Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478909 times)

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1035 on: January 13, 2009, 06:09:00 am »
So then, if you happen to get kicked out of that second class would they be forced to Expel you? Or would they just put you back in the other one? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. That's almost more whacky than Tea saying that the school nurse can't give them Tylenol.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1036 on: January 13, 2009, 12:00:50 pm »
My school.... At my school, the Principal is really old, and doesn't do much. The Best teachers always get laid off because of the stupid budget cuts and No Child Left Behind, And counclers... They don't do anything but make you sit down with someone you  hate, and afterwards they make fun of you for it. Grr... I hate you Govenator!!!!!

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 13, 2009, 04:06:34 pm »
Getting a pay raise cut in half even though the company is doing just fine and will continue to be fine albeit a little less so during the coming recessionary year.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 13, 2009, 05:02:28 pm »
... yeesh, and I thought I had it rough. MassHealth is yanking our chain and says we don't have coverage anymore, but my councilor makes me talk to her anyway. Guess who pays? My mom.

Be warned, folks. I have a long gripe ahead...

I did okay with the auditions. My key was a little off and I had a hard time with keeping it to the tune, but that was mainly because I was doing it A Capella and I was nervous as all hell (going up in front of a large group of people when you're, like, the only one on stage is terrifying, even if you've been doing it since forever), but I was certainly doing my song (the chorus of Torn) better than some of the others. I heard a lot of Hannah Montana last night (I DESPISE HANNAH MONTANA), a lot of loosing the tune, a lot of not being able to sing even the basic songs (if we couldn't think of a song, we were told to sing the ABCs and someone did it terribly), fudged up lyrics, and the occasional awesome theater voice. One girl sang Silent Night (off key, of course) and messed up the lyrics ('All is bright, all is calm!'), one kid didn't know the entire set of lyrics to the Itsy Bitsy Spider (what comes after 'and washed the spider out' again?), a bunch of kids took songs from Seussical (the musical we're doing) and sang them (Emily wants to be Gertrude, as she sang 'Notice me, Horton!') and not all of them did great, but again, a lot of good talent. Oh, and one more thing...

Merrick, my amazing little theater prodigy friend, grew TESTICLES.

Now I can't make jokes about him being sort of girly!

At the end, they had us group into grades and say our names. The seniors had a little thing going on. They came up as a group, then turned and said their names. I don't remember what they all were (there was definitely a Doug and Kim in there, though) but the last one (Alex or Zach or something and I'm not making novel jokes here) turned and said, "And I'm Liesl!"

Sound of Music joke. Complicated.

I forgot about this. Today, we got called into different places in the school to hear alumni talk at us about college. Essentially, college is totally different from high school, you need to take good classes now, start looking. I missed my computer lab time... for shit I already knew!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:05:37 pm by teaflower »

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 13, 2009, 07:51:46 pm »
That's it.

I am getting my math teacher fired tomorrow. On the grounds of losing assignments, ignoring students, and invalidating a motherfucking mid-term because she thought I was cheating by reading a book.

I am not going to stand for this.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 13, 2009, 08:01:46 pm »
Did she see what book it was? If it was the textbook during the test, yes. I can see that (to pass the time in history I read the textbook for fun). If it was a regular book (like To Kill a Mockingbird or Eragon or The End of the Worlds or How to Build a Nuclear Bomb in Three Easy Steps) after you handed in your test, go for it, man. My French teacher sent a kid out of her class once for asking her to slow down. After, of course, insulting him.

I wonder why she still works here...

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 13, 2009, 08:07:22 pm »
I forgot about this. Today, we got called into different places in the school to hear alumni talk at us about college. Essentially, college is totally different from high school, you need to take good classes now, start looking. I missed my computer lab time... for shit I already knew!
Huh I wish it was different then high school, but sadly it more or less the same. Well more sex and alcohol.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 13, 2009, 09:23:44 pm »
Huh I wish it was different then high school, but sadly it more or less the same. Well more sex and alcohol.

Well, people generally don't give a fuck what social group you belong to in college, and it is sort of the inverse of high school in that people will respect you for being smart and aceing tests because they themselves need to do good in college or they are screwed for life.

And yes, much more sex and alcohol. Alcohol gets old after awhile though. Both as a recreational drug and when you see the detrimental effects it has first hand. I only drink sparingly now. Maybe once a month.

Sex never gets old though. At least not if you don't suck at it. :D

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1043 on: January 13, 2009, 09:29:14 pm »
I didn't even scratch the Surface with my school position...

For example, Chrono Eric knows this, but Every single kid in my school hates me, except for a select few. Maybe 10, tops. Out of 800. They ALL Direct their hate at me and the People who are my friends. Remember 6th Grade, Asafigow? Yeah. It's like that, only Much, Much worse. Oh yeah, and all my friends through 7th grade are at a completely different school, the most Screwed up one I've ever, EVER Seen, and I feel sorry for whoever goes there. *AHEMASAFIGOWAHEM* Jesus, Tact, Your teachers are pretty screwed up, but here's one thing I forgot to mention earlier: Our vice principal will not expell or even suspend Anyone in the ENTIRE SCHOOL- Just because she has a perfect record she wants to keep. Her perfect record is only because she thinks about herself.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 13, 2009, 09:31:48 pm »
... your school sucks, man. I pity you. It sounds worse than the pilot school we have here. I hear it's terrible.

Why do they hate you, man? Did you do something stupid?

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 13, 2009, 09:34:06 pm »
I didn't even scratch the Surface with my school position...

Scratch the surface of what? Sex and alcohol? Don't worry there's plenty of time for that later.

And like I said, kids won't hate you in college. In fact they'll probably wanna hang with you so they can cheat off of you. Cheap friendship? Perhaps. But you can totally use them for things in return.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1046 on: January 13, 2009, 09:39:15 pm »
No, they don't like me because I'm
1. Smart
2. Antisocial, see at school, most of the time I just drop the first part of my online Alias, and shut the hell up and work.
3.Weird
4. and different. I take the 'Fads' and do the exact opposite. If people like a certain brand of clothing, I avoid it at all costs. I did this one to piss them off after they started to hate me.

It doesn't help that my mom was most of their teacher at one point...

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:03 pm »
Well, screw them. Be who you are and you'll be fine. I'm weird in that all my friends are male (well, predominately), I like anime/manga that no one has ever heard of, I'm smart, pretty, and I've gotten into a bit of a sticky situation and may be hated by my ex-best friend, her group of angsting, cutting, druggy friends, and every drama person I know.

I stated to someone that I despised my ex-best friend and I despised the younger sibling of a prominent acting almost-goddess. The ex-best friend is a whiny little bitch who needs a calculator to figure out what two plus two is. The sibling thinks she's all that, but can't carry a tune and lives in her sister's shadow.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1048 on: January 13, 2009, 09:48:27 pm »
Don't forget Modest. LOL Just kidding. Anyways, I personally think anyone who hates themself is an idiot. Me and my band of Rebellious friends in 6th grade always sat away from everyone, and did everything differently. We had about 10 members, I suppose. Asafigow was my rebellious partner in Crime. Funny story, actually... I thought we were going to hate each other's guts on the first day of school. My brand of humor is ridiculastupid. Offtopic: My two favorite made up adjectives are Ridiculastupid and Evilicious. Lol. Anyways....

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 13, 2009, 09:50:32 pm »
No, they don't like me because I'm
1. Smart

Like I said in college this is reversed.

2. Antisocial, see at school, most of the time I just drop the first part of my online Alias, and shut the hell up and work.

Funny, "hyper" has more than one meaning - it can mean overly excited or simply over or above something. Such as having hypertension for example. I always thought your name derived from the second definition, and meant not that you were a nerd that was also hyper but a literal hypernerd - ie: someone who was over the top nerdy, moreso than the average nerd.

3.Weird

Aren't we all?

4. and different.

See above. Our differences are what make us special. Do you really want to be just like everyone else?

I take the 'Fads' and do the exact opposite. If people like a certain brand of clothing, I avoid it at all costs. I did this one to piss them off after they started to hate me.

So now that every kid I see is starting to dress all punkish (wearing t-shirts of The Clash and The Sex Pistols that no doubt they've never even listened to ::vent:: ), does that mean that to go against the grain you dress normal?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:54:29 pm by chrono eric »