Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478845 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »
Shadow, I tried posting this morning.

MY POWER DIED.

So, the entire state of MA and probably part of NH are frozen. We aren't guaranteed power until Monday and several major highways just recently became passable! Gah! ... good news is that I might not have school on Monday.  :D

Hey, guess what, guys? Click here for more info on the storm we're having. Fitchburg is currently in a state of emergency and so is the state! I'd watch the news myself, but the cable has been gone since this morning.

Why does it feel like Saturday?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:48:19 pm by teaflower »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 12, 2008, 05:19:11 pm »
Ouch, that bites.

Feldschlacht IV

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2008, 06:52:55 pm »
So I'm probably going to be taking a semester break from college because I'm broke and about to go batshit insane. I'm not in my hometown, so I'm probably going to be renting a place from my girlfriends parents and make some money so I'm no longer in debt in every possible way imaginable.

Seriously. I'm in debt in every possible way imaginable.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2008, 09:46:04 pm »
Seriously. I'm in debt in every possible way imaginable.

Huh, you should talk to P.S.Z. about that.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 13, 2008, 08:05:27 pm »
Ice storm + school in forested area = no school until TUESDAY! Woohoo! Although that is pretty damn awesome, I don't have anything to do. FF12 sucks and I can't keep playing Smash Brothers. It's frickin' cold out there, man, and it's a rather long and unpleasant walk down to the plaza with K-Mart and stuff. Good news is I have a five-day weekend!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 13, 2008, 08:35:33 pm »
Ice storm + school in forested area = no school until TUESDAY! Woohoo! Although that is pretty damn awesome, I don't have anything to do. FF12 sucks and I can't keep playing Smash Brothers. It's frickin' cold out there, man, and it's a rather long and unpleasant walk down to the plaza with K-Mart and stuff. Good news is I have a five-day weekend!

First off, I didn't think FF12 was that bad. I thought it was a bit refreshing from the usual way FF is.

Second off, I used to live in Attleboro, Massachusetts. Glad I got the fuck out of there.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 13, 2008, 08:40:08 pm »
Yeah, we're kinda in the middle of a state of emergency, considering almost half the state still lacks power. As for 12, it wasn't my cup of tea. If I wanted MMO style games, I'd buy an MMO, not a Final Fantasy.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 13, 2008, 09:24:36 pm »
It's time like these that I don't miss the cold....just finished 5 years in Florida and now live in S. California....snow was done being cool for me 10 years ago.

But yea I suppose that sucks having no power and all.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:50 pm »
Yeah, we're kinda in the middle of a state of emergency, considering almost half the state still lacks power. As for 12, it wasn't my cup of tea. If I wanted MMO style games, I'd buy an MMO, not a Final Fantasy.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to think like that.

I'm sorry, but I enjoy turn based battles. I'm getting sick of all the REAL-TIME ACTION games, not my cup of tea.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 13, 2008, 10:48:36 pm »
A good turn based RPG is what I like. ToD was okay (it wasn't all this MMO style thing, but had similar qualities), but would I take 10 and 7 and 6 and CT and CC over 12 and 11? HELL YES!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #715 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:16 am »
themoggleking456 (5 days ago) Show Hide
0 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
cna't be semore in bevelve
i really need to traing ther but the emanys are to hard.. oh well train begens

themoggleking456 (5 days ago) Show Hide
0 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
eya you fight him in machalala, beveele, stuck there any tips, mt gigazet, and sins stoucmah

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 14, 2008, 12:42:56 am »
ergh! Drinking and driving. Dumbest shit anyone could ever do. My friend texted me at 1:30 this morning saying that she totalled her car. I asked what happened. If anything, you can guess what happened. Drinking, driving, speeding, swerving, shitting. Her friend that happened to be dumb enough to ride with her is in the hospital. GAH.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 14, 2008, 01:03:30 am »
Ouch. Only shows that one must not D.D.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 14, 2008, 08:36:09 pm »
Ouch. I'm glad I don't have much experience with drunks who drive. My parents used to drink, but now they're serious A.A. members. Hi, I'm Arnie, and I'm an alcoholic.

Hi, Arnie.

Gripes... oh, right! I'm sick. Like, horrible sick. I can barely walk from my room to my mom's room, which isn't all that far away. Good news is most of the nausea is gone *knockonwood* and I don't feel horribly tired anymore! *knockonwood* Yaaaaay!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 15, 2008, 12:08:02 am »
ergh! Drinking and driving. Dumbest shit anyone could ever do. My friend texted me at 1:30 this morning saying that she totalled her car. I asked what happened. If anything, you can guess what happened. Drinking, driving, speeding, swerving, shitting. Her friend that happened to be dumb enough to ride with her is in the hospital. GAH.

Stuff like this really pisses me off. People can be so inconsiderate when they drive drunk/stoned. What pisses me off even more is the state of drug legislation in this country (U.S. is where I live).

I hate alcohol and I have pretty much decided to stop drinking. Did you know that the vast majority of illegal drugs are actually better for you than consuming alcohol or nicotine? Indeed, the psychedelic drug psilocybin is rated as less toxic than aspirin by the CDC. But it's illegal to consume the magic mushrooms that contain it.

So why is alcohol legal while less harmful drugs are illegal? My guess would be just because there is a huge commercial and cultural market built up around alcohol and the fact that it's so damned easy to make. Prohibition would never work again in this day and age. So we're left with an ass-backwards legal system and thousands of people that drive drunk and endanger the lives of perfectly sober people every day.