Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473011 times)

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #915 on: January 04, 2009, 01:28:36 am »
I'm frustrated that it seems like everyone in the RP Section went into hibernation.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 04, 2009, 01:30:40 am »
I feel like a half remembered drunken nightmare right now. I don't even know why.

It's been like this for days.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 04, 2009, 01:50:23 am »
I feel like a half remembered drunken nightmare right now. I don't even know why.

It's been like this for days.
You know, conveniently, that's actually a pretty good description of how I feel. My mind is a severe haze right now; I can't even think straight... which drives me insane to say the least.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 04, 2009, 02:57:12 am »
One sentence.  I do not know who I am.
Uh, You okay there buddy?

Well fuck this! Out of now where Kaity just pops in to my head and I get hit with a horrendous case of depression all day long, then what happens? Why I get a message just minutes ago from Kaity who I have heard almost nothing from(NOT due to my lack of trying) since school started at the end of September. She just goes on a small blurb how her and Adam are doing amazing, school, and the college search has been great, and how she hopes my life has be a turn for the better since she last saw me.

God hates me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:20:28 am by KebreI »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 04, 2009, 01:35:14 pm »
Finally, that video got uploaded at last, after maybe the tenth or so time.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #920 on: January 04, 2009, 06:00:35 pm »
Frustration: I just found out one of my ex-girlfriends from back in high school died a few days ago. The police report said her husband found her dead in the morning after they had a bad fight the night before. I looked up the med examiners report and it said Cause of Death: Pending Toxicology Report. Which means OD most likely. I'm guessing she took alcohol and pain-killers as a temporary escape and it caused an accidental overdose. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

22 years old. What a fool. Why do people do this to themselves? I saw her not too long ago. She asked me why I dumped her back in high school and I lied to her. I wish I had told her the truth now.

Sounds like a cover-up to me...The husband did it in the study with the poison...!

I'm frustrated that it seems like everyone in the RP Section went into hibernation.

Incorporate dice rolls into battle (& mebby some other things) & I'm down.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 04, 2009, 07:42:44 pm »
Yea, I'm fine.  Just thinking things through and what not.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 04, 2009, 07:54:55 pm »
Oh, what a swimming thread of sorrows we have. I just hope everyone knows he or she isn't alone, no matter what kind of seemingly unique weirdness is happening.

Chrono Eric, I'm extremely moved by your story. I think that sort of thing occurs when people forget the fact that all suffering is only temporary.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #923 on: January 04, 2009, 09:59:04 pm »
Oh, I know I'm not alone. I'm sure there's a substantial amount of people frustrated at the fact that it's snowing again.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 04, 2009, 10:56:11 pm »
You know, conveniently, that's actually a pretty good description of how I feel. My mind is a severe haze right now; I can't even think straight... which drives me insane to say the least.

BROJ, what you are describing sounds like side effects from excessive caffeine use to me. Do you get migraines when you don't drink energy drinks? And do you feel nauseous and have great difficulty remembering things that you otherwise could remember just fine? If you do, I would recommend cutting out the regular caffeine use as the next series of side effects are even worse than these. Caffeine is great in moderation, but in excess it can cause problems.

God hates me.

Naw, god doesn't give a damn about you or anybody else either way, so don't worry - we're all in the same boat.  :D

Sounds like a cover-up to me...The husband did it in the study with the poison...!

The thought actually crossed my mind. But knowing her, I did some digging around for info with some mutual friends. Apparently she went out to the bars that night. But also knowing her, I'd say an overdose of alcohol alone is unlikely. It's also not a rational conclusion. If she was that intoxicated then her friends would obviously have noticed and you think they would have stayed with her awhile to make sure she was OK or at the very least told her husband. But alcohol + pain pills leads to a swift and sudden death. The cops aren't looking into foul play, but I would definitely be investigating her friends and her husband for negligence.

Chrono Eric, I'm extremely moved by your story. I think that sort of thing occurs when people forget the fact that all suffering is only temporary.

Thanks Faustwolf, I'm rather shaken up by it actually. It came as a complete shock. I doubt it was some sort of suicide attempt but rather a misconceived attempt at having a fun night. I myself have gone out drinking with friends many times because I felt bummed out. Pop a few extra pain pills for the stress headache you had earlier and then drink a few too many and one can easily find themselves in unintentional trouble.

And perhaps people not only forget that all suffering is temporary, but they also realize that all happiness is ephemeral as well. Two-fer downer right there.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:06:45 pm by chrono eric »

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 04, 2009, 11:07:57 pm »
Wasn't BROJ talking about regretting drinking an Energy Drink in another thread?

Anyway, I think I'm better now. After getting into a mental clearing, I feel like I've reached a new level of personal growth. Maybe this is the sign of a new chapter in my life starting... (I am moving to Manhattan after this semester is over, anyhow).

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 04, 2009, 11:11:38 pm »

BROJ, what you are describing sounds like side effects from excessive caffeine use to me. Do you get migraines when you don't drink energy drinks? And do you feel nauseous and have great difficulty remembering things that you otherwise could remember just fine? If you do, I would recommend cutting out the regular caffeine use as the next series of side effects are even worse than these. Caffeine is great in moderation, but in excess it can cause problems.
Nah, just had way too much sugar, and crashed because of it. I have had excessive amounts(quite a bit actually) of caffeine before in the past, so I know what that feels like. That said, 'no' to your other questions. It was more of a matter of the after-effects of the drink.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:14:09 pm by BROJ »

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 04, 2009, 11:23:57 pm »
Nah, just had way too much sugar, and crashed because of it. I have had excessive amounts(quite a bit actually) of caffeine before in the past, so I know what that feels like. That said, 'no' to your other questions. It was more of a matter of the after-effects of the drink.

Good then. I was under the impression that you meant it was a long term "haze" you were experiencing. The side effects of caffeine use only show up after years of excessive use anyways.

I have completely stopped drinking caffeine now, but not as soon as I noticed the effects of excessive use and hypoglycemia creeping on. It was the migraines that did me in. After that I felt better almost immediately.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #928 on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:47 pm »
And perhaps people not only forget that all suffering is temporary, but they also realize that all happiness is ephemeral as well. Two-fer downer right there.

Such might lead one to say that all is vanity, after the fashion of the Teacher, hm?

They may be ephemeral, yet that is only a dismay if one takes one's mood to be the purpose for living. That is, if you expect it and think that life must be joyful, you are doomed to ever be disappointed, and all that you experience fall short. Yet if you resolve to only take what is given, bad and good alike, do what you can to your best, fight a good fight in life, why, is that not itself something?

There is always beauty. Because even if happiness is ephemeral, joy is not. One is a dependance on emotion and mood, and the other is a resolution and peace and acceptance of the way things are. Not that one shouldn't strive to be better, but there are things that are beyond our control, and if we live our lives requiring those things to be fulfilled for our happiness, we shall never be happy.

How can we possibly expect to be happy when we set our happiness' store on the whim of capricous chance?

Do not be overly happy, nor be depressed. One is too much feeling, and the other is no feeling at all, and one extreme will inevitably lead to another. Be happy with what life grants you at this moment, even if it's not something that is overtly good. Do not shirk to frown, do not put on a pretense. Weep when the time is right, and laugh when the chance arises, but keep you mood level. And contemplate circumstance and feeling always. Then nothing is ephemeral.

Vita satis est.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 04, 2009, 11:42:29 pm »
Then nothing is ephemeral.

Except for life itself. Not to be the devils advocate or anything.  :D The more ephemeral that something is in life, the more valuable it becomes.

Vita satis est.

I agree with your philosophy on life pretty much 100%, except I'd like to point out that in some situations, just taking life for what it is simply isn't enough. Some people with clinical depression (and its less recognized counterpart, euphoria) require medical intervention. To a person in their right mind, it's all our brain can do to try and handle this shit world we live in. But to a person whos brain is working incorrectly, sometimes it is impossible for them to recognize the lessons that life experiences give.