Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473074 times)

Daniel Krispin

Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #930 on: January 05, 2009, 02:31:43 am »
Then nothing is ephemeral.

Except for life itself. Not to be the devils advocate or anything.  :D The more ephemeral that something is in life, the more valuable it becomes.

Vita satis est.

I agree with your philosophy on life pretty much 100%, except I'd like to point out that in some situations, just taking life for what it is simply isn't enough. Some people with clinical depression (and its less recognized counterpart, euphoria) require medical intervention. To a person in their right mind, it's all our brain can do to try and handle this shit world we live in. But to a person whos brain is working incorrectly, sometimes it is impossible for them to recognize the lessons that life experiences give.

Oh, that's true. Just like telling someone with injured legs to walk. At that point, all the encouragement in the world isn't going to help.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #931 on: January 07, 2009, 08:29:17 pm »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 07, 2009, 09:12:47 pm »
And thus why Naruto needs to die.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #933 on: January 07, 2009, 09:20:17 pm »
BRIGHT ORANGE JACKET NINJA! BLENDS IN WELL AT NIGHT! SO STEALTHY!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #934 on: January 07, 2009, 09:51:57 pm »
BRIGHT ORANGE JACKET NINJA! BLENDS IN WELL AT NIGHT! SO STEALTHY!

That's the point. He's a loudmouth enthusiastic character and that's why he dresses like that.

Personally, I love Naruto, it's one of my favourite manga. It's honestly very excellent, it's a great story with a wealth of character development and a quirky style. I can understand to an extent any negativity you might have towards it because it's become popular outside of Japan in an annoying way. The only reason I posted that screenshot is because it's amazing how many unrelated videos have one of those fucking generic AMVs in the related videos section.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 07, 2009, 09:57:47 pm »
Dude, so true.

I hate going into manga stores and seeing shelf upon shelf of the popular manga/anime. I hate hearing squeaky voiced teens (which I hang out with because they're my friends) rant and rave about how hot Misa is, how awesome Light is, how much L sucks, how cool Bleach is, how sweet Naruto is, how long they've been playing that game they got yesterday, how... GAH. I hate going on the On Demand, turning on Tsubasa, and hearing Sakura sound like a MAN, for Christing out loud. I hate checking out what's up with Death Note and hearing that terrible dub of everyone sounding like monotone idiots. I hate Pokemon for being such a little kid show when it should be for grown up kids! I mean, COME ON! There was an episode where James had BOOBS! ... BOOBS!

That's my rant for the evening.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #936 on: January 07, 2009, 10:14:48 pm »
I used to love Naruto... When I was 10. I still have all the Manga's up to 10...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #937 on: January 07, 2009, 10:38:35 pm »
Naruto's gotten more interesting since then, HyperNerd...You should pick it up again.

And, Pyt Fumv, that pic just makes it look like you dislike that your search (for "sasuke linken park") turned out so many results...Go figure, Naruto is popular & Linken Park is popular so Naruto Linken Park AMVs are abundant. If only there was some clue as to WHY!?!

The only thing I hate about pop anime is that kids are growing up on super lame dubs. Hopefully though it also creates kids who are smart enough to throw that garbage out & watch the subs (or just read manga). When you were a kid all you did was talk about w/e stupid thing you liked at the time. That's what kids do.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #938 on: January 07, 2009, 10:45:53 pm »
Yeah.... I hate to admit it, but I loved PokeMon to death as a kid. And I did watch subbed episodes, I remember Naruto number 101 or something was hilarious.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 08, 2009, 12:50:47 am »
I guess I could rant a bit.

We have a dance here called Snowball coming fairly soon.  Rather ridiculous that I wasn't planning on going then out of nowhere my girlfriend decides to say HEY WE'RE GOING TO SNOWBALL and before I even got to say a word, she tells me she got a DRESS for it.  So without my consent, I'm forced to go to this horrendously retarded dance and pay like...$20 for couples tickets which is higher then hell for a fucking 4x4 piece of paper.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 08, 2009, 12:53:38 am »
HEY WE'RE GOING TO SNOWBALL

hehe, gross :lol:

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 08, 2009, 01:26:15 am »
I guess I could rant a bit.

We have a dance here called Snowball coming fairly soon.  Rather ridiculous that I wasn't planning on going then out of nowhere my girlfriend decides to say HEY WE'RE GOING TO SNOWBALL and before I even got to say a word, she tells me she got a DRESS for it.  So without my consent, I'm forced to go to this horrendously retarded dance and pay like...$20 for couples tickets which is higher then hell for a fucking 4x4 piece of paper.

Yes but if you don't you won't get any luvin'. Girls are like that. It's unfair because guys can't pull the same cheap tactic to get what they want.

HEY WE'RE GOING TO SNOWBALL

hehe, gross :lol:

lmao. I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't think anyone would get the reference. Glad to see you're here to drag all our minds further into the gutter (my mind actually likes being there anyways. It's cozy and warm in this gutter).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 08, 2009, 01:39:38 am »
V is the master of that.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 08, 2009, 01:52:51 am »
:picardno

If I wanna fap, I can go to CuteLucca's place and re-read Zone 8. Please no intentional pervertedness here for the sake of my sanity.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 08, 2009, 01:55:13 am »
Anyone remember the hentai topic? :lol:

(don't bother looking for it)