance the first time. It's not frightening so much now as it is just annoying; I can never stop feeling and hearing that "buhbump" all the time. I haven't had a panic episode since Saturday but I just wish I could focus on things without forcing myself to ignore my heartbeat.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6551 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:22 pm »
Man, Boo has a kid? Time flies, I remember hearing about your marriage and that must be years ago. Congrats dude.

On another note, I've been having really weird palpitations lately, and even after a physician's confirmation that I'm healthy and it's just stress I still can't stop focusing on them. I had several panic attacks at first, luckily I managed to calm myself down before I called an ambulance the first time. It's not frightening so much now as it is just annoying; I can never stop feeling and hearing that "buhbump" all the time. I haven't had a panic episode since Saturday but I just wish I could focus on things without forcing myself to ignore my heartbeat.

Went through that last year after having a couple palpitations in March. My mom had a couple benign conditions, so I went ahead and got a full battery of testing, since I tend to exert myself pretty hard playing racquetball. Nothing. It still freaks me out when I have one, and I can always tell when I miss a beat, but it's pretty rare, and missing a beat every now and then is apparently totally normal. Maybe I've had like 2 palpitations over the entire last year.

Anyway, feels good to have gone through the tests, at least.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: February 01, 2012, 10:11:33 pm »
Still newlywedded, because we haven't seen a baby yet!  :)

Hah, then I guess my parents were newlyweds for nine years and if I ever get married I'll be a newlywed my whole life.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6553 on: February 02, 2012, 10:57:38 pm »
I fucking hate sexist men. But even more than that, I hate otherwise normal males who deny that women are oppressed, or think that oppression is something that only happens in third world countries. I want to hurt them. I want bad things to happen to them. I want their tires slashed and their cars set on fire. I want their noses bloodied and their possessions hammered to pieces. I want them to taste oppression. I so dearly want them to taste oppression. Fucking worthless pieces of shit excuses for life.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: February 03, 2012, 12:12:56 am »
FUCKING WRITER'S BLOCK.

That is all.