Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472975 times)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5040 on: March 08, 2010, 02:27:43 pm »

I don't mean message forums.  I'm talking about cell phones. (And no, I don't hate leaving messages on forums.  It's been quite productive in that respect). 

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5041 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:43 pm »
Some d-bag on G4's forums thought I was white knighting because I pointed out how his whiny off-topic post about some (supposed) girl's font choice was more annoying than said font. Then several other people started to similarly make off-topic posts about his reply & so-on (whereas I just PMed him to tell him he was wrong)...He called me a fucking n00b as well, but at least that was mildly accurate since I only just started posting there a while ago...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #5042 on: March 11, 2010, 12:20:46 am »
Frustrations: Jealousy and sucky graphics cards.
We only have two class days left to work on our Intro to Level final project. I have a lot of stuff to work on at home, but I can't open the main scene file because my computer doesn't support all the shaders in it. We also have a poly count limit of 20,000, so I can't model that statue in Magus' basement. Suck.
Regarding jealousy, my little brother got to go to Seattle to watch the filming of Friday Night Smackdown, while I was stuck at school. He even got to see Kane amidst all his fireworks! It's a guilty secret of mine, but I've always dreamed of going to one of these shows to see exactly that. Maybe he'll be there next time the WWE comes to Seattle.

(Reposted because it got moved to the Abortion thread.)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5043 on: March 15, 2010, 12:30:14 am »
Double-spacing assignments is fucking annoying.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: March 15, 2010, 04:17:17 pm »
Major virus killed my computer a few days ago. It really sucks. I had to restore the whole thing to factory settings, and therefore lost everything I had on it. All of my music, the images and art I made, and every program that didn't come with the computer.

And now the disk drive won't work to get the programs I need disks to get.

*Sighs from frustration* It'll be a long restarting process.

But I guess I gotta do it.  :kamina

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: March 15, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »
Current frustration: Doctors.

Why do they have to keep diagnosis info from you when you really need it?

For the past few months I've been seeing a doctor to find out wether or not I have Asperger's Syndrome. They completed the diagnosis and gave it to my DVR counselor. However, I have to wait a another month, maybe more, before I finally have a damn clue!

Is it Asperger's or ADD?! Can't you bastards just friggin tell me already?!! :evil:

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: March 15, 2010, 05:47:20 pm »
Double-spacing assignments is fucking annoying.
Try marking +- 150 assignments for a course. Then you'll learn to love double spacing! So much easier to read and comment on. 

I've always satisfying to type single spaced and then double space it to kill off the page limits for assignments.  Besides, if your prof is real lenient, you can be crafty and even double-space footnotes!  Brutally efficient way to get through things!  :lol:

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: March 15, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »
Bleh.  One of my professors this semester has to take a leave of absence because of illness.  Everyone I know has told me they hope the replacement isn't this one professor, as he's a ridiculously hard grader.  He got in trouble a few years ago for failing too many students.

Well, he's my replacement.  -___-  Yuck.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: March 16, 2010, 01:12:40 am »
TK: Yeah, that one's a doozy. I bet you were using Internet Explorer though, weren't you? First port of call if you have to avoid those viruses is using alternative web browsers. You might need to use a USB stick to ferry files from CD's and so forth to this computer (that's what I had to do when my brother got that virus and had to restart everything).

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5049 on: March 16, 2010, 02:23:24 pm »
Quote from: Uboa
This upsets me, too.  The more I think about it, the more I read about it, and the more I'm reminded of it, the more ashamed of my state I become.  On behalf of all Texans who can't stand this nonsense, I'm sorry that our state is setting such a backward trend. 

Statements like these; overly-broad generalizations about an entire group of people based on the asshatery of a few legislators, coupled with spiteful "apologies" on behalf of said people.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: March 16, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »
"Overly broad"? This is a democracy; you can't use that excuse here. We're not talking about "the asshatery" (ironic sic) "of a few legislators" (by which you mean school board members). This is the product of a cultural disease that cuts to the bone of the culture of Texas and more broadly the South. There is no hijacking of the will of the people. This is the majority will of the people, at least for now. Any solution you might propose, which refuses to acknowledge the spectacular failure that is modern conservatism, is doomed to irrelevance.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: March 16, 2010, 09:43:33 pm »
Somebody recently mentioned data loss as a frustration. And how! I think there is very little in life, if anything, more personally frustrating than data loss. Over the years I've lost documents, e-mails, forum messages, and even whole stories to data loss. Just now, I lost all my revisions to an article that my editor had requested I revise. See, their website automatically logs you out after 24 hours. I try to keep track of it, but with so many logins and logouts, sometimes I forget what to set my internal alarm clock for. Instead, I write articles in a word processor. In fact I write nearly everything of any importance in a word processor. But I thus far haven't done revisions to these articles in a word processor. So, in between the time that I logged into the site to make the revisions, and the time that I submitted the revisions, my 24 hours passed and I was silently logged out.

Nuts.

Update: Triple WTF! When I went to post this message, I got a "not logged in" error message. (Don't try to post replies if you've navigated away from and back to the posting page.) Thankfully, on the Compendium, the browser's back button will save the day.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: March 16, 2010, 09:49:56 pm »
I came back from a friend's dorm to find my door open, a light on (that was most definitely off when I left), and my closet door ajar.

What.the.fuck.

And my door doesn't lock.  UGH.  Why the hell were my roommates in my room??!!  :x

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: March 17, 2010, 04:16:12 am »
Statements like these; overly-broad generalizations about an entire group of people based on the asshatery of a few legislators, coupled with spiteful "apologies" on behalf of said people.

1.)  I think that my tone was pretty obviously one of disappointment, not spite.  
2.)  The only group of people mentioned in my statement is the "set", if you would, of Texans who do not like the thought of history textbooks being tampered with by people who have little if any background in history, and for the purpose of "balancing" the teaching of history in the same fashion that Fox News "balances" the reporting of current events.

I mentioned being ashamed of my state, yes, but my mention of my state was more a reference to the figurative entity that is "Texas", and the foolish trend now set by this entity.  Unfortunately, the asshattery of 2/3 of our school board members has lent such a loathsome character to our entire state.

Actually *rereads your statement*, I think that you are referencing two different groups of people in a rather jumbled way in your post.  I apologize on behalf of everyone in my state who is upset by the school board's vote, and I generalize about... whom now?  I'm confused.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:15:19 am by Uboa »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: March 17, 2010, 12:02:56 pm »
On a related note, I find the fact that curriculum, for any subject, is determined by a school board like this. I'm not familiar with all the members of the Texas Board, but those I am are not historians, economists, or anything else that qualifies them to make these sorts of decisions. It is only a dedication to the subject itself that can guard against such detrimental tampering. School boards lack that dedication, yet continue to set the standards. Our education system is ruled by the insane. Today their insanity happens to involve stabbing History repeatedly, but tomorrow it might involve rubbing food in Foreign Language's hair. Though a good bit nicer than a knife to the face, don't mistake it for sanity. The only solution is to remove this insane institution, and the sooner we can remove it, the less harm it will have caused.

So to sum up, my frustration is the current educational structure.