Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 479772 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5100 on: April 05, 2010, 08:41:18 pm »
Maybe we should give people tax credits based on their ability to answer a current events questionnaire.

"I'll pay you to be less ignorant!"

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: April 06, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »
Maybe we should give people tax credits based on their ability to answer a current events questionnaire.

Could we do the same with Carbon Credits? (They're such a joke, it isn't funny.)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: April 08, 2010, 12:42:36 am »
It gets under my skin that my fiance insists on being right. She told me today that Star Wars was based on the Star Wars book series.

After telling her how wrong that was, she still wouldn't listen. Even after LOOKING IT UP AND CITING FIVE DIFFERENT WEBSITES she still said I was wrong.

._.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: April 08, 2010, 01:39:35 am »
You shouldn't marry someone who gets under your skin like this before you're even married.

In fact, society ought to formalize a couple of tiers of indefinite relationship statuses below the level of marriage, so that people who can't take the heat of matrimony but want some level of legal recognition (and some of the rights that go with it) can have their needs met.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: April 08, 2010, 11:02:38 am »
But everyone's bound to get under your skin from time to time, healthy relationship or not.  That's just inevitable.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:48:20 pm by Sajainta »

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: April 08, 2010, 12:55:34 pm »
But everyone's bound to get under other your skin from time to time, healthy relationship or not.  That's just inevitable.
This.

She and I both know this. While we annoy each other from time to time, we still love each other.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: April 08, 2010, 02:28:01 pm »
Disputes will come and go (hopefully), but don't let them get to you. Especially not something as trivial as Star Wars (I feel I will be jumped for saying that). Part of being in a relationship is learning how to work your way through problems. Sometimes, agreeing to disagree works just as well.

-----

Now for my own frustrations. . .

In my search for scholarships, I found a relatively easy one. Just three questions and I'm done. Two out of the three I can answer, but the other one. . . I don't know why, but it has me stumped. "Tell us the funniest true story that has ever happened to you."

It seems that when it comes to recalling specific moments in my life, I fail. I experienced the same yesterday with Lord J's question, "What is the most beautiful thing you have ever done?" I can't answer these questions thoroughly, and it frustrates me.

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: April 08, 2010, 11:25:11 pm »
I am officially stationed in korea, which is cool, but by some quirk of the date of my arrival, im stuck doing nothing until the 15th but the simple inprocessing that I've almost completed.  I don't really know my way around downtown so I dont want to get lost, and my friends are either already here and working, or dont get here until the 18th....  soooo boreddd

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5108 on: April 08, 2010, 11:30:26 pm »
I had the ingenious idea of not wearing sunscreen while in Hawaii so now I'm paying for it D:. Hopefully I will have achieved the tan I wanted though.

Also, kind of sucks being back from vacation XD.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: April 09, 2010, 02:55:36 am »
After almost a week I finally have news about school regarding the earthquake of last Sunday.

No school until the 19th. Although, to me, that's not exactly 'Stuff you love' material, so it more or less goes here. And since the lost time will be recovered in June... :roll:

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: April 09, 2010, 02:14:16 pm »

:x

I hate it when people rely on me and my mental condition to help get something accomplished around the house when they are perfectly capable of doing it themselves. It's like I can't get a break from them.  Heaven forbid them actually remember how to operate a VHS/DVD player from 3 days ago when I showed them how to step-by-@#$%-step.

Fun Fact (<--Sarcastic): I have Asperger's Syndrome.  Average IQ, but Rain-Man-esque memory.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5111 on: April 09, 2010, 02:16:06 pm »
Bah, if the 'going green' initiative taking place at my college means turning off the air conditioning in a three story all males dorm filled with athletes in the middle of a South Carolinian spring, I say nuts to this planet and lets go make a new one! With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the planet...meh, screw the whole thing, I'm too hot to deal with that nonsense.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: April 09, 2010, 03:55:42 pm »
It is WAY too warm outside.  Blah.  I wish it could be winter forever.  -__-

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5113 on: April 09, 2010, 06:20:29 pm »
You make me wish I had Aspergers, Genesis XD.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: April 09, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »
My frustration is people who do the right thing for the wrong reasons. Case in point: A fellow activist recently proclaimed how much it would elevate his standing for him to be seen participating in the activism. Never mind that his work was good work to do; the comment he chose to make is that his work would draw attention to him.

It's certainly true that one can benefit personally from being proactive, and it's certainly sincere to point that out. However, when the actual motivation for being an activist turns to self-promotion rather than social progress, that person's contribution will always come with a detrimental component. So the question becomes: At what point does the detriment supersede the benefit?

This is a good meditation* on the uselessness of the dilemma of conventional "good" and "evil."

* See Definition No. 2 as well as the etymology (i.e., "thinking over").