Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 479863 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4425 on: October 31, 2009, 11:00:35 pm »
Not to defend such a couple, but rather myself, there is a certain value in the shared experience of television watching. Some of the best discussions my wife and I have had occurred after a TV show was over and we were discussing it (we still fondly remember our debates over how psychic paper, from Doctor Who, works).

Additionally, when we were first married, having dated long distance, we spent a notable amount of time sharing favored tv shows or movies with each other, the sort that we grew up with. There is something terribly nice about sharing a favorite this or that with a loved one, even if during the sharing there is little communication.

Of course, like most things, it does prove to have ill effects when done in excess.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: October 31, 2009, 11:18:07 pm »
Not to defend such a couple, but rather myself, there is a certain value in the shared experience of television watching. Some of the best discussions my wife and I have had occurred after a TV show was over and we were discussing it (we still fondly remember our debates over how psychic paper, from Doctor Who, works).

Additionally, when we were first married, having dated long distance, we spent a notable amount of time sharing favored tv shows or movies with each other, the sort that we grew up with. There is something terribly nice about sharing a favorite this or that with a loved one, even if during the sharing there is little communication.

Of course, like most things, it does prove to have ill effects when done in excess.

That's completely understandable, and totally different from what kind of a couple they are.  It's one thing to talk after a show and enjoy it together--it's quite another to just sit there in silence night after night and never have any kind of conversation.

I've done the same thing with D, regarding favourite movies.  Especially movies we each loved during childhood.  It's so much fun.

One of my favourite things to do is watch terrible movies and make fun of them with D and with other friends.  :-D

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: November 02, 2009, 06:13:21 pm »
I do that with Dragon Wars. Worst movie ever, besides Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

Me and a few of my good friends crack jokes about it all the time.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: November 02, 2009, 07:26:50 pm »
I do that with Dragon Wars. Worst movie ever, besides Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

You have to admit Killer Klowns had one kick-ass theme song!

Listen to the second one, the first one skips.

And I'd say the worst movie ever is Plan 9 From Outer Space. But I love it!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: November 02, 2009, 08:18:30 pm »
Beer Drinkers In Space.  Worst ever.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: November 02, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »

You have to admit Killer Klowns had one kick-ass theme song!

Listen to the second one, the first one skips.

And I'd say the worst movie ever is Plan 9 From Outer Space. But I love it!

That it did, that it did. *laughs*

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: November 02, 2009, 10:13:50 pm »
My internet needs to stop being so unstable.  I'm trying to waste time do my French homework, dammit!

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4432 on: November 02, 2009, 10:56:54 pm »
Recent events have pushed me very decidedly to the right on an important issue; namely, marijuana.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the people who use it turn themselves into sniveling cretins and imbeciles. I have no desire to see marijuana legalized in my lifetime. None whatsoever.

No proof that it can hurt you? Are these people freaking stupid? Just because it can be used as medicine in a few cases does not make it safe for everyone else.

And it's not entirely their fault, either. They see Cheech and Chong having mad-cap adventures while smoking peyote and think that doing a bit of pot is a freaking rite of passage. I assure you, neither man was high while on the set. But either way, its treated like some damn milestone to adulthood.

I suppose most of this can be said of alcohol too, except that a majority of people can handle alcohol without killing themselves or ruining their or other people's lives.

Fuck marijuana, and the people that use it. I hope they all go choke on a shared kine bud.

EDIT: Reading it back, I suppose most of this is a very reactionary response. Perhaps in a few days or hours when I cool down things'll be a bit more sensible, but until then...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: November 03, 2009, 12:37:27 am »
For the record, I get less shit-faced on marijuana than on alcohol.

Personally, I find people on weed to be more relaxed, then again, the people I hang out with are responsible enough to take it in small bits to not fuck up their school/work schedules.

It's your opinion, I'm just saying my piece.

On topic: I hate how Heroes sucks major balls, yet FINALLY decides to mention Chrono Trigger. Wow, if you had done that a couple of seasons ago maybe I would have kept watching. (Probably not, considering Arthur Peterli was the worst idea in super villainy "Oh I took your powers and made it mine! Did I forget to mention I'm invincible?")

What a crappy show. I hope Chrono Trigger gets recognition though.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4434 on: November 03, 2009, 01:15:47 am »
Nightmare, I've heard that logic several times before, most recently from a Katt Williams show. I can't speak for it's validity, because I've never smoked pot, nor do I want to. But I'm not going to be a Holy High Crusader and tell you what to do, especially since you seem to have a good grasp on reality.

However, yours might be the exception to the rule. I've seen far too many lives destroyed by cannabis to consider it a "safe drug" or "recreational drug" anymore.

I do respect the maturity with which you replied to me, though, even after I pretty much told you to die. Hehe.  :lol: Sorry.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #4435 on: November 03, 2009, 01:18:52 am »
Recent events have pushed me very decidedly to the right on an important issue; namely, marijuana.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the people who use it turn themselves into sniveling cretins and imbeciles. I have no desire to see marijuana legalized in my lifetime. None whatsoever.

No proof that it can hurt you? Are these people freaking stupid? Just because it can be used as medicine in a few cases does not make it safe for everyone else.

And it's not entirely their fault, either. They see Cheech and Chong having mad-cap adventures while smoking peyote and think that doing a bit of pot is a freaking rite of passage. I assure you, neither man was high while on the set. But either way, its treated like some damn milestone to adulthood.

I suppose most of this can be said of alcohol too, except that a majority of people can handle alcohol without killing themselves or ruining their or other people's lives.

Fuck marijuana, and the people that use it. I hope they all go choke on a shared kine bud.

EDIT: Reading it back, I suppose most of this is a very reactionary response. Perhaps in a few days or hours when I cool down things'll be a bit more sensible, but until then...

After living with pot heads and meeting several more in school this past quarter, I have to completely agree with you. Perhaps marijuana should be legalized through a doctor's prescription, but certainly not completely! I don't want MORE people like those who live downstairs running around!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4437 on: November 03, 2009, 04:44:33 am »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4438 on: November 03, 2009, 05:33:34 am »

Does the fact that it's not safe mean it shouldn't be as legal as say, alcohol?

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: November 03, 2009, 06:16:00 am »
I've smoked before.  Still do from time to time.  Had a few dumb shit goofups as a result. Learned and moved on.  I've seen alcohol totally derail people, can't say the same for pot, but maybe it's just more subtle.  I can't totally defend or praise it.  Like a lot of other things, it has its ups and downs.  There are a lot of fools who smoke a ton, do dumb things and give that negative connotation.  Not that I haven't had a case of the "fuck it's" come on before, but I know what needs to be done and I take care of my responsibilities.  When that distinction isn't made then the problems happen.

For those of you living with smokers right now and hate it, you've got every damn reason to be pissed.  With nothing but smoking going on and no contribution to the home I'd be pissed too.

And I can't stop eating sunflower seeds, so tasty but so salty!