Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 479710 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #6090 on: August 14, 2011, 10:22:00 pm »
I didn't know you had that kind of upbringing, Syna. You've come a long way not to show it at all. It's very hard to do, and respect to anyone who can.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: August 15, 2011, 01:22:20 pm »
Thank you -- it's always a relief when I hear comments like that. It was a very oppressive and life-denying environment.

Fortunately, I came away unscathed (save for an awful habit of looking at the Focus on the Family website every few months and pissing myself off). I had a some advantages -- essentially, a multicultural family, my natural proclivity to literature, and my occasionally bullheaded stubbornness! -- so I consider myself lucky.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: August 15, 2011, 10:32:06 pm »
My two main agents are jumping ship.  Offered me, so I have a shit-ton to think about.

Worried.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: August 16, 2011, 11:19:24 pm »
Whoever designed the kitchen light fixture in my apartment needs to be shot.

Out of a cannon.

Into a brick wall. :picardno

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: August 17, 2011, 12:59:10 am »
Do you have light fixtures? If so, then it could be worse.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6095 on: August 17, 2011, 07:14:01 pm »
Holy shit, my subconscious was right! Either despite all laws of physics we're still living in a supernatural world, or reality is simply an illusion.

And the human race still takes laughably ridiculous decisions on equally hilarious reasons.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: August 17, 2011, 09:19:27 pm »
Holy shit, my subconscious was right! Either despite all laws of physics we're still living in a supernatural world, or reality is simply an illusion.

And the human race still takes laughably ridiculous decisions on equally hilarious reasons.

Perhaps humans were all dead when Lavos stroke the earth. We are now living as memories of the planet.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6097 on: August 18, 2011, 09:16:45 am »

Perhaps humans were all dead when Lavos stroke the earth. We are now living as memories of the planet.
XDDD Now THAT makes for an excellent plot device / twist!

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: August 20, 2011, 07:54:52 pm »
Recently, I terminated all communication with my mom until she decides to act like an adult, among other (many) reasons that I won't get into here. It seemed to be working, but it turns out she's been contacting friends of mine on Facebook, trying to get information on me. And she's not just asking for information, she's making up weird stories to go along with it. Like asking people if I've been on a trip with them lately, telling them that I've been sick and she hasn't heard from me, asking people if they are my boyfriend/girlfriend, ect. It's all becoming very WTF.

I figure the rest of the family is used to her nonsense, but I had someone call me this morning, genuinely worried about my health after hearing some nonsense from her. I'm not sure what to tell people, though. Should I say, "My mom is crazy, just ignore her"? That makes me seem like a disrespectful daughter, lest I go into the laundry list of stuff that's led up to this (not the least of which is that she steals things from me whenever she can, like medicine, money and anything else I have that she wants, and she justifies it "because she's my mother." I'm sorry, but being my mother doesn't justify stealing from me.)

I'm torn on whether or not I should send her a message telling her to stop. I instigated this "no communication" thing a few weeks ago, and if I respond now, she'll know that if she acts outrageous enough that she'll get a rise out of me. (She is very smart about getting under peoples' skins, and uses her skills for bad things)  But ignoring her bizarre behavior in the past seldom makes it stop. She just gets angry and does even more outrageous stuff.

*sigh*

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: August 21, 2011, 04:06:50 am »
Don't send her a message. It's not going to change her behavior; it may even reinforce it by provoking a response from you. Just tell concerned friends and family members who contact you that you are all right, and that your mother's stories are a misunderstanding. You don't need to go into any more detail than that, unless you want to.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: August 21, 2011, 05:45:07 am »
I haven't slept in 22 hours because of our baby. She's been extra fussy tonight and has done a lot of crying/screaming and scattered feeding (that often isn't even feeding, rather it is fake feeding). Frustrating, right?

At the same time I love it. Listening to Mozart and spending time as a family... And she enjoys Mozart! So maybe this should be in the "I love" thread...?

The lack of sleep makes it frustrating, so I'll leave it here for now. :)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6101 on: August 21, 2011, 06:42:56 am »
Don't send her a message. It's not going to change her behavior; it may even reinforce it by provoking a response from you. Just tell concerned friends and family members who contact you that you are all right, and that your mother's stories are a misunderstanding. You don't need to go into any more detail than that, unless you want to.
I second that; if you feel uncomfortable with all this, simply drop the ball and leave. I know it's hard (she's your mother, after all) but she needs to be considerate about your feelings. Let her know, whether with words or actions, that the day she finally empathizes with you she will have you again.  :)

That said, even my parents take money from my wallet from time to time, though they never claim it's because they have ever right to; when asked, they tell me that dad/mom needed it because they had none with them. And if I told them to let me keep them they would, and they respect our possessions. Due this, I don't mind them taking anything from me, because I feel I'd only be returning the favor for all they've done for me.

Reason I point this out, RW, is because the "I'm your mother" bit is too drastic. As a hard-working daughter, you too would feel the need to support them, and while I can understand your escape from situations (dawning my "other side" lens) she becomes needy and emotionally frustrated, and thus acts the way she does in desperation. But at the same time, if you give in, you would only be feeding into her anxiety.

It's a pretty rough situation... Especially when you know you can't just abandon this specific person for your well being. Strangers are easy, but a bond of blood ties you for better or for worse.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: August 22, 2011, 02:35:21 am »
Ugh, I forgot my password to my account on rav.shishnet.org. And I can't seem to request a new one. It's not a big deal, but I was thinking of returning to my original avatar.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: August 22, 2011, 12:11:12 pm »
I hate it when I forget passwords. More likely than not, though, I just forget which one goes to which account.

On a side note, I seem to have agitated my tongue somehow. There's a little piece of flesh that just kind of dangles off. It hurts.

... also, school starts soon. :(

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6104 on: August 25, 2011, 06:36:02 pm »
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/pint-sized-preachers-5547/Overview#tab-Videos/10425_00

Fuck everything about this.

Preaching and being religious: so easy, a 4 year old can do it.

You already know that in all likeliness, this kid's going to grow up to be a Republican, greedy, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, racist, classist, plutocratic, fundamentalist asshole. Churches are the incubators.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:46:46 pm by ZeaLitY »