Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472894 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5356 on: September 22, 2010, 01:59:22 am »
I'm getting a cold right now. I haven't had one in two years thanks to my "creepy nose things", but they're running out and can never be replaced : (. I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that dad and I are planning on traveling to bring grandma to her nursing home near dad, and he's worried she will pick up this cold that's been going around.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5357 on: September 22, 2010, 02:25:23 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_wars

Ew. Such a frail idea of reality. It reminds me of someone who said that the scientific method itself was "patriarchal". It seems like any kind of social organizing will always be made tough as long as people believe in and demand respect for their religion, spirituality, and irrational beliefs.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5358 on: September 22, 2010, 05:49:57 am »
It seems like any kind of social organizing will always be made tough as long as people believe in and demand respect for their religion, spirituality, and irrational beliefs.
Make that, philosophical. After all, science is not some absolute order. It's a tool used in acquiring knowledge.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: September 22, 2010, 06:41:01 am »
Oh, for the love of...

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-king-christian-flag-100920,0,3348221.story

I guess in hindsight, this was always a disaster waiting to happen. I remember when this memorial was constructed. It was privately funded by churches and religious organizations, and some personal donations, but ultimately built on city-owned property. The churches feel like they have the right to fly a Christian flag there. The city council, however, also has the legal right to remove that flag since it owns the property.

I am not religious, and tend to hold a rather antagonistic opinion of organized religion (though I try very hard not to...), but this doesn't feel very cut and dry even to me. It's almost like saying, "Hey, thanks for the expensive, beautiful memorial! Now, get all your stuff and get out!" to the churches who paid through their teeth for the memorial. Then again, it's city property and therefore the council has the right to remove the flag. And there's a very expensive lawsuit to consider.

No easy answers... or maybe I just can't see the issue clearly.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5360 on: September 25, 2010, 08:01:29 am »
Been really horrid with the insomnia lately. I asked the doctor to put me on prescription pills

I have been really freaking out about the trip I'm taking on Sunday to take grandma to the nursing home. Today at work, during my total meltdown when I had to leave the office to sit in the sun for a while to try to make myself stop crying, I called the parents to be demanded to be put into a hotel instead of share a small apt with bitch grandma (mom's mom) and dad. He of course said no, so I said I would order it myself. Mom called me back and let me know that I would only be there from 11 pm to around 6 am, which I then agreed to bear with it. I just hope that dad will be ok to deal with during the brief trip. There are some people that I cannot stand being around when I'm less than happy, and he's number 1. That's mostly what I'm afraid of. He'll be a bitch the entire time and I won't be able to take it and have some kind of melt down.

Coworker drama has reached a threshold. Thankfully, I finally spoke up and it looks like immediate supervisor should be taking care of things. We didn't want the director involved, but at our drunken coworker night, one of us talked really loudly about the manipulative bitch coworker. Immediate supervisor and Director aren't aware of just how much manipulative bitch coworker has fucked all of us over. During my 7 hour shift today that I covered for her, I learned a lot more than I really ever want to. This isn't nearly as bad for me as a worse situation in Japan, but still I get in uber bitch mode when flakes are fucking over us who work hard.

Anyway, right now I think I'm gunna take 4 pills of these prescription drugs . Hopefully I can sleep tonight. Tomorrow I have a shift with pokemon coworker. I like working with him the best, probably, even though me and German coworker have really gotten along well. One time a few weeks ago  there was a huge bitch fight between him and her because she basically was like "Shut the fuck up about pokaymanz, I'm trying to concentrate," and all hell broke lose XD;. I honestly was only offended because I wish she'd said it more politely, but I guess it was a misunderstanding.

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5361 on: October 03, 2010, 06:23:15 pm »
So me, and my parents go out to eat at a restaurant, and we end up having four flys buzzing around us.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: October 03, 2010, 11:25:31 pm »
Set your phasers to stun. Watch the antics ensue.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5363 on: October 03, 2010, 11:53:10 pm »
Lost my mind from insomnia several days ago, and now I have agoraphobia D:. Also some kind of paranoid other things. It's a long story. Anyway, I can only be in crowded places now if I have my ear plugs with me. Good news is that grandma is doing well.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5364 on: October 04, 2010, 07:58:41 am »
Holy cow! Hope you'll be fine. You seriously need to hear some celtic music. XD It's helped me get to sleep. Another method of inducing sleep unto yourself is to completely stop thinking for a moment, shutting down the rational side of your brain and let the images float in.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5365 on: October 04, 2010, 11:44:16 am »
The doctor that I went to gave me a sleep sheet with stuff he wants me to follow. Since I got back, I've been sleeping pretty well, though only ~7.5 hrs when I like around 9 hrs XD;. A big thing that has helped is that he said I was not to play on the computer or video games, or any kind of "stimulating" electronic medium an hour before bed. Even though I'm pretty hardcore over pokemon black right now, I've been basically trying to follow that and read some chick book instead. If I get really bad, I still have dad's copy of Moby Dick- one of the most horrid books I have ever tried to read. Disappointing because I'm really into the story >___<. Reading a really boring book actually has started to help me.

I still am sensitive to noises when I sleep. A problem with my place (now I'm at my parents) is that the next door neighbors have their very noisy air conditioner running all night long, even if it's already cold and they don't need it. It's kept me up the entire night before.I haven't bitched about it to them because they have more serious problems- one of them has some kind of severe blood pressure condition that hasn't been alleviated and doctors can't figure out what is wrong with him : (. It's really sad because every time I ask about what he's been up to, all he's been up to is spending hours and hours at the hospital undergoing all sorts of medical tests. Wish he had Dr. House!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5366 on: October 04, 2010, 02:19:28 pm »
Ha, god. Tons of protests are going on in Europe over austerity measures (side note: fuck austerity; it doesn't fucking work), and the ACTA is still being kicked around. But what's on the news?

"Be afraaaaid! The terrorists are coming for...uh, somewhere!! Hide! Don't get anywhere! Be very, very afraid!"

God, it is the most cynical, hollow fucking thing. Are we at war with Eastasia now?

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: October 05, 2010, 06:36:57 pm »
Jealousy.  Separating bullshit from motivation.  Trivial.

Aaaaand got some killlllller feedback from a casting director for a good paying job, no word on booking the damn thing though...HA it's a mirror of my love life..."You're GREAT, BUUUUUUUT"

*begins writing jokes*

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: October 05, 2010, 07:50:41 pm »
I've been looking forward to getting an eReader, and so far only Sony has met my expectations. They had a special bundle for the Daily Edition about a month ago, so I decided to save up for it. Now that I have the money, the PRS-900 is being replaced by the PRS-950 and thus no longer available.

OK, fine. The Touch Edition is essentially the same and smaller in size, only lacking the Wi-Fi. After much research and finally deciding it is the Reader for me, I headed to Best Buy to make my purchase . . . only to find that it, the PRS-600, has also been discontinued (for the PRS-650). Fortunately, this Reader isn't much more expensive: $183.99 compared to the $239.99 I was willing to spend on the Daily Edition (and $169.99 for the original Touch). Unfortunately, that model was out of stock. So I waited. And finally, today the PRS-650 is back in stock! . . . But for the price of $229.99. I actually called customer service to find out what happened; apparently, the price I saw was for a promotional sale no longer being offered. :x

I have the money however, and this Reader is the most suitable for me. So I believe I will make the purchase.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: October 15, 2010, 12:44:16 am »
Despite the fact they're served at the same restaurant, sake and sushi don't mix well together on an empty stomach....

I feel like I'm falling over drunk on one bottle of alcohol, hahaha... I'm such a lightweight. And I'm probably never going to eat sushi again.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:29:06 am by rushingwind »