Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478781 times)

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3210 on: June 29, 2009, 01:54:52 pm »
Actually, it's kind horrible. Because I want to make more things, but I can't now. GAH! My creativity is being hindered by mere computer software!

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3211 on: June 29, 2009, 02:47:33 pm »
I've got writer's block something horrible, heh.

That's probably why I've been here most of the day today(besides the obvious luxuries that come with it, I mean). Can't seem to get motivated enough to write.

Plus I found my old Chrono Cross disc after three or so years and can't start a new playthrough because I got rid of my old PS1 Memory Card. Apparently it can't save on the PS2 Memory Cards, which is ridiculous.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: June 29, 2009, 04:07:59 pm »
Well, with help from the EA support team, I managed to get the game installed again. Now it's just not letting my play it.

But they are talking with me now to see what they can do.

Oh! And I have a dentist's appointment tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:15:57 pm by Temporal Knight »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: June 29, 2009, 05:27:23 pm »
Technology.

People think I'm a computer nerd, but I'm really not. Which can lead to dashed expectations.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: June 29, 2009, 05:32:07 pm »
I have the same problem. I mean, I can do many many many amazing things on these machines, but I'm not an expert at technical support unless it's something minor.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3215 on: June 29, 2009, 07:03:13 pm »
Tea got on my laptop's keyboard, now none of the keys work. It has to sit out and dry for a couple days now, and even then it might not work, and I'll have to get a new keyboard off ebay. What's even worse is I had just gotten it back from IT from having it reformatted a couple days ago, now it's back to sucky slow computer for me.
Between this, losing photoshop, and the trojans and recent reformatting, my poor computer just can't catch a break.
I'm officially depressed now.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: June 29, 2009, 07:44:24 pm »
It was either yesterday or the day before it got up to 99 degrees and has gone down not very much.  At least it's a bit more comfortable at night...outside.  Inside it's really hot at least for trying to sleep.  And whenever I open up my window the stupid dog that my neighbours have starts barking like crazy.  that thing makes it hard enough to sleep with it closed, but almost impossible when it's open.  That thing kept me awake for like 3 to 4 hours one night.  *Sigh*
So my frustration you ask...Hot weather and dogs.  But it's even more annoying knowing it will probably get even hotter further in the Summer. 

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3217 on: June 29, 2009, 08:56:30 pm »
Read Zephira's last post, only think teaflower and have yourself a mighty good laugh! :lol:

Hmmm...current frustration...uh...I have this terrible thing where if I have too many games to choose from I never know which to focus on and often decide on none or some mindless playing (shmups mostly)...speaking of which, Aero Fighters, for SNES...it's near impossible for me to use the alt ships (player 2 only)...I have to take out my player 1 config, config player 2 controls first...Then undo it after I'm done or want to use the player 1 ships...V_V

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3218 on: June 29, 2009, 09:01:07 pm »
Read Zephira's last post, only think teaflower and have yourself a mighty good laugh! :lol:

Yeah, I read it the same way XD. Actually I read it too fast and thought that Zeph gave Tea her keyboard and somehow the keyboard broke XD. Then I had to re-read it.

Just pick up another keyboard, they're only like 10 dollars. Sorry yours got fried, though!

I have a lot of frustrations right now, but it's mostly perl. I worry that by the time dad gets home, I will be no further in my program because I'm not really sure how this while loop is supposed to turn out...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: June 29, 2009, 09:03:17 pm »
Quote from: Zephira
Tea got on my laptop's keyboard, now none of the keys work. It has to sit out and dry for a couple days now, and even then it might not work, and I'll have to get a new keyboard off ebay.
Patience is a virtue -- let it sit out overnight, upside down over an air register or something, and it will hopefully work itself out. While doing some campaign work in '08 my cell phone (the one the campaign was paying for, and the one my boss used to check on me constantly) fell into a freaking pool of muddy water in a crappy parking lot, and the damned thing came back to life after I exposed the circuitboard to air overnight. A little tea can't possibly stop a circuitboard for long!

That is my belief. At least for now.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: June 29, 2009, 10:08:47 pm »
Frustration: Renting houses in Denton. I've looked at countless ones so far and they are either A) all ugly B) in a bad neighborhood C) rediculously expensive to rent or D) all of the above. Lame.

Actually, that's not true; like myself, Michael Jackson had lupus.

Hmmm Jackson had lupus? I had no idea. I guess his purported extracurricular kiddo-activities got more publicity than his health in recent years.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: June 30, 2009, 12:14:03 am »
I can't believe I didn't think of that!  ROFL!

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: June 30, 2009, 12:51:00 am »
It's kind of sad that this is, by far, the most popular and posted in topic on the entire message board.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: June 30, 2009, 12:58:17 am »
Because frustration is a good thing to vent out and easily spoken about?

Gah, my computer was harassed by trojan viruses today when I was downloading music. Luckily I caught them in time.

And SPORE still won't work. I even had conversations with the EA Support Team over the phone, twice! All they did was get it reinstalled, but it still didn't fix the fact that I cannot play it. I'm still awaiting an alleged E-mail telling me what to do.

*thinks*

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: June 30, 2009, 11:10:20 am »
Committee meetings. I suspect that all evil in the world can be traced back to a committee meeting.