Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 479852 times)

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2970 on: May 30, 2009, 09:34:59 pm »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-30/funimation-cancels-one-piece-simulcast

Toei and Funimation had worked on an arrangement where Funimation would web broadcast a sub of the newest episode of One Piece at the very same time it was first aired in Japan, but what would have been a breakthrough event is now cancelled thanks to one dipshit I hope has a very fatal accident in the near future as his just rewards. Knowing that episode would be coming up, he managed to hack Funimation's serves and extract the episode by force. Because the episode became available online - thanks to Captain Dipshit - before it even aired in Japan, the deal is now over (and it will probably be extremely unlikely to see something like this ever attempted again for a very long time).

TO CAPTAIN DIPSHIT: Do the entire world a favor by putting the barrel of a loaded gun in your mouth and then pulling the trigger over and over until you are no longer able to do so.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: May 30, 2009, 09:44:46 pm »
Ugh. People are stupid. Can't they just wait? Hopefully this will teach the general populous that hacking servers aren't wise. Maybe they'll try it again. Maybe not.

Ugh why does it have to be hot? It's like I can't breath it's so hot... I prefer the cold to this.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2972 on: May 31, 2009, 02:31:43 am »
Oh dear, Eric... I'm glad you're safe! It could have been a lot worse, so at least you know that just your car didn't survive this accident...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2973 on: May 31, 2009, 01:31:00 pm »
current flustration@anxiety and irrational fear - Apparently even when my own health (and not just the emotional kind, but the hard knocks of life physical kind!) is possibly on the line, they can both still stop me dead in my tracks...STUPID BRAIN, STOP BEING STUPID~!!!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: May 31, 2009, 06:08:21 pm »
Holy cow, glad to hear you made it out of that one chrono eric.

Thanks man, it was definitely a close call for sure. I feel like shit but at least I'm alive and not severely hurt. The vicodin they gave me works wonders though.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: June 01, 2009, 02:00:56 pm »
Eric, I'm glad you're alive and hope you're okay.

I lost my job a couple days ago. My boss came in and said to the guy I was working with and I that we were her best employees and the night before showed record sales. She then proceeded to ask how we were doing. We said we were fine, but had customers staying in the restaurant past close and we had to wait for them to start closing. I suggested having three people on staff, so we could actually get work done while one of the two usuals were on a delivery. Also it would help us close faster.

Then she started asking what I meant by that, and I told her I meant what I said. Then she told me to get the fuck out, because she didn't like my attitude. I asked why does she think I have an attitude, then she started yelling at the guy I was working with. She accused us of foul play and we denied, and she screamed at the top of her lungs "I'M THE FUCKING OWNER AAAAUUUGGGHHH!" and she actually made that sound. For the record, she's not the owner. She's married to the owner's son. That's one divorce away from having nothing to do with the place. But whatever. The other guy and I both got fired.

I was gonna quit, and she saved me the trouble. I was just going to wait till I had another job lined up.

What gets me is what she said right when she showed up, and the day before she was crying asking if I thought she was a bad manager. I think she needs help. But she's not gonna get it from me. Fucking two-faced, unstable bitch. I feel sorry for the other employees. The guy I was working with and I covered 70 hours on the schedule. We each literally had more hours than any other two workers combined. There are two brand new people who haven't been trained, and one girl who's been there a month, and one who's been there a year. They're fucked, and they'll never have a day off again.

Now to find a job.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: June 01, 2009, 03:16:31 pm »

I lost my job a couple days ago. My boss came in and said to the guy I was working with and I that we were her best employees and the night before showed record sales. She then proceeded to ask how we were doing. We said we were fine, but had customers staying in the restaurant past close and we had to wait for them to start closing. I suggested having three people on staff, so we could actually get work done while one of the two usuals were on a delivery. Also it would help us close faster.

Then she started asking what I meant by that, and I told her I meant what I said. Then she told me to get the fuck out, because she didn't like my attitude. I asked why does she think I have an attitude, then she started yelling at the guy I was working with. She accused us of foul play and we denied, and she screamed at the top of her lungs "I'M THE FUCKING OWNER AAAAUUUGGGHHH!" and she actually made that sound. For the record, she's not the owner. She's married to the owner's son. That's one divorce away from having nothing to do with the place. But whatever. The other guy and I both got fired.

I was gonna quit, and she saved me the trouble. I was just going to wait till I had another job lined up.

What gets me is what she said right when she showed up, and the day before she was crying asking if I thought she was a bad manager. I think she needs help. But she's not gonna get it from me. Fucking two-faced, unstable bitch. I feel sorry for the other employees. The guy I was working with and I covered 70 hours on the schedule. We each literally had more hours than any other two workers combined. There are two brand new people who haven't been trained, and one girl who's been there a month, and one who's been there a year. They're fucked, and they'll never have a day off again.

Now to find a job.

Don't be hatin' she sounds pregnant.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: June 01, 2009, 04:15:16 pm »
She's not, but she does have a history of cocaine use, so I'm thinking she's clinically depressed or maybe manic depressive. Or she's on teh drugz.

I'm much better off away, but I'm still gonna complain about it.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: June 01, 2009, 04:57:48 pm »

Thanks man. That's a bummer though about your job. I guess you don't want it anymore, but can't you petition her husband for your job temporarily at least, citing that you're a good employee, until you have another job lined up? I mean all you did was speak your mind.

Oh, and I thought this was funny so I'll share. Apparently the kid that hit me, his name was - dun dun duuunn:

Jesus dejesus.

I laughed so fucking hard I swear that just completely made my otherwise depressing week right there.

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
  • beauty lies in the eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: June 01, 2009, 10:25:49 pm »
Jesus dejesus.

His parents certainly have an odd sense of humor...

Well, my last day of school is tomorrow (at long last), but the world decided that I could not enjoy it at its fullest so it's given me a runny nose... damn

And now I've gotta decide what to do with my life... frustrating (should it be frustrating?)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: June 02, 2009, 04:54:02 am »
Jesus Dejesus, thank goodness I was sitting when I saw that.  Glad to hear you're gonna be ok, Eric.  Take it easy with them painkillers  8)

Just watched Conan (which was great) and then got the ol' red ring on the Xbox.  Had it for a year.  Lames Bond.  No new work yet.  It'll come.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: June 02, 2009, 10:31:49 am »
A mild frustration is that I am leaving for Washington DC on Friday. Our tickets for a White House Tour still haven't arrived. When we put the request in with out senater the wait was three months, as we were a little over three months out. Then the next week the wait for tickets increased to six months. Almost like a more-popular president took up residence there... But the end result is that even though we followed the guidelines, we probably wont get to see the White House. Totally understandable, but still annoying.

But I think that the root of our differing opinions is that I witness daily the results of not keeping up with preventative medical treatment, and often those results are a long and painful death compared to the quick and painless euthanasia that occurs at shelters.

Possibly, but we are talking about a very unusual set of circumstances. Good family taking care of a pet responsibly falls on hard enough times that they are unable to provide preventative treatments but are still capable of providing necessary resources to the animal (such as food and shelter). Also, considering that a family that was financially stable in the past has a decent chance of being financially stable again (particularly when compared against a family that was financially unstable to begin with), there is a respectable potential that the lapse in preventative treatment will be temporary.

Also, glad to hear you are okay.

Jesus dejesus.

That is so totally the sort of name I'd give my child. Lucky for any potential children, my wife has veto power over names. And she's had to use it excessively for my various name suggestions so far (okay, so 6th and 7th century names probably aren't the best for modern times).

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: June 02, 2009, 10:39:10 am »
Thanks man. That's a bummer though about your job. I guess you don't want it anymore, but can't you petition her husband for your job temporarily at least, citing that you're a good employee, until you have another job lined up? I mean all you did was speak your mind.
Well, incidentally the one application I turned in before getting the can was to a hotel (a field with which I have over seven years experience) whose General Manager knows my stepmother from another hotel job, and basically I'm getting hired. I try not to worry too much about these types of things and then they just seem to work out.

Plus I'm never going back to that shitty little restaurant. I was only working there cause I could have an easy, low hours, low stress (if i only knew then!) job while I'm in college for the third time. It's time for something new.

Jesus dejesus.

I laughed so fucking hard I swear that just completely made my otherwise depressing week right there.

That is fantastic! I almost busted out in class just now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:49:13 am by Mr Bekkler »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: June 03, 2009, 02:13:20 am »
I just sneezed, and in doing so slammed my head in to a bed post. God damn that's going to bruise up, meanwhile my friend is just cracking up at my pain.

EDIT: Were now at 200 page of $%*! frustration

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: June 03, 2009, 02:39:44 am »
I only see 199.  :shock:

You know what that means.

(It means I'm the first to get on page 200, for those that didn't get it.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:44:54 pm by Mr Bekkler »