Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478674 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #960 on: January 08, 2009, 02:38:32 pm »
I was here before BROJ and I don't recall this thread, unless was it this one? It wasn't that bad really.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 08, 2009, 04:52:53 pm »
Current gripe = dinner.

With father.

Right now, I'm wearing a high necked sweater, right? My mom asks if I have anything with a higher neck line. I admit, it's a little tight on the boobies, but not so much as I would be better off without anything on them! Essentially, my father is gross.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 08, 2009, 06:18:00 pm »
Yes but if you don't you won't get any luvin'.
- I'm not the type of guy to do anything for sex.  I prefer having a decent relationship.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 08, 2009, 06:19:50 pm »
I was here before BROJ and I don't recall this thread, unless was it this one? It wasn't that bad really.

Burning Zeppelin started it. Ramsus removed it, I think. I know it's gone for sure though.

Yes but if you don't you won't get any luvin'.
- I'm not the type of guy to do anything for sex.  I prefer having a decent relationship.

Good for you.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 08, 2009, 06:51:12 pm »
I prefer having a decent relationship.

Decent relationship? I'm confused. I think sex is the most important part of a relationship. It's a basic human need. Two people could be perfect for each other in every way but if they have bad sex...I guarantee that one of them will eventually stray.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 08, 2009, 07:09:50 pm »

Burning Zeppelin started it. Ramsus removed it, I think. I know it's gone for sure though.
I guess I missed it, My thread was almost there but then I guess we went to far in the personality department. For the better or worse.

I prefer having a decent relationship.

Decent relationship? I'm confused. I think sex is the most important part of a relationship. It's a basic human need. Two people could be perfect for each other in every way but if they have bad sex...I guarantee that one of them will eventually stray.
I don't see the confusing part. I know many couples(myself included) who have little or even no sex in a relationship and are still happy. I disagree that It's a basic human need, I think a better phrase is "It's a basic human desire."

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 08, 2009, 07:23:59 pm »
I disagree that It's a basic human need, I think a better phrase is "It's a basic human desire."

Splitting hairs. There is a fine line between a desire and a need. I need food and water for my basic physical health and I desire them, most definitely. I need companionship, relationships, and stability in life for my basic mental health and I desire them, most definitely. But a strong enough desire can become a need just as important.

I'd challenge you to find a human being who truly goes their entire lives without participating in anything sexual of any nature. Dying before they have the chance doesn't count. Tell me then that it's a desire alone and not a need.

Even the people that devote themselves to a life of chastity rub one out every now and then, I guarantee it. But who knows? Perhaps I have less faith in humanity than most people.

Kudos to you though if you are one of the types that practices abstinence before marriage. That's definitely something I could never do. People like that have a will of steel. I'd place my bets that in the end desire wins out either way though.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:58 pm »
Humans are social creatures and as such in order to preserve his/her community/species, humans need to breed. Or, come seventy years or so, the human race will all but die out. Simple as that. Abstinence before marriage is certainly a respectable position, but sex is necessary -- there's no splitting hairs about that.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 08, 2009, 07:37:49 pm »
I think I sent the wrong message, I not same prude against intimacy. I AM against the common belief that sex=love, I think they are two very different thing that often come together.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 08, 2009, 07:42:20 pm »
Ah then I would agree with you there. But I would say that while sex doesn't necessary equal love, they are not two "very different things". Sex most certainly strengthens love and closeness in relationships.

There's no mysticism about it either. It's just that lovemaking floods the bloodstream with a massive amount of oxytocin from the posterior pituitary. Which is why "friends with benefits" relationships always inevitably end up with one person "getting attached".

So sex strengthens love and love strengthens sex. But the desire for sex is present even in the absense of love.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:44:59 pm by chrono eric »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 08, 2009, 10:29:36 pm »
I have been dating Alice since November, and we have yet to have sex. I really don't care, neither does she.

Besides, I really don't plan on having kids.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 09, 2009, 01:34:47 am »

:shock: You know, there are ways around that in this modern age we live in with the conveniences of latex and exogenous progestin.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 09, 2009, 03:59:32 am »

:shock: You know, there are ways around that in this modern age we live in with the conveniences of latex and exogenous progestin.

*claps*

Thank you, I did not know that.

Or...we just don't have sex.

:picardno

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 09, 2009, 04:14:24 am »
Right, but you said "I don't plan on having kids" so I was sarcastically pointing out that modern birth control methods are over 99% effective. Hence, I found it a rather odd thing to say.

So a friendly  :picardno to you too, good sir!  :D

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #974 on: January 09, 2009, 04:26:02 am »
Ah then I would agree with you there. But I would say that while sex doesn't necessary equal love, they are not two "very different things". Sex most certainly strengthens love and closeness in relationships.

There's no mysticism about it either. It's just that lovemaking floods the bloodstream with a massive amount of oxytocin from the posterior pituitary. Which is why "friends with benefits" relationships always inevitably end up with one person "getting attached".

So sex strengthens love and love strengthens sex. But the desire for sex is present even in the absense of love.

That's assuming love based upon emotion and feeling. Love might be said to not be the fulfilment of a feeling or need, but rather the free giving of one's self who doesn't need it to another without the necessity for return. That is, a surfeit of one's self to be given freely, rather than a gap to be filled. In that case, they do become two very separate things.

Most of the time people see love as both parties having a deficiency, and it working as a sort of mutual fulfilment. As I've said, a dependancy or need. Again, what if love is rather that each person is complete in themselves, and the desire is not something empty that needs be filled, but a pure desire to give to the other person of one's self without needing anything in return? If two such are together, then the importance of having those feelings fulfilled, and the dependancy upon its variance, becomes greatly diminished.

Think about that for a bit. I'm sure people will argue to the brink of doom with me on this, and still claim love to be when one is overwhelmed in feelings. But I reject that, and see that as a slavish form of love. Kebrel, for example, you said the 'common idea that sex=love'. I don't think that's the common or majority idea. Most would agree with you. But I don't think very many look at it from the view I am taking. All the same, I am not railing against feeling, but what I am meaning is that feeling is hardly something one should take as a measure for if there is love or not, and that true love can be built upon feelings. Now this goes contrary to just about every commonly held perception, and I think most of you will fiercely disagree for that very reason. Yet I think there is merit to what I say.

Who was it earlier that said if there is bad sex, one of them will stray? Well, in that case, I will say there was no true love on that person's part. Because they are then making a decision based on one of their own feelings not being fulfilled. This means that their love was based on a selfish desire to see themselves completed in some way, rather than being complete themselves and giving freely to the other. If you want to call it love, fine, but I don't. To me, love is far stronger than that. I will never love someone just because they fulfill a 'need' in me, nor will it falter if I no longer feel they are fulfilling it. Were I to do it, I would be selfish, and it would not be love. Love, true love, is not selfish. A difficult ideal to achieve, but difficulty does not make it less valid. As best I may, when I give my heart, I do not give it because I need to give it, but because I wish to give it, and I give it wholly and forever. And it needs nothing, not even the return. A freely given gift. That, to me, is love.

So my frustration? That people think love is based on how it makes them feel, rather than what they do for the other person.