Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472845 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5370 on: October 15, 2010, 01:33:47 am »
You say that now, but Seattle beckons...

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5371 on: October 15, 2010, 02:55:12 am »
I realize that my political opinions can be offensive, especially considering I have more right-wing opinions of certain things, but I really wish people didn't take my opinions so personally. Especially since I get defriended by two people by stating them in my own blog. I didn't care with one of the defrienders at all, but the other one I actually really liked and it was kind of hurtful to be said they don't want to associate with me anymore because they think I'm a horrible person for having the guts to state certain political opinions. WTF D:. I would never do that to someone.

I know someone who is quite right wing, and always said all these really rude racial slurs about people. I've known her since HS and she's always been right-wing. These days she's become even more right wing and has become very intelligent about politics, especially when it comes to raising dirt about our president. I don't agree with about 70 percent of her opinions, but I would never stop being friends with her just because of that. I have tried to stop taking internet drama seriously. I am usually the cause of it, and that one person who defriended me I have decided isn't worth my time getting upset over, if she wants to abandon me for my political views.

Internet drama isn't really worth my time getting upset about anymore. I suppose that I value the Compendium for that epiphany :3. My life is pretty awesome and it exceeds the internet. I love all of you here, but I'm glad I moved past getting emotionally invested in internet drama. I still do it, but it's not like it makes me sad or even enraged anymore. The enraged I'm sure may happen again, let's just hope it isn't soon XD;

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: October 18, 2010, 11:07:09 pm »
Kodokami - those eReaders are tricky business. I'm not a big fan of Sony's - I had one, it broke, it sucked. Even after we got it replaced, it sits in my desk drawer.
There is something unnatural about it, and the Sony's still glare in the sun, just not as noticably.

I'm frustrated due to not being able to synthesize two conflicting mindsets I have, and it's giving me hell. Also, writer's block.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: October 18, 2010, 11:30:14 pm »
I'm actually enjoying my eReader (I've had it about a week now). There are problems, but overall it suits me. I have to be so careful with it though so as not to damage it ($40 is ridiculous to dish out for that mediocre cover). True, there is still a slight glare and an odd feel to it compared to real books, but the ease and convenience of carrying multiple books for whatever I fancy wins in my opinion.

Good to see you back, by the way.

Hmm, a frustration... Family financial problems. And no job to back them up with aid. =(

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: October 18, 2010, 11:37:39 pm »
The cover actually broke on me - when it was replaced, they gave me a foam case thing - REALLY inadequate as far as safety goes.
I suppose I didn't give myself enough time to get used to it though, I still have some books in there and free classics are always nice. I remember the initial joy - hooray, no thinking about what book to bring anymore! Just grab the eReader and go!
Thanks for the welcome back.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: October 21, 2010, 03:33:40 am »
Moldy cheese. I bit into it. Dkajfalafdsfdda. It was disgusting, and I spit it out immediately, but the taste lingers.

It was shredded cheese, too, so it wasn't immediately obvious. I've been trying to up my calcium intake a bit, but this was not exactly what I had in mind. I was distracted, and took a bite of the cheese while I was preparing dinner. It tasted foul, and I spit it out. Sure enough, it was moldy. It completely ruined my baked spaghetti, too.

I love cheese, but lately, foul tastes (or upset stomachs) have been ruining foods for me in one fell swoop (sushi was the latest victim). I hope cheese isn't among the list of foods I can't stomach now. :(

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: October 22, 2010, 08:04:23 pm »
$%*!, the Depths of Memory dungeon in Sands of Destruction is $%*!ing ridiculous! More so than the puzzles in FFX...and I'm using a walkthrough!

At least I'm finished now...

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:38 pm »
LOL traffic jam and the bus drove into a dead end. Before the driver managed to back the bus to the previous intersection, another 2 buses had caught up and passed by.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5378 on: October 25, 2010, 11:36:10 pm »
Fucking asshole rednecks. It's the down-home, country-fried, common clay of the earth, red-stater, Republican-voting, young-earth creationist, old-timey, backwater white-ass goddamned fucking trash who tip the worst at my restaurant. Out of any fucking demographic, country white trash rednecks are the fucking worst tippers. Is it any fucking wonder that the American south and midwest are so socially fucking retarded? It's these fucking cavepeople's goddamned home territory. I was fucking MVP at the restaurant tonight and no one was for want of anything, and I even had constant cups of ice coming for iced tea (since the ice melts fast) and even a birthday candle for the big redneck party. $7 on a $120. Not even fucking 7%. Redneck dumbfucks.

These are simple folk, people of the land, the common clay of the earth. You know.... morons.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: October 26, 2010, 01:58:55 am »
Fucking asshole rednecks. It's the down-home, country-fried, common clay of the earth, red-stater, Republican-voting, young-earth creationist, old-timey, backwater white-ass goddamned fucking trash who tip the worst at my restaurant. Out of any fucking demographic, country white trash rednecks are the fucking worst tippers. Is it any fucking wonder that the American south and midwest are so socially fucking retarded? It's these fucking cavepeople's goddamned home territory. I was fucking MVP at the restaurant tonight and no one was for want of anything, and I even had constant cups of ice coming for iced tea (since the ice melts fast) and even a birthday candle for the big redneck party. $7 on a $120. Not even fucking 7%. Redneck dumbfucks.

Well, run them over with a tractor. Violence is the only things these animals seem to understand.

Yes. I called them animals. No, I don't believe they don't deserve to be called human. Not with all the bullshit they've apparently been getting away with for so many years. :x

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: October 26, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »
Hm. I need to make note of this. I rarely go out to larger restaurants unless I'm with a group, but $2-3 is common for what I would tip for my share. Is this reasonable?

I wouldn't be so extreme as to call these people "animals" though, Skylark.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5381 on: October 26, 2010, 06:14:50 pm »
Just depends. The expected minimum is probably 10%. 15% is for good service, and 20% is for great (or if you really like the person). Under 10% is inviting disappointment, and under 5% means you will be remembered.

Not that I'd ever sabotage someone's food or anything, but if someone's a bad tipper, I have less incentive to try harder to get them what they need. That time's better used getting someone else's stuff, since they might tip well.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: October 26, 2010, 06:21:31 pm »
Not that I'd ever sabotage someone's food or anything, but if someone's a bad tipper, I have less incentive to try harder to get them what they need. That time's better used getting someone else's stuff, since they might tip well.

Haha, I can understand you there. It's unfortunate that so many don't realize the importance of the waiter.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: October 26, 2010, 10:13:03 pm »
Hm. I need to make note of this. I rarely go out to larger restaurants unless I'm with a group, but $2-3 is common for what I would tip for my share. Is this reasonable?

I wouldn't be so extreme as to call these people "animals" though, Skylark.

I get what you're saying, but...

It just scares the hell out of me what these jackasses are capable of and what they're willing to do. And what pisses me off the most is their attitude of 'There's no room for people who don't follow our way of thinking'. I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to believe that these hypocrites can be the way they are and still be considered human. I just can't. :(

Although to be fair, I can think of a couple of exceptions. But only a couple.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5384 on: October 27, 2010, 04:10:01 am »
I understand that you're upset about your friend converting into a Christian, but I do not understand why you're upset by your friend finding another friend so quickly. The first thing that comes into my mind is "envy", but I wouldn't jump into assumptions to hurt someone like that.

Of course a person has a right to choose what he/she wants to be, just as you have the right to believe what you want to believe. But why must his conversion hurt you so much?