Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478884 times)

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3300 on: July 08, 2009, 03:26:28 pm »
Not unless you wanna be charged with some BS white collar crime, unfortunately.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: July 08, 2009, 06:58:03 pm »
My work sent me to the wrong class to teach this morning, which wouldn't be too bad if:

1 - This place wasn't 25 miles away
2 - They told me before I got there
3 - I didn't ahve to drive back those 25 miles, only to go another 15 PAST MY HOME
4 - Traffic didn't exist
5 - The kids weren't....um....disinterested?
6 - It didn't set back the rest of my classes for the day
BUT all of those happened.  And the rest of my classes today suffered as a result.  Not really that angry about it now, but man there was 'nary an English word coming out of my mouth this morning.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3302 on: July 08, 2009, 07:10:46 pm »
Zaich, unfortunately it is fairly common for rent to increase every year (even in economic downturns). For example, even though my then-current rent was more than similar apartments in my complex were going for to new renters, my complex wanted to increase my rent by a nominal amount (less than $20 a month). It is unfortunately a nationally owned chain so intelligent thought seldom enters their actions.

I got lucky. New management took over my complex, and they offered discounts for renewing. This month was the first month of me paying less for renting the same apartment.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3303 on: July 08, 2009, 07:17:36 pm »
Shee, what kind of teaching do you do? I was an English teacher in Japan for a year and half. That job left me pretty frustrated sometimes... but it's common in teaching.

Radical Dreamer, it would be nice if that were the case! My rent is CHEAP right now. It really doesn't get any cheaper in my area. Also, I don't have a contract, because it's privately-owned and everything...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: July 08, 2009, 07:30:49 pm »
I work for a third party Science company that hundreds of elementary schools in L.A. and Orange counties hire.  So when a school asks the company for an instructor, they send me or one of the other instructors.  Then I go to that school and do a class, usually an hour, and then on to the next school that day and on and on.  It's fun most of the time because I get to wear a lab coat and act like a lunatic while I teach, but it is SOUL CRUSHING when the kids don't care...and the driving and constant traffic gets old (a nice 105 miles today!  :D).  Plus in summertime there's a lot less work to be had...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3305 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:35 pm »
My old work just sent me my paycheck even though I didn't work at all. Life isn't like Monopoly so I can't keep it, huh.

Maybe you could charge them a finder's fee...Y'know, for finding their negligent error? That's practically like working for them, right? PLAY THE ANGLES, FUCK YEAH~!!

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: July 09, 2009, 05:22:04 pm »
Well, one of the family computers was hacked.

Gotta change a bunch of things....bank stuff....aye. That kind of hacking.

Phishing and such.

So I don't know how long I'll be out, but I'm going to not my computer for a while to make sure everything is safe, if you understand. A week is all I want.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I do hope you understand!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: July 10, 2009, 06:19:35 am »
I am so torn, Adam just passed the first stage of auditions on American Idol. Preforming is his dream n' all and I don't want to impede on it, but that bastard can't keep doing things like this!
And he just got cut, they're reasoning was he sounded too much like Elliott Yamin(I had to look him up, some R&B dude). I kind feel bad for wishing ill upon him.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3308 on: July 12, 2009, 01:21:08 am »
I just watched a documentary about coffee on PBS. Now I'm really in the mood for some coffee, but I don't think i can get any because it's past 9 pm and probably all the coffee shops in the area are closed. I wish I knew of one that was open late... I'd so be there right now.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: July 12, 2009, 01:58:49 am »
I just watched a documentary about coffee on PBS. Now I'm really in the mood for some coffee, but I don't think i can get any because it's past 9 pm and probably all the coffee shops in the area are closed. I wish I knew of one that was open late... I'd so be there right now.

Too bad you don't live in Seattle! Even some of the cafes proper stay open past midnight--especially on Saturday nights--and there's plenty of good coffee to be had at the bars, clubs, and restaurants, too.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3310 on: July 12, 2009, 02:06:47 am »
^ Yeah... I'd love to live in the coffee capital of the US >_>.  I'm sure there is SOME coffee shop open till 11 out here, but I don't know of it : (. I only know the Asian milk tea place is open till midnight, but I'm not sure if I'm gunna go there...

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: July 12, 2009, 03:06:45 am »
I'm frustrated that I'm f'n tired all the time. Between working full time at one job, part time at another, then with a new puppy + girlfriend time to juggle I crash at ten o' clock like a friggin' 70 year old. I haven't hung out with my friends in several weeks. I haven't even had time to get on the intranets very much. Yeah, I'm lame.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: July 12, 2009, 03:09:57 am »
Not sure if this fits with here, but I'll post anyway.

My dad's having me throw things out of my room. It makes me feel upset and sad, especially when he quickly labels things as "garbage".

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3313 on: July 12, 2009, 04:05:32 am »
I got a milk tea, but I really wanted a coffee >_>

Chrono Eric, maybe quit the part time one? Do you really need both jobs? Sounds stressful...

Vehek, yeah my mom's kind of like that... but she likes to throw out my stuff herself! I don't live with her anymore, but I found that really annoying. I live with my dad now and he always complains about something when going into my room, but never throws anything away and anyway... I don't have so much junk here...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: July 12, 2009, 09:39:30 am »
My Internet connection has been really unreliable in the past couple of days. I've had to powercycle the modem maybe half a dozen times (usually it can go weeks or months without needing it), and I just ran a speed test and learned that my upload speed is off by a third, and my download speed is what my upload speed should be (i.e., off its normal rate by about 70 percent).

I have no idea what's up. Maybe it's the thunderstorms that are passing through the area. Maybe there's something wrong with Qwest's lines or equipment in my immediate vicinity. Maybe my power strip is going bad. Maybe my modem is corrupted or wearing out. Maybe the Internets are braekking!!

It could be anything, but whatever it is I am not pleased. >=(