Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 479080 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1155 on: January 15, 2009, 06:17:56 pm »
4chan is tolerable, there pretty much the scum for the most part. /b/ is a section in 4chan dubbed "random" if they were to vanish then 4chan would be just a 18+ image board, not a homegrown cyber terrorist cell.

I don't care...the rules are occasional funny but mostly just fucking retarded.

Annoying me right now, my replacement class is on globalization, and we (by we I mean the class and I was just :picardno ) spent the whole 110minutes talking about money is a useless and evil trade, to the ideal society being "tribal based villages", praising Obama as the second coming he's a fine president I just preferred McCain but people please, and then gun laws and bashing on the NRA.  

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1156 on: January 15, 2009, 06:18:59 pm »
... /b/? Educate me, please. I'm unfamiliar with 4chan's savagery.

/b is 4chan's Random board. It has no rules other then a ban on blatently illegal content (which still shows up occassionally) and many of the funny/irritating 4chan memes came from there.

And to Placidchap, Shadow can't reply with a PM. With the Fail ranking he has he cannot send PM's, only recieve them (and he's limited to 3 recieved ones if I remember correctly).

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 15, 2009, 06:19:59 pm »
I can't do that, Chap.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 15, 2009, 06:20:12 pm »
Don't think he can send PMs, but at least I tried.

Well, let's keep a /b out of here, eh? That sounds NOT fun. Like most of Gaia, except multiplied by the square root of infinity.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 15, 2009, 06:28:28 pm »
/b is 4chan's Random board. It has no rules other then a ban on blatently illegal content (which still shows up occassionally) and many of the funny/irritating 4chan memes came from there.

I am Batman and Zerg is Robin.

:picardno

I feel dirty.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:03:03 pm by FaustWolf »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 15, 2009, 06:33:53 pm »

I am Batman and Zerg is Robin.

:picardno

I feel dirty.

This is exactly why you still have your FAIL rank.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:03:16 pm by FaustWolf »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 15, 2009, 06:43:42 pm »
No, I felt dirty b/c I'd get pissed whenever someone cited Rules 1 and 2, and now here I am doing the same damn thing...

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 15, 2009, 06:46:50 pm »
I think he was just talking about that post in general, Shad.

Current gripe is I suddenly feel like I'm going to barf. Fun, eh?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 15, 2009, 06:50:04 pm »
You will observe that I've censored that image, Shadow. I find your unfortunate homophobia disturbing, not because of a single post, but rather a theme that has run through several of your posts. Please take it elsewhere; a man who's confident in his own skin shouldn't feel the need to prove his heterosexuality through bigoted epithets.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 15, 2009, 06:56:43 pm »
Oh, I didn't mean it word-for-word, Faust. It was just an image of someone (in this case Batman) citing Rules 1 and 2. TBH, I'm not a homophobe. I mean, one of the girls I know is a lesbian, and she and I are good friends.

Black-barring or editing it to use a less offensive name would have been much appreciated.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 15, 2009, 07:03:10 pm »
Yes you're only homophobic when they try to hit on you.  :?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 15, 2009, 07:10:40 pm »
Shadow, I re-edited the image so it would still hold its original meaning. My apologies for snapping at you, but that word and the "N" word produce strong reactions from me, and probably from a lot of Compendium folks.

Quote from: Chrono Eric
Yes you're only homophobic when they try to hit on you.
It's a common reaction, and I don't really blame Shadow for it -- I was like that in my youth too, but then found out gays were a-okay when I learned Gandalf was gay. I.e., Sir Ian McKellan. I had the hugest amount of respect for him after his brilliant performance in Lord of the Rings, and when I felt the compulsion to let his homosexuality change my view of him, I realized how ridiculous it was. I think it's actually an incredibly important social function for celebrities to come out of the closet. It worked in my case, anyway.

I've been casually called "honey" by a few guys, and it didn't really bother me once I matured. When you respond with a normal, "Hey, what's up, man?" and keep walking, that's often surprisingly enough to get the message across.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:12:29 pm by FaustWolf »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 15, 2009, 07:13:48 pm »
Yes, sometimes I forget that some people are younger - apologies Shadow  :D. I was just attempting to point out the apparent hypocrisy of saying "I'm not homophobic" but then when you are getting hit on using the words "fruit" and "faggot" to describe the person hitting on you and being angry at him, instead of just saying "no thanks man, I'm not into dudes". But Faust is right, it is a kneejerk response when one is younger.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 15, 2009, 07:14:47 pm »
I've actually been asked if I'm a lesbian. I'm not. But I don't think I've been hit on by a person who's into that. I do know a gay guy (he's REALLY fun to hang around with, actually) and I don't freak out about it.

Current gripe is that my nausea has progressed to the point where I feel I need to go get a bucket.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 15, 2009, 07:28:10 pm »
teaflower, please give us a detailed report when you're finished. :D 

Or maybe not. Hope you're okay there -- there's salmonella in peanut butter nowadays. Deep breathing and fresh air sometimes helps, but then again it's probably -10 degrees outside where half of us are.