Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478956 times)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3495 on: August 02, 2009, 11:15:47 pm »
http://digg.com/celebrity/Megan_Fox_Rejects_Seth_Rogan_s_Kiss_VID

FUCK these Diggers.
I love the fact if she doesn't kiss him the diggers will scream that she's a bitch and if she does kiss him she's a slut. AND even though she didn't kiss him they call her a slut. Fantastic.

Cheap sarcasm aside, I've always hated this: people consider a woman either a bitch or a slut for her actions, or lack thereof. Do men get labeled as harshly? I dunno. But fuck me sideways, this annoys the shit outta me. Labels, pejoratives, misnomers...I wish we would strive harder to get away from these things.

Yeah, maybe you should mention that in the sexism thread or something. I don't really care about the latest drama of the hollywood starlets. The way I see it anyway, no matter how many tabloids call them sluts or bitches, the number of fans isn't going to fall, it's just going to rise. I call Megan Fox a slut because of the provocative way she always likes to dress. Anyway, she is still considered to be the sexiest American woman, so I almost mean it as a compliment. Hell, most women could only dream of having her looks.

However, I do notice that men aren't judged by these double standards. We don't call men sluts if they sleep around(or at least the tabloids don't), though I guess we do call them assholes or something of that nature.

Stars really don't get my sympathy at all. They are rich and shouldn't give a crap about what the tabloids dig up on them. If I was a star, I would not. They should just be happy that they have millions of fans all over the world, who the hell cares if some haters call them names. It is completely insignificant.

Also, my filling fell out a few months ago and I never even noticed till the hygienist found it. It is a pretty big filling, so I  hope it doesn't break again. Only once in my life has a cavity annoyed me, so I'm glad that it was noticed by the dentist. It had been a little bothersome for about 2 years before the dentist finally noticed it >_>.

I hope I never have to have a root canal!! My bigger problem is my genetic gum problems... I wish I had healthy gums like mom, but I have bad ones like dad which require a lot of work : (.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: August 03, 2009, 01:11:55 am »
How appropriate. I have to visit the dentist tomorrow. One of my wisdom teeth is already halfway dissolved, I have a baby tooth that STILL hasn't fallen out, and I need fillings for about most of my other teeth.

I can see at least one root canal from this.

And I have an inhumanly low pain tolerance.

Please please please let them gas me. I don't want to be awak for this shit... :cry:

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3497 on: August 03, 2009, 02:22:21 am »
Oh man--I sympathize with you Skylark and you too, Fafnir. I went to the dentist for the first time in around a decade a month or two ago (I bitched and moaned about it in this thread) and had my cavities filled and my wisdom teeth pulled two or three weeks ago...It wasn't as terrible as people make it sound. The fillings kinda annoyed me for a week and the pulled teeth were just a chore to clean, but I felt normal shortly afterward. And what exactly makes you think you'll get a root canal? I always thought the pain preceded the canal, but maybe that's not the case.

Oh and I just saw Funny People...I can confirm that Seth Rogen isn't a particularly good actor. Adam Sandler, on the other hand, demolished my expectations.

Current frustration: insane cost of movie tickets and candy. What bullshit.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: August 03, 2009, 02:26:56 am »
I will be frustrated if I can't get the Membership Card from the Nintendo WiFi event, just because I'm using Diamond.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3499 on: August 03, 2009, 03:51:35 am »
How appropriate. I have to visit the dentist tomorrow. One of my wisdom teeth is already halfway dissolved, I have a baby tooth that STILL hasn't fallen out, and I need fillings for about most of my other teeth.

Please please please let them gas me. I don't want to be awak for this shit... :cry:

That's what happens when you don't visit the dentist, unfortunately : (. Sorry to hear about it. I hope they will put you out, too... Also ditto with Mav about the root canal. You need a root canal if your tooth is rotting so you're in a lot of pain before that. They'll probably just take out a couple teeth. Also, cavity fillings do not hurt, so don't worry about that part of it too much.

Are you a redhead? I just read an article about redheads hating the dentist because they discovered they have a bad pain threshold...

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: August 03, 2009, 04:18:33 am »

That's what happens when you don't visit the dentist, unfortunately : (. Sorry to hear about it. I hope they will put you out, too... Also ditto with Mav about the root canal. You need a root canal if your tooth is rotting so you're in a lot of pain before that. They'll probably just take out a couple teeth. Also, cavity fillings do not hurt, so don't worry about that part of it too much.

Are you a redhead? I just read an article about redheads hating the dentist because they discovered they have a bad pain threshold...

Yeah... Getting a root canal isnt the part that hurts...

... the time when you are waiting for your root canal is the time that hurts.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3501 on: August 03, 2009, 01:33:12 pm »
Yeah... Getting a root canal isnt the part that hurts...

... the time when you are waiting for your root canal is the time that hurts.
Indeed. Like I mentioned earlier, it's not the dental work that's gonna bother you (unless your numbing agent or anesthesia don't work, in that case you're given the right to a lifetime of bitchiness), it's the post dental time, the getting used to time, etc. Fillings feel really damn weird, extractions need a bit of attention, and the effect of the root canal probably isn't pleasant: your tooth will have been drilled, filled, and crowned--that isn't even pleasant to type. But don't worry, at the very least they won't do your root canal right then and there, so you'll at least have some time to prepare yourself, but in all honesty, I really doubt you'll need one. My brother had a bunch of achy teeth when he was in his thirties, he had these pains for years, but when he went to the dentist they just said extraction was all that was necessary. In fact, they said cracking and decay are the warning signs of root canals, not just pain.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: August 03, 2009, 05:38:40 pm »

I am not. I am brown-haired. I've just always had a low pain threshold for some reason.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3503 on: August 03, 2009, 05:46:52 pm »

I am not. I am brown-haired. I've just always had a low pain threshold for some reason.

Sucks for us, doesn't it? I never really could understand how so many other kids could tolerate knee scrapes and other painful injuries when I was younger.

I was really happy when Trigun wrote a strong character as having a low pain tolerance:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:48:46 pm by ZeaLitY »

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: August 03, 2009, 05:55:19 pm »
When I was younger, I'd get hurt doing stuff all the time. It was rarely to the point of actual injury, just the regular scrapes, cuts and bruises. Fun stuff.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3505 on: August 03, 2009, 06:13:51 pm »
... :p Don't hate me, but I also read that men have a lower pain tolerance!

I've always had a high pain tolerance. I guess I'm lucky. My problem is that I bruise *very* easily >_> I just got a whole new set of them, actually since my large doggie jumped all over me >_>. At least I've found that hydro therapy works pretty well. Also, in my general experiences, I have also found that for some reason men don't bruise easily.... I really think it has something to do with muscles because I hardly have ever in my life seen a guy with a bruise that wasn't a black eye. It may be anecdotal, though, I don't know, I've only really seen women have bruises... I just know that it really annoys me how easily I bruise. Either I'm a type O blood(very much doubt it), or I am lacking some kinds of vitamins or something : (.

Man, I remember when I had to have 8 teeth yanked when I was 8 years old, I think. It was the most painful thing ever done to me and I never cried out even once. Though it did cause slight trauma that I was only able to get over recently- I was really afraid of getting shots at the dentist. Recently I had a ton of work done and it was the first time they required shots in that time period, but I found that it didn't hurt. I think the teeth-yanking shots hurt more or something, especially if it's on the roof of your mouth -_-. I have never since then gotten teeth yanked unless I was under general anesthetic.

Also, I find it annoying how stores do not cater to tall fat women. Also, I can't shop at the fat womens stores because I'm not fat enough for that! I have read recently that the average size of an american woman is 14-16. Well that's not so great and everything, but why the hell do they not have pants that are long enough for me if I fall within the average size! The longest size of pants they NOW carry are size 12. Yeah freaken right, I haven't been a size 12 since I was 14 years old >_>. Gap used to carry pants in my size that were long, but they don't anymore. I made a complaint and they told me to shop online... yeah and then pay extra for shipping. I just ended up getting mens jeans. They fit and everything, though there is extra space in the crotch area and it looks slightly odd(though I doubt anyone would notice). Though at least with guy pants I don't run into those ones that sit on the hips and always fall off, because I find that also really annoying... Unfortunately, those pants are the ones I look best in XD; So if I want to look nice, I'm constantly pulling up my pants.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3506 on: August 03, 2009, 06:23:19 pm »

I believe that. I think women are more naturally biologically conditioned to tolerate more pain because of the stress child birth has on the body.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3507 on: August 03, 2009, 06:36:04 pm »

I believe that. I think women are more naturally biologically conditioned to tolerate more pain because of the stress child birth has on the body.

Yep, that was the logic in the article that I read, though it was several years ago. I think the general research still shows that women tolerate heat much better than men(this is proven), and also generally tolerate pain better.

Actually I just read another article which said the opposite- this wasn't true and men respond to pain slower than women do so men have a better pain tolerance XD;. I kind of wish there was further research into this because the results weren't so conclusive to me and the only kind of pain they tested was heat and I know for a fact that women handle general heat better than men do. It's why all the Orcs in LOTR were women! LOL XD; Stupid science :p...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:41:30 pm by ZaichikArky »

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: August 03, 2009, 10:27:01 pm »
I will be frustrated if I can't get the Membership Card from the Nintendo WiFi event, just because I'm using Diamond.

It's for Platinum. Sorry mate. :(

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3509 on: August 03, 2009, 10:51:10 pm »

If you want, I can clone and trade you the Darkrai once I'm far enough into the game to use the card.