Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472900 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2805 on: May 01, 2009, 07:14:15 am »
It's useless because those stupid internet people are too stupid to be bothering with explaining anything to anyways.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: May 01, 2009, 12:30:50 pm »
Once in a while something gets through.  :)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2807 on: May 01, 2009, 02:10:05 pm »
MY personal basis for this is:

If a dog and a random stranger, neither of which I knew, were balanced on opposite ends of a beam suspended over shark and crocodile infested sulfuric acid, and if i save one the beam would unbalance thusly dumping the other one into said shark and crocodile infested sulfuric acid, I would probably save the random stranger.

...but thats just my basis. he still has to explain his.

Oh, and yes, sharks and crocodiles are awesome enough to live in sulfuric acid, I know =D

That is your conclusion. Not your basis. Try again.

nope. my conclusion is that I prefer human life over animal life.
my basis is the example that I made.

So am I to understand it that the reason you think human life is more valuable than other animal life is that you personally would be more likely to save the life of an arbitrary human at the expense of the life of another arbitrary animal than the other way around?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: May 01, 2009, 02:46:28 pm »
HDMI has shitty sound quality.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: May 01, 2009, 04:05:28 pm »
Someone came into my room this morning at 3 in the morning and turned on the light. And apparently turned off my alarm clock. Thank goodness I can wake up at 6:03 without it...

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: May 02, 2009, 02:50:49 pm »
Also kind of related, the president of the US gets an entire armed force to watch his back anywhere he goes, and they get to call themselves the "Secret Service". What does the average american get for protection? Nothing except the legal right to own a weapon for self-defense and an emergency phone number to tell cops to stroll by when they feel like it. I dunno, inequality pisses me off.

One thing that really chaps my ass is that if the alleged president gets his way, we won't have the right to own, let alone carry, a firearm.

teaflower - are you sure it wasn't you that did it? On a fairly regular basis, I used to turn the light on by my bed and turn off my alarm and not realize it...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:52:37 pm by RedNeckJiuJitsu »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: May 02, 2009, 04:15:12 pm »
Unless I developed telekinesis and turned on the big light (that I never turn on), stepped on something crunchy, turned off the alarm, then turned off the light after I yelled 'TURN THAT FUCKING LIGHT OFF', it wasn't me.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: May 02, 2009, 04:19:18 pm »
Unless I developed telekinesis and turned on the big light (that I never turn on), stepped on something crunchy, turned off the alarm, then turned off the light after I yelled 'TURN THAT FUCKING LIGHT OFF', it wasn't me.

You know, theres people who can help fix problems like that...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2813 on: May 02, 2009, 05:58:40 pm »
HDMI has shitty sound quality.

If you can even get it to transfer the audio to where you want it. HDMI devices refuse to play nice with the optical out on the television, and my receiver only has one HDMI in. Fuck HDCP.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: May 02, 2009, 06:21:51 pm »

You know, theres people who can help fix problems like that...

Who you gunna call?!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: May 02, 2009, 08:32:21 pm »
Frustration: Last post-game dungeon in star ocean 4. I'm beginning to find that it is god damned annoying. 20 levels that are randomly generated, with no save points, and unbelievably difficult bosses in some places. But to get the really valuable weapons/armor just to easily beat those bosses in the first place requires you going even further down - and if you get game over you have to start all the way over from the beginning with everything lost.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: May 02, 2009, 08:38:00 pm »
Frustration: Last post-game dungeon in star ocean 4. I'm beginning to find that it is god damned annoying. 20 levels that are randomly generated, with no save points, and unbelievably difficult bosses in some places. But to get the really valuable weapons/armor just to easily beat those bosses in the first place requires you going even further down - and if you get game over you have to start all the way over from the beginning with everything lost.

Ehrgeiz had a similar problem. When a character died, all the items and weapons they had just dropped on the level they were on, and the other character could collect them by reaching that far.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: May 03, 2009, 09:59:28 am »
So my mom and brother went to a church auction yesterday. They came home with this clock. It came in a mostly blue box with a white clock on the front that had blue trim. I thought, 'Oh, cool! A clock for my room!' I take it upstairs and open the box to try and figure it out. First thing I notice is that it's not white with blue trim. It's black with that weird creamish trim you see in 60's stuff. I think, 'Okay, not what I was expecting, but still cool.' I take it out and see if there's a sheet of instructions with it, because it's a CHURCH auction and most stuff at church auctions are crap. Fortunately, there is instructions.

I didn't read them. I just started figuring out the clock.

I take off the back and see that there are 3 battery openings. They look slim and long. I figure that they fit AAAs. So I went downstairs and got 3 AAA batteries. I pop them in and then I see there's a fourth hole. So back I go for the 4th AAA. I pop them all in and see that I didn't take into account that the holes are LONG. AAAs are not long enough. So I look in the instruction sheet and it said I needed SUM-3 batteries. I growled and decided to decipher how to make it record messages, because it plays a voice recording when the alarm goes off. You apparently need a microtape.

... a whatenwho?

I'm sure we have those in the house, but... I keep forgetting that this thing has that weird 60's cream color... so... yeah. I have a clock here that may or may not work, a need for four SUM-3 batteries (that you probably can't pick up at the local WallMart), four AAA batteries, and a rather upset self, who wants to wake up to the sound of Grimmjow laughing like a madman.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2818 on: May 03, 2009, 10:29:10 am »
Seems like a better way would just be to find a alarm app or some such for your computer than try to figure out dated tech...>_>

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: May 03, 2009, 11:13:58 am »
Yes, but that would require leaving my computer on at night. It's a LOUD computer. I can't sleep with it on. I still have another clock in here, but I want to get this one working. My mom has gone off to church with the instruction sheet and will look into the mysterious SUM-3 battery. I, meanwhile, will poke at this thing and try and make the AAAs fit.