Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472930 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3195 on: June 27, 2009, 05:23:03 pm »
He died of a drug induced heart attack, so my sympathy is lacking compared to many others.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: June 27, 2009, 09:03:32 pm »
He died of a drug induced heart attack, so my sympathy is lacking compared to many others.

So if you get hit by a drunk driver in a car, someone can say "oh yeah he was in a car accident that had something to do with alcohol, so fuck him." ?

He may have died from a drug induced heart attackcardiac arrest, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was taking drugs recreationally, or even willingly. His doctor is getting questioned over and over and over again by cops even though they took his statement already. They think it sounds like foul play.

Conclusions are not for jumping.

Edited for accuracy. Thanks Zelbess.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:59:20 pm by Mr Bekkler »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:40 pm »
I totally called the drug thing. The second I heard Michael Jackson died of a heart attack, I go - "had to be drugs". There's no way that a 50 something year old dude that gets on stage and dances for a living and that has had eighteen bajillion plastic surgeries would have a pre-existing heart condition. And every other cause is so unlikely. Plus, I mean, there's all that sprinting after kiddos to keep him in shape - badaching!

Seriously, though, Fawcett totally got shafted in the news. I didn't even know she died because of the Jackson coverage. I guess that's probably a good thing for her family though.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: June 27, 2009, 10:55:19 pm »
Seriously, though, Fawcett totally got shafted in the news. I didn't even know she died because of the Jackson coverage. I guess that's probably a good thing for her family though.

I found out before I heard about Jackson. But that's a very good point.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: June 28, 2009, 12:44:27 am »
What really frustrated me is this dude  http://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmlai  Doesn't want to admit that SquareSoft hates Chrono Trigger so much because they are into cash cow games.

I don't think reasoning will work as my comments showed.   

On YouTube my username is HeatBlizzard for anybody who wises to reply to me on any Chrono Trigger videos.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3200 on: June 28, 2009, 01:09:13 am »
What makes you think they hate Chrono Trigger without citing anything spurred by their legal departments overseas (overseas from their actual company that is)? They re-released it twice already on 3 separate platforms over 15 years and it has two sequels...That's more than you can say for some games...

Zelbess

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: June 28, 2009, 08:09:39 am »
There's no way that a 50 something year old dude that gets on stage and dances for a living and that has had eighteen bajillion plastic surgeries would have a pre-existing heart condition.
Actually, that's not true; like myself, Michael Jackson had lupus. In older lupus patients, the risk of heart attack and cardiovascular issues is quite high. You can read more about it here. Also worth mentioning, Jackson's health has been in shambles for awhile, and there are a lot of documented accounts of people involved in his O2 rehearsals commenting on how sick and listless he seemed. He even canceled a few performance dates awhile back because of his health issues. Jackson tended to remain very private about the status of his health, so I'm sure there was a lot going on that we, the public, didn't know about. :(

Quote from: Mr. Bekkler
He may have died from a drug induced heart attack, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was taking drugs recreationally, or even willingly. His doctor is getting questioned over and over and over again by cops even though they took his statement already. They think it sounds like foul play.
One distinction to make here. :) Michael Jackson was in cardiac arrest, which differs from a heart attack. A heart attack is usually related to a circulatory problem, like clogged arteries, which blocks the supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart; a cardiac arrest is caused from an electrical issue within the heart (ventricular fibrillation). Cardiac arrest tends to be more fatal, unfortunately. :( There's a really good explanation of it here. The doctor in the video explains it a thousand times better than I ever could! Last I read on the case, the police said they don't consider Dr. Murray, MJ's personal physician, a suspect in any way. They say he's been cooperating with police and answering their questions. It's all up to toxicology reports now... they know he had a Demerol injection shortly before he died, which is known to cause cardiac arrest, so that very well could be the cause! I just hope his family finds the answers they need.

I think Jackson's death is getting more notoriety for a few reasons: first of all, Jackson has had a large, world-wide cultural impact, while Farrah's influence is quite a bit smaller. Secondly, the mystery surrounding Jackson's death and the investigation going on currently will give it more press. Fortunately, Farrah cause of death was completely known when she passed. Thirdly, a lot of things are up in the air because of the sudden nature of Jackson's death, like the custody of his children and his debts. Both deaths were extremely tragic and very, very sad, but I can see why Michael is getting more publicity.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:21:48 am by Zelbess »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3202 on: June 28, 2009, 06:24:04 pm »

So if you get hit by a drunk driver in a car, someone can say "oh yeah he was in a car accident that had something to do with alcohol, so fuck him." ?

He may have died from a drug induced heart attack, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was taking drugs recreationally, or even willingly. His doctor is getting questioned over and over and over again by cops even though they took his statement already. They think it sounds like foul play.

Not analogous. If he took the drugs voluntarily, it's apples and oranges. If someone voluntarily got drunk and then drove, crashed, and died, then yes, fuck them.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: June 28, 2009, 08:01:50 pm »

Not analogous. If he took the drugs voluntarily, it's apples and oranges. If someone voluntarily got drunk and then drove, crashed, and died, then yes, fuck them.

"A car accident that involves alcohol" could also be describing the person who was hit by the drunk driver. My point was that the fact that drugs were involved doesn't explicitly imply deviant behavior.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: June 29, 2009, 12:14:25 am »
*steams out of his ears*

My SPORE game stopped working. A 1004 error.

And after that, I've tried reinstalling it multiple times.

Now it won't let me! As soon as I type in the code on the back of the manual, it stops the installation dialogue boxes and takes them off the screen!

Gah! I wonder if it is the disk or my computer. Funny after four days that the game would stop like that. Though, I did have the same issue (minus the stopping of the installation) before I got it working...

*frustration*

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: June 29, 2009, 12:37:31 am »
Ya kinda like the red drum in guitar hero world tour dies after like six hours of playing. one of the sensor's wires comes loose. on almost every drumset! just google "red drum problem" and you'll see.

the fact is, shit breaks sometimes. keep your receipts!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3206 on: June 29, 2009, 12:45:59 am »
*steams out of his ears*

And after that, I've tried reinstalling it multiple times.

Now it won't let me! As soon as I type in the code on the back of the manual, it stops the installation dialogue boxes and takes them off the screen!

Gah! I wonder if it is the disk or my computer. Funny after four days that the game would stop like that. Though, I did have the same issue (minus the stopping of the installation) before I got it working...

*frustration*

Download and install through the EA download manager. I had to wipe my hard drive recently and I lost all my save files, and I can't find my discs, but I was still able to redownload it. Took about a half hour. You can get the download manager on their site, and if you have the game registered under your email and Spore account, you should be able to download a digital copy. Good luck!

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: June 29, 2009, 12:58:29 am »
That's a good idea. I might try that. Thank you for the advice, Zephira.

It won't let me use the activation code now! And it uninstalled!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:08:54 am by Temporal Knight »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #3208 on: June 29, 2009, 01:42:25 am »
T.K., I had the Same problem with the Activation Code. I still haven't fixed it.

On Jackson's death...

Micheal Jackson=Billy Mays?

They're both dead....

DUNH DUN DUUUUUUUUUH!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: June 29, 2009, 10:32:16 am »

On the plus side, your computer could, in theory, run Spore. Mine unfortunately cannot, so I have been denied that sweet nectar entirely.

Ti's better to have played and lost than to have never played at all.