Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472905 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5400 on: November 01, 2010, 09:04:09 pm »
Good for you, rushingwind.  Preach it!

Sorry your Halloween was so terrible, skylark.  At least next year you can have all that candy to yourself, right...?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: November 01, 2010, 10:08:12 pm »
Thought I'd post this out of frustration. SE needs to step it up and start listening to their longtime fans, and I'll leave it at that.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6283339.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B5

Funny though, I spotted some good posts by a couple users...

user "dybbuk" said:
Blame the yen, accounting practices, whatever, the bottom line guys is great games sell. That is what this company was built on, great epic games, and not just from one single franchise. During the psone era there was more than final fantasy. And what about sequels that your fans care about? I can understand not wanting to rehash, but if your going to release something new then you better make sure it doesn't suck. What would be so bad about a Vagrant Story sequel, or a Chrono sequel, or a xenogears sequel? or(dare i say it?) a remake of FF7? AND WHERE IN GODS GREEN EARTH IS VERSUS!!! cmon, someone over there needs to get on the ball. News on versus was out before FFXIV, but FFXIV came out first!? and got terrible scores to boot. Square-enix you guys need a gut check, time to dig deep and decide if your gonna deliver or just fade into average-ness. Sorry for my rant y'all, but I spent lots of nights with square games and my psone, and these last few years have been painfull.

user "punanisher" said to user "dybbuk":
Exactly. I mean, seriously, I have purchased Chrono Trigger three times on three different systems (snes, ps1, ds). What more can a consumer do to state they want more? To me, Xenogears was the epitome of great RPG storytelling and the property was dumped and poorly handled. Square was the reason I went with the PS1 instead of Nintendo 64 way back when. Every PS1 Square game was a pre-order, day 1 purchase for me. Nowadays, they just don't have what I'm looking for.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: November 02, 2010, 11:31:12 pm »
Looks like the polling this season was very close when it comes to the final lay of the U.S. House of Representatives. We got whooped this year. =(

On the other hand, things are shaping up well (as can be expected) for damage containment in the Senate and governorships. But it looks like we lose Russ Feingold. Why, oh why, people of Wisconsin? You're better than that...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: November 03, 2010, 04:31:17 am »
Steamed.  Combination of the show among other things.  Went well.  For all 12 people.  At least I had a couple come out, but garnering support is getting ridiculous.  Thankfully I didn't bring a big zero people, then I'd REALLY of looked like an ass to the promoter.  And the producers from the Tonight Show.

Fuckity fuck fuck, it'll pass.  But until then...rabble rabble rabble...

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: November 03, 2010, 03:45:57 pm »
And once again, we have the Republican Reich gaining power. :picardno

I don't care what anyone says. If any sort of Republican jackass starts stopping at my doorstep telling me the way of God is the way of American law, somebody's gonna get shot. :evil:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: November 03, 2010, 08:06:40 pm »
I remember writing on this site a few months ago about what the Tea Party could do if they ever got enough political power in this country. As of yesterday, they're one step closer to it. It hope this is as far as they get.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:40 pm »
I meet weekly with my mentor to go over "Latin." This generally takes the form of me being given an excerpt which I translate and then bring in to see if I did alright or not. Generally takes most of Sunday to do. This last week we didn't have the meeting itself, but instead my mentor gave me 4-5 times the amount of work (not an exaggeration) because, hey, we had a "week off." It's not a week off if I still had to do work for the activity. All it did was save me about an hour. That's nice, to be sure, but it really doesn't magically give me all this time to do a crapload of extra work either.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5407 on: November 09, 2010, 02:20:40 am »
God, I hate not being able to sleep before important events, even ones that I know will go fine. I know I won't sleep at all before the interview Thursday for Europe. It's a foregone conclusion. I'll have to find some way to get hardly any sleep tomorrow night so I'll be able to collapse somehow Wednesday night.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5408 on: November 09, 2010, 04:49:36 am »
Tumblr doesn't have the ability to categorize and organize discussion and always requires people to register before posting, while Wordpress lacks customization in the themes area. *frowns*

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: November 10, 2010, 12:24:08 am »
Argh! May the Day of Lavos befall those women seen at Pasado's. Throwing food is no way to get a man's attention, especially when said man is wearing his favorite Fangamer jacket! I must now remove these bean stains. . .

Although, on a side note, mayhaps I should be flattered. I certainly had a good laugh out of it.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: November 10, 2010, 01:48:17 am »
My mentor doesn't like alliteration or clever turns of phrases. So sad. It makes it so much less interesting to write.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: November 10, 2010, 03:04:09 am »
Yikes.  That's a real shame.  :/

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: November 11, 2010, 03:27:49 am »
We might not be able to move into the apartment.  D's two jobs (yeah, that's right.  Two) don't pay enough.  He came home the last two nights a complete wreck because of stress and fatigue.  He broke down sobbing both yesterday and today.  D never breaks down.  He rarely cries.

I don't understand it.  Why can't we be happy.  Why can't things go our way.  So many couples our age and younger have their own place.  They have jobs they enjoy, money to buy groceries and even money left over for amenities.  They have their health, they both have degrees, they do not live every day with fear and dread.  They have friends nearby.

Why can't that be us.  Why why why can't that be us.  All I ever wanted was our own place, just our own place.  And money for food.  And sanity.  And a life without fear.  That is all I ever wanted.  Is that too much to ask?

Even if I do not believe I deserve this, D does.  He fucking does.  He is hardworking and kind and does not deserve this.  I held him in my arms as he sobbed and I could do nothing else.  He thinks the stress alone will kill him.  He told me he thinks this will kill him.  I am terrified.

I don't know what to do.  Will he have to go back to his hometown away from me?  We will end up being without a place to live?  Is this a repeat of Boston, where we literally had no money to eat?

Why can't we have what everyone else seems to have?  I just want our own place.  Just a little place.  And enough money to get by.  Why does it seem like almost everyone I know gets to be happy and stable and financially secure except for me and the most wonderful person I have ever known?

I am so scared that this will kill us.  Literally kill us.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:55:03 am by Sajainta »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: November 11, 2010, 11:21:18 pm »
Really sorry Sajainta. It's ironic that of all the things that would end up hurting you in this world, I suspected the economy the least. Love enables people to do herculean things, so if this broke him, it's really important to accept that this isn't healthy for him. At least you were able to provide a comforting presence for him to come home to -- that makes a huuuuge difference.

I know it's little consolation, but I can say I don't know a single person right now in our generation who isn't feeling this recession. At least where I'm living. This summer I encouraged a relative to offload some of her two-job work to me so she could retain a certain level of sanity. I was inspired to do that after hearing the story of a truck driver whose wife studied for and passed a work-related online test in the guy's place for simple lack of time. Not sure if you're able to enter into that kind of arrangement with D, since it depends on whether the work is digital in nature. Are you able to collect any kind of benefits to help pad your combined income, or anything?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:26:58 pm by FaustWolf »

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5414 on: November 12, 2010, 12:00:36 pm »
I’m really sorry, Sajainta. I send you my best wishes, hoping with all my heart that things will get better soon.