Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473026 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5235 on: June 13, 2010, 05:11:09 am »
My frustration is that I have utterly and totally misplaced the DVD my friend gave me yesterday of his wife's appearance on Jeopardy. I am beginning to worry that I may have dropped it outside the apartment somewhere...which would be uncharacteristic of me!

Instant Update: I wasn't willing to admit defeat by posting this, so I did one last thorough search of my apartment, and found it in the foyer closet. I sit down there to take off my shoes when I come home, and the CD had slid off the desk and onto the floor behind a pair of shoes. Hrm! An escape artist.

Frustration canceled.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: June 17, 2010, 12:51:55 am »
I like trees.

But I don't like them when they fall on my roof.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: June 17, 2010, 12:58:54 am »
=/

How bad?

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: June 17, 2010, 01:28:59 am »
=/

How bad?

One of my first thoughts after coming in from work and seeing it last night was, "Cool, I always wanted a sunroof..."

It could have been a lot worse. Structurally, everything is all right, and it wasn't a big tree (it was tall, but not very big around). But apparently it was an already weak area of the roof, and it just didn't accept the tree's weight very well. I had a nice hole in my roof that I covered as best as I could until today, when they put a temporary cover over it until they can put in some new ceiling joists, new shingles, and reseal the area. They started on it today, and they'll be back tomorrow to work on it some more. Thank goodness I know some people, or this would be a lot more expensive.

The worst part was all the water that got in. It's just a gigantic mess. At least it was in a room that was mostly empty, but... the carpeting, the walls, everything... it's just disgusting. It's still wet, even though this happened over 24 hours ago. I like the rain and all, but it needs to stop for a few days so I can get it all dried out.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #5239 on: June 17, 2010, 02:47:24 am »
Well that sucks. At least it didn't knock down the whole house.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: June 17, 2010, 02:50:29 am »
Well that sucks. At least it didn't knock down the whole house.

Absolutely. And there are trees close enough with the size and weight to do just that. I got really lucky.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: June 17, 2010, 02:57:41 am »
Oh WOW.  That really sucks.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

I do like that you had a sense of humour about it.  That can help a lot in shitty situations.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5242 on: June 18, 2010, 01:36:01 am »
MotherFUCK this Czech chapter is not sticking. Niceties like "you mustn't remove your shoes!! tsundere~ boty-chan, let's go on a visit at your nice flat!" are not sticking. I'd better change it up and do vocabulary for a while and force these words to stay in my mind.

:franky HEY WHAT'S SHAKING NICE HOUSE FUCKER

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: June 24, 2010, 10:25:37 pm »
Hmm, I watched a piece of news on TV that night, which said many stray cats was poisoned to death in a East China city. Such things also happened in my city before and will no doubt happen again and again. The reason for such action is simple, because some think cats are annoying, especially when they are over populated (there are usually hundreds of thousands of stray cats in a city, they grow fleas and when certain time in a year comes, their haunted howls pierce the quiet night). Some cat-loving organizations suggest to sterilize stray cats since it is impossible to adopt or feed all of them, but you know that needs lots of efforts and money.

Though I love cats and don't think it's an good idea to sterilize or kill them, but the overpopulation problem is just there, eventually people have to do something to that.  :?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5244 on: June 25, 2010, 05:03:32 am »
I TOLD YA CATS WILL FIND A WAY TO RULE THE WORLD! NO DOUBT ALFADOR'S LEADING EM!

But seriously, poison em? This gives a good view into human mind. It's not just insects or animals; when most humans grow tired of tolerating even other humans they dislike they try  to move away. If that isn't possible, then crime is imminent. But considering cats have no way of speaking their view (come on) almost everyone would consider that killing the pests off is okay. What a bunch of losers...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: June 25, 2010, 01:12:21 pm »
Though I love cats and don't think it's an good idea to sterilize or kill them, but the overpopulation problem is just there, eventually people have to do something to that.  :?

It's actually a bit of a kindness to sterilize them. Cats have a problem of overpopulation; people find kittens and bring them to shelters all the time, meaning that shelters are forced to eventually put some cats "to sleep." But by capturing, sterilizing, and releasing them, we can allow cats to live in the "wild" but not overpopulate. The problem with just taking a feral cat and adopting it out is that a new feral cat will move into the area. While one intends the adopting as a kindness, it doesn't really help the problem. A neutered cat, however, can maintain its territory, help keep the rodent population down, and live the life it always has.

Also, if cats are neutered, they probably wont howl at certain times of the year, so hopefully people will be less pissed at them.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: June 25, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »
It's easier on the female cats as well: feral females rarely live to be two years old, or so I understand, and it isn't just because of fighting or lack of food. In general, spaying/neutering extends a cat's life.

Killing them, though, is just...wrong. :(

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5247 on: June 25, 2010, 06:28:07 pm »
This is why Bob Barker used to tell people to have their pets spayed or neutered.

But yes, a kitty cat genocide is wrong.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: June 29, 2010, 01:53:06 am »
I just got back today from a weekend spent with my family down south for a cousin's wedding.  This is the first time I've seen any of my extended family in 5 years and believe me...it will be the last.  My mother is the "black sheep" of the family for the most ludicrous reasons, they are a bunch of racist, ignorant alcoholics, and not to mention that the wedding ceremony lasted a long-ass time because there was a fucking EUCHARIST during the ceremony.  What the hell??

I guess the point of a Catholic wedding (from what I have gathered) is to keep telling the couple that they should be blessed with children.  Because obviously...that is totally the point of marriage.  -___-  The mood of the ceremony was morose and hardly focused on the couple at all.  But that's what they wanted, so...whatever.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile