Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473061 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 13, 2009, 09:52:55 pm »
That's it. I am getting my math teacher fired tomorrow on the grounds of ... invalidating a motherfucking mid-term because she thought I was cheating by reading a book. I am not going to stand for this.

Here in North Carolina, during a state-mandated test (like the End Of Course Exams at my high school), when a kid is caught talking, reading,* looking around,* putting his/her head down, etc., the teacher that caught them is required by state law to assume that he/she is cheating. The kid is not granted immunity to punishment even if they have already finished their test and handed it in.

*The logical basis of the assumption in these examples are that the kid may be looking at answers to questions, be it in a textbook, or on another student's test.

Even so, though, I feel for ya, Grant. That shit sucks.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:48 pm »
Fight the power!

My friends are kind of weird, too. Really-Tall-With-Facial-Hair-And-Rage-Issues Jay has... rage issues. Computer-Geek-And-Kind-of-Squishy Angel is... a computer geek. He's actually really friendly. Jerk Brandon... doesn't count anymore. He's a jerk. Constantly-Sweaty Jay is my only Chrono Trigger-knowledged friend and constantly reeks of sweat. Why do I hang out with him again?

North Carolina sounds stupid.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 13, 2009, 09:56:03 pm »
Jerk Brandon... doesn't count anymore. He's a jerk.

Why the hostility? What did he turn you down or something?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 13, 2009, 10:01:35 pm »
Uh, Eric, that's a bit far, don'tCHA think?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 13, 2009, 10:02:01 pm »
Oh, you don't remember the Jerk Brandon story, do you? It's in here. Somewhere.

What happened was Brandon, before he was a jerk, asked me to come with him to homecoming. So I bundled up and waited for about half an hour for him to show up as he was buying tickets, like a proper gentleman should. I got hit on by an old guy waiting for him, but he never showed. So I went home, crestfallen and distraught, and waited until Monday to talk to him (it was a Friday). He wasn't there. I hunted him down and he ran from me. Apparently, from what I understand of what his friends told me, he did go. But he forgot me. He still won't talk to me or let me come near him.

And that's how Brandon became Jerk Brandon.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 13, 2009, 10:09:58 pm »
Uh, Eric, that's a bit far, don'tCHA think?

Nope. I was simply curious. I wasn't making fun of her, I just asked a question. A point which you apparently missed but Tea seemed to not have a problem with it.

And that's how Brandon became Jerk Brandon.

Bummer, what an ass. That's even worse than turning you down since he invited you. I'd slash his tires.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 13, 2009, 10:13:04 pm »
I'm sorry, but this needs to be said right now.

My current gripe is Darkman. I'm sick and tired of dealing with his insults and moronicness and lack of change and... EVERYTHING! Gah! If there weren't a towel on my head right now, I'd tear my hair out!

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1057 on: January 13, 2009, 10:14:45 pm »
Wow. I won't have a situation like that until Collage or MAYBE High School, for reasons I already said.
That honestly sucks.  That's what we call a Noob at Life.

Like I said previously- At least he's not an asshole.Well, most of the time he's not.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 13, 2009, 10:18:10 pm »
Wow. I won't have a situation like that until Collage or MAYBE High School, for reasons I already said.

Like I said man, get a badass skill. Girls dig mad skills. Just make sure that skill is cool. For example, having mad skills at guitar =/= having mad skills at flute. Girls will say, "well, he may be a nerd - but he's got mad skills. I wanna do him". Trust me. It's about the skills.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 13, 2009, 10:28:28 pm »
Its actually true, I would have women ignore me or just shoot me down, etc. But the second the find out I know ballroom dance the suddenly seem interested. Ah but for me it doesn't matter, I never found joy in small flings, I have always enjoyed a full dedicated relationship(which have never ended well sadly enough.)

My current grip I barely read half the threads any more because of the attitude shift here. It has be come a bit more fun and goofy which isn't bad, but at the cost of all the interesting discussions and more clever theories.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 13, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »
My current grip I barely read half the threads any more because of the attitude shift here. It has be come a bit more fun and goofy which isn't bad, but at the cost of all the interesting discussions and more clever theories.

Go spend some time in the Time, Space, and Dimensions forum. That's where all the good discussions have been going on.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1061 on: January 13, 2009, 10:42:29 pm »
Yeah, some of the stuff there freaking blows my mind. Thats why I like the Compendium- Balance between Idiotic and Genius, Balance between Real World and Game World, balance between Creativity and unoriginality. Whatever my mood, I can come here. Theres even a place to complain about your daily life!!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 13, 2009, 11:00:41 pm »
I do, I read all the analysis. I do wish to say its none existent, but most of the analysis is just teaching others how the current ideas work, or someone thinks they made a break through but its either some idea that doesn't really have any bases or its a rehash of current ideas. meh, maybe its just a slump right now.

Should I capitalize "meh"? buy definition that word shouldn't ever be capitlized yet at the begaining of a sentence it should be...huh.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 13, 2009, 11:09:24 pm »
I'm about to very possibly kill a chance at a fulfilling relationship because I don't believe in invisible gods and reincarnation.

I hate religion. I hate it. I hate all of it. May it die forever.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 13, 2009, 11:16:04 pm »
I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion, Z. You ask (albeit indirectly) for proof they exist, so I ask you, prove they don't.