Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472877 times)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5340 on: September 09, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »

Pince Of Persia is coming out on DVD.  Next time I hear "Give me the daggah!"  I'm just going to punch whoever's around me.  So don't be around me or else I'll punch you.  'Cause that shit is on nonstop!

I agree. I honestly felt like some parts of that movie were akin to "Assassin's Creed."

Oh, and up yours, Jerry Bruckheimer, for thinking action will ever take the place of plot in this movie.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: September 09, 2010, 10:50:56 pm »
From around 2000 to 2003ish I had a jazz version of the epoch's music (Wings that Cross Time, I believe). It was very well done. Alas, I lost that file and never since have been able to even confirm that such a thing existed. It is my white whale (okay, not really, but "white whale" is fun to say)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: September 10, 2010, 06:35:31 pm »
Friends canceling plans.  Especially when said friend was up to doing something two hours ago, but now is "moody".  Fuck that.  A whole stressful first week of school and the first weekend I get I can't hang out with my friends?  Fuck that.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: September 11, 2010, 02:02:40 am »
I hate when that happens. Just happened to me not to long ago, and utterly pissed me off because the plans were cancelled at the last minute.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5344 on: September 12, 2010, 10:25:09 pm »
Sunsets show that God is a beautiful artist.

Yeah, I especially love his work in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and that Indonesian Tsunami wasn't such a bad piece, either.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5345 on: September 13, 2010, 05:30:51 am »
A whole stressful first week of school and the first weekend I get I can't hang out with my friends?  Fuck that.
In such cases I do two things. 1) Bunk classes. 2) Hold up my own events and force my friends to join in.  :lol: (it's actually a treat; today we're goin for icecream sodas)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: September 13, 2010, 01:48:14 pm »
Yeaaaaaaaaaah, skipping class is a really bad idea this semester.  Or ever.  I try to avoid missing classes at all cost, let alone skipping classes.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: September 14, 2010, 03:00:13 am »
I'm back in the desert where I grew up, for a few weeks. Contrary to what I remember, people here don't seem to run their air conditioners continuously...or barely at all, in some cases. Josh is hot. =(

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: September 14, 2010, 09:52:07 pm »
I hate traffic jam.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5349 on: September 16, 2010, 03:05:35 am »
So much familial opposition to my European ambition, rooted in some kind of fear of never seeing me again. Christ.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11317441

Haha, if a Papal Aide called the UK a third world country, what does that make the Vatican? Fucking Medieval?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:36:21 am by ZeaLitY »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5350 on: September 18, 2010, 02:44:25 pm »
Fuck India and its primitive mindset in every regard. Before the British era it was a mighty place full of kickass kingdoms with a passion to break through fate and create the unthinkable. Now? Everyone's a lazy fucker just waiting to satisfy their own wallets, which results in the rise in expenses, in turn resulting in creating a rift between affordability and common employment, in turn creating lack of empathy, in turn creating a FUCKING loop. Hell yeah, you've got uneducated, bribe hungry trouble-making police here who like nothing than to find a scapegoat and earn some kinda promotion. I was hoping the nation would educate itself, hoping it can learn something from China, but no -- it decides to move to the opposite direction.

The only things that seem to be tying this country together is religion and tradition, at least here, and moral values encouraging empathy, thanks to festivals held in full glory. But unfortunately even those threads are fading slowly. But this isn't why I rant.

The cafe I normally work at is no longer a cafe. Every cafe in Pune has been shut down. Why? Mumbai attacks, and perhaps future terrorism. Each time something happens they place Cafes as scapegoats giving us as much inconvenience as possible, and most of their demands are hardly logical. No, it's hardly about security even though they have that reason as a backup, it's just downright annoying. We did have digital storage of data of every customer and even had surveillance, but no, just because the officers don't know how to use a simple computer they wanted us to do that AND write more details of every customer's name, address, phone number, referrals, etc. just to let him use the net/comp for a couple of minutes. Meaning: I have to make people wait for 15 fucking minutes doing things that aren't important just to let them browse for a bit. Doesn't valid ID Proof suffice? Or are the officials too lazy to track people down based on IDs itself? What, people set up bombs by programming it?

The core reason for my rage is sheer backwardness of this country where people don't pay the slightest attention or effort to learn something simple, either wanting things spoonfed or just fucking with people for fun.

Nevertheless, we're still running, not as a cafe but at least for bill payments, ticket booking, and hardware sales and services. The problem? Lack of funds means my salary might go down 50% or more. Even so I have served here faithfully for four years and it's about time I search for a job in the line of my career. Sadly my courses aren't over yet, nor have I complete my college. I don't mind leaving this job but things have happened at just the wrong time.

Anywhos, searching for a job would mean one thing: finish a good portfolio and master most of the tools required. Unfortunately that might take well over a year, but my resolve is to finish it under a year. Six months even. Also, gotta finish my book pronto so at least I "might" secure some funds there.

But the Phoenix never gives up. He breaks, he burns, he turns to dust. But he rises through the ashes in all its glory, claiming the world in darkness with his light. Not only will I attempt to secure finance for myself and my family I will also revolutionize this pathetic country's animation field, and not to mention, the morality field. Despite the worst there are still quite a lot of people here who are smart enough to see the flaws in our great country. For them, and the majestic heritage behind us, I will secure a great future.

To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
In their well being and prosperity alone lies my happiness.

Jai Hind!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: September 18, 2010, 04:43:09 pm »
I am using my dad's laptop this Saturday noontide, and I lament that this keyboard layout switches the left control key with the left (and only) function key, so that the function key rather than the control key has bottom-left status.

The reason this is lamentable is that CTRL + C will execute the clipboard copy function, whereas FN + C will immediately crash the computer. I'm at two and counting.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: September 18, 2010, 07:00:48 pm »
I have a few frustrations.

1 - Spite. Turning a thermostat up to 85 degrees F and telling me you're feeling a bit chilly, when you're sitting there, witnessing me drenched in sweat. Unless you've got the flu there's no way you're cold at 85 degrees, even here in Carolina. You're just not.
2 - Friends who lie about important things. I will give my trust until I'm given a reason not to, and today I learned that a very good friend lied to me about something hugely important when they had a dozen opportunities to make it right. I felt very close to this friend, and it wounds me to think they lied to me about this. It's bad enough that I'm not sure the friendship can be salvaged. Which sucks, because I can count on one hand the close friendships I have, and this was one of them.
3 - Me. I've turned very nasty in the last month. Normally I'm a very nice, sweet person. I've undergone such a dramatic change in the last month that it surprises even me. I have openly told several people to fuck off lately, which I don't do. I have become very confrontational and, in my opinion, antagonistic. True, I'm accomplishing a lot, but this kind of behavior isn't me. I need to find a way to relieve some stress...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5353 on: September 19, 2010, 06:16:12 am »
3 - Me. I've turned very nasty in the last month. Normally I'm a very nice, sweet person. I've undergone such a dramatic change in the last month that it surprises even me. I have openly told several people to fuck off lately, which I don't do. I have become very confrontational and, in my opinion, antagonistic. True, I'm accomplishing a lot, but this kind of behavior isn't me. I need to find a way to relieve some stress...
Confrontation is human nature. However, try and relax a bit. Stress does that to people. Mind you, telling people to fuck off again and again eventually becomes a habit.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: September 20, 2010, 01:08:00 am »
For what it's worth, I've been mostly hot here in the desert, too. It seems people don't use their air conditioners as much as I remember. =(