Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478666 times)

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5280 on: July 23, 2010, 12:27:29 am »
People driving on state highways need to be traveling faster than 40 MPH. If they can't travel within 5 MPH of the posted speed limit sign (typically 55 MPH), they should find an alternate route, and get (the frak) out of my way!

I hate being held up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:29:01 am by tripehound »

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
  • "Reality is irrelevant; Perception is everything."
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5281 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:21 pm »
Waiting on the perfect job, and they keep pushing back the hiring date over and over and over...

Also, can't go running when it storms. Tried using the exercise bike I found in the basement...It catches constantly so I can't pedal more than one rotation without stopping. I'd shoot it if I thought it would help.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: July 23, 2010, 03:34:43 pm »
People driving on state highways need to be traveling faster than 40 MPH. If they can't travel within 5 MPH of the posted speed limit sign (typically 55 MPH), they should find an alternate route, and get (the frak) out of my way!

I hate being held up.

That mentality among motorists frustrates me.

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5283 on: July 23, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »

I hate being held up.

This.

Also, people driving at or below the speed limit in the left lane. That's for people wanting to actually go somewhere. If you aren't passing someone or driving fast, get out of the way. And while we're on the subject, don't attempt to pass someone by going only 1mph faster than them, when I'm coming up behind you going >10mph faster.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: July 23, 2010, 04:56:38 pm »
For fuck's sake, the open roads are not your personal speedways. They are for everybody to use, and their purpose is transportation--not egotistical feats of power. The speed limit is a speed limit, not the speed that everybody has to be driving at. A car is for going places, not proving your superiority to anyone who happens to be nearby. The passing lane on a road is for anyone to use to pass another vehicle, not just speed demon idiots who have no conception whatsoever of the dangerousness of operating a motor vehicle at a high speed with an attitude of entitlement to the road and resentment toward other motorists.

It's a sad fact that young males are the most dangerous drivers on the road. Another Compendiumite almost killed himself in a car wreck the other day. Even ZeaLitY has totaled a truck and could just as easily have been pushing up daisies by now. Why don't you two jokers think about enjoying the drive and driving safely rather than pissing your pants whenever you have to slow down a few miles per hour because some other motorist has the sheer gall to "get in your way"?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: July 23, 2010, 05:03:17 pm »
I just want trains.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: July 23, 2010, 05:03:52 pm »
Darn University Prices going up ! >.>

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: July 23, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »
I miss living in the UK where my family didn't even need a car--the public transportation was excellent in Edinburgh and we never missed a vehicle.  I wish I could say the same thing for the US, but everywhere I've lived (with the exception of Boston) the public transportation has been awful.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: July 23, 2010, 05:13:54 pm »
Ugh, why did my cousin had to stay with us for vacation time? Everytime he and my brother get toguether it's like a torture to me. X_X

Maybe I should convince my mother that next time he (my brother) should go instead to my cousin's house... :roll:

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5289 on: July 23, 2010, 07:55:19 pm »
It seems my last post touched a nerve. Allow me to rephrase.

People who think they are the only ones on the road, and take their sweet time either intentionally or unintentionally blocking the road for others. If you aren't going to go the speed limit, stay in the right lane. This is worse among semis. One will go below the speed limit. The next will go 1mph above them and think they should pass. Your lack of decreasing 1mph to match and remain behind the one in front of you makes me slow down 10-20mph abruptly because you decide you own the road.

Also, blinkers people. They're there for a reason. If you're in a turning lane, it's obvious what you're doing. Even I don't use them half the time in a turning lane because the fact I'm in the turning lane signals to other drivers I'm going to turn. But if you're changing lanes, I and everyone else is unaware. Let us know!

All I want is my own share of road. Let me be and I'll let you be. I'm not the guy racing 50mph over the speed limit, but nor do I wish to be trapped between the semi and the old asian lady, neither of which know how to drive or where their gas pedal is.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: July 26, 2010, 01:17:19 am »
deviant was able to clarify my feelings a bit more accurately; I admit I posted that while I was still feeling a bit of road rage, and didn't make myself as clear as I had intended.  :lol:

Quote from: Lord J Esq
For fuck's sake, the open roads are not your personal speedways. They are for everybody to use...

One should keep both extremes in mind when keeping this perspective. Agreed, it isn't particularly courteous or safe to treat most highways like drag strips, but as deviant noted, those that don't feel any hurry to reach their destination should realize that there are others behind them who may have some kind of deadline they have to meet. To me, it's equally discourteous to not allow the traffic stacking up behind oneself the opportunity to continue on their way. It's the latter that my frustration was directed toward.

I should point out too that I was on a two-lane highway at the time, which means there is no passing unless traffic going the opposite way is clear. That's when the whole "move your crappy Pontiac" mentality tends to weigh heavily on me. It'd be different if I was on the Interstate and actually had a passing lane to utilize.

Anyway, I just had to vent somewhere. Don't mind me.  :P

Quote from: FaustWolf
I just want trains.

I agree; it's too bad public transportation is so culturally irrelevant in the US.  :(

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5291 on: July 26, 2010, 06:57:57 pm »
Fucking Buddhism. "Stop up your desires" is the biggest rationalization for giving up and throwing in the towel I've ever heard. "Desire is the root of all suffering" is true for those who are too weak to achieve their desires. So get stronger; educate yourself; believe in yourself; grow; work hard; and find what you're looking for in this world while constantly improving yourself and your ethos. Don't give up and then claim that's somehow enlightenment. That's just a fucking copout. The entire thing's wrapped in metaphysical bullshit anyhow, and the truth is that we only know we've got one life to live and a heart that craves experience. Throwing that away and sitting in a room meditating for the rest of your life in austerity is a great way to waste all your potential and fail as a human being.

It is so fucking obvious.

deviant_ambition

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5292 on: July 27, 2010, 06:23:36 am »
deviant was able to clarify my feelings a bit more accurately; I admit I posted that while I was still feeling a bit of road rage, and didn't make myself as clear as I had intended.  :lol:

Quote from: Lord J Esq
For fuck's sake, the open roads are not your personal speedways. They are for everybody to use...

One should keep both extremes in mind when keeping this perspective. Agreed, it isn't particularly courteous or safe to treat most highways like drag strips, but as deviant noted, those that don't feel any hurry to reach their destination should realize that there are others behind them who may have some kind of deadline they have to meet. To me, it's equally discourteous to not allow the traffic stacking up behind oneself the opportunity to continue on their way. It's the latter that my frustration was directed toward.

I should point out too that I was on a two-lane highway at the time, which means there is no passing unless traffic going the opposite way is clear. That's when the whole "move your crappy Pontiac" mentality tends to weigh heavily on me. It'd be different if I was on the Interstate and actually had a passing lane to utilize.

Anyway, I just had to vent somewhere. Don't mind me.  :P

Quote from: FaustWolf
I just want trains.

I agree; it's too bad public transportation is so culturally irrelevant in the US.  :(

But of course! I drive at the speed I drive, which often means I pass others, so I'm usually in the left lane on the interstate. Should someone catch up to me, I gladly step aside to let him pass.

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5293 on: July 30, 2010, 03:54:44 am »
Last week I got a Tetanus shot in my left arm. A week later, and my arm still hunts. I can't use my Wii for more then 20 minutes before my arm starts to hurt.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5294 on: July 30, 2010, 08:29:54 pm »
http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2010/07/28/aint-i-a-mama/

Fuck this post. I don't give a fuck about your feminist-on-feminist bashing, and using god-fucking-awful English is deficiency, not culture.