Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472913 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3060 on: June 20, 2009, 06:37:05 pm »
Ugh. I stayed up all night to work on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Adventures_of_Jonny_Quest, and now I feel pretty terrible. But I got a lot of work done.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: June 20, 2009, 06:48:52 pm »
Damn that's pretty extensive.  Never was much of a Quest guy but I do remember that show coming out.  The intro was pretty damn sweet if I recall correctly, with the green lights and they shaped the outline of a ravine or something like that.  The music was also damn good in that intro.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: June 20, 2009, 07:02:11 pm »
Wow, I know...way more about Johnny Quest than I would have had you not written that. Fascinating bit about the hubbub over the inclusion of a female main character.

I'm pissed at Iran's Ayatollah for at the very least sanctioning his people's subjection to things that induce bleeding, and I hope Rafsanjani boots him per the constitutional fine print they theoretically have over there.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3063 on: June 20, 2009, 08:10:30 pm »
Ugh. I stayed up all night to work on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Adventures_of_Jonny_Quest, and now I feel pretty terrible. But I got a lot of work done.
Sweet, this is an article I've been waiting for. The Real Adventures was such a great show...Bbeautiful uses of art and graphics, as well as fantastic stories...Your effort won't go without thanks, Zeality.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: June 20, 2009, 10:59:52 pm »
I am VERY pissed that some how one of my post's was deleted, which almost ruined everything.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: June 21, 2009, 07:58:17 pm »
I am VERY pissed that some how one of my post's was deleted, which almost ruined everything.
Is that why you're back to Kebrel?

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: June 21, 2009, 08:09:30 pm »
Is that why you're back to Kebrel?

Nah, it messed up his post count of 1337 on that account.

When he reached that number, he made a new account to immortalize it.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3067 on: June 22, 2009, 07:12:12 am »

Good job Z! You're so good at using proper references! The article turned out to be very detailed and informative. I'm sure you're an ACE at writing academic papers. I could learn a thing or two from you lol. I can never seem to get my references right.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3068 on: June 22, 2009, 07:15:47 am »
I lost to the fifth member of the "elite 4" in platinum cause I forgot that these pokemon games have an extra boss to beat. And I lost cause I didn't bring enough healing items with me! I guess that was annoying, but the battles just leveled up my Gyrados and Giratina so I should be unstoppable next time.

Over the last week, pokemon has completely consumed my life! I spend up to 10 hours or even more a day on it... but after I beat the elite 4, I won't really be playing at all cause I don't want to complete my pokedex. Doing that was great when there were 150 pokemon, but now that there are 500, it's too much XD.

What will I do without pokemon! I guess I could find something more productive to do with my time XD.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: June 22, 2009, 04:11:11 pm »
I lost to the fifth member of the "elite 4" in platinum cause I forgot that these pokemon games have an extra boss to beat. And I lost cause I didn't bring enough healing items with me! I guess that was annoying, but the battles just leveled up my Gyrados and Giratina so I should be unstoppable next time.

Over the last week, pokemon has completely consumed my life! I spend up to 10 hours or even more a day on it... but after I beat the elite 4, I won't really be playing at all cause I don't want to complete my pokedex. Doing that was great when there were 150 pokemon, but now that there are 500, it's too much XD.

What will I do without pokemon! I guess I could find something more productive to do with my time XD.

I can't beat Cyrus in the Giratina world. ;___;

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3070 on: June 22, 2009, 05:46:11 pm »
The Elite Four and Cynthia are significantly harder to beat in Platinum, I found.

TRAIN UP TRAIN UP

Have your party at lv45-50 and you'll be fine.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3071 on: June 22, 2009, 06:49:32 pm »
Yeah, that whole world of distortion sucks so much. there is no way to level up your pokemon, and if you're stupid like me, you brought a bunch of shitty pokemon into there thinking there would be a way to level them up... then you're stuck  jumping around rocks for half an hour before Cyrus completely kicks your ass. I had to go in there a second time and then I barely managed to beat him (mainly cause I used a ton of items)

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: June 23, 2009, 01:04:08 am »
The Elite Four and Cynthia are significantly harder to beat in Platinum, I found.

TRAIN UP TRAIN UP

Have your party at lv45-50 and you'll be fine.

They are.

;______________________________________;

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3073 on: June 23, 2009, 01:47:18 am »
Ok, then don't bring crappy pokemon. lol. Mine were around that level too, and I had crappy pokemon with me.

Bring a ton of hyper potions and you should be fine.

Giratina is a bitch to catch, btw. I went through about 8 ultraballs(and then 5 or maybe more other random pokeballs). What worked for me, the down b trick... lol. No one even knows if it's fake or not, but I swear by it XD. Also, make sure to put it to sleep.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3074 on: June 23, 2009, 01:50:38 am »
Only 8 ultra balls? Lucky. In Silver, it took around 30 ultra balls and 50 great balls, until a pokeball and down b (yes I do that too) caught it. On a low battery, too!

Frustration: My laptop is at the computer doctor. I think he might have to wipe the drive. And I just got new RAM, too... wonderful timing.