Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473041 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #660 on: December 08, 2008, 04:51:42 am »
...he is not in III.

Give me some time to watch the movie again and I will give you a screenshot.

Quote from: Rule 32
You must have pictures to prove your statements.

Take your time, but you won't find it. Trust me.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 08, 2008, 04:52:52 pm »
So awhile back my girlfriend accidentally elbowed me in my mouth cause' she's clumsy sometimes, causing a hairline crack in one of my upper front teeth (incisor) that was barely noticeable so I didn't think much of it. Then last night I bite into a StarburstTM and it breaks one-fourth of my front tooth clean off!

So now I have to go get it fixed. What particularly irritates me about this is that I fucking hate going to the dentist, and I just know that they are going to want to scrape/poke/generally screw with my teeth with that ultrasonic drill thing that is like nails-on-chalkboard.

Funny enough, I will no longer be covered under my parent's dental insurance as of Jan. 1st, so I suppose I should thank her for elbowing me in the mouth now instead of later.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 08, 2008, 07:25:28 pm »
Love hurts.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 08, 2008, 08:30:28 pm »
Starbursts hurt. Good thing they are so delicious.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #664 on: December 08, 2008, 10:59:59 pm »
I started World of Warcraft last night. Apparently this gives several of my friends reason to treat me like I'm some sort of scumbag. "It kills people!", "You're one of them now!", "Are you going to say 'I reached level 8!'? You play WoW so you have to", "I hate World of Warcraft." "Boring, eh?" It's just a game, for fuck's sake. Online friends I was getting along with so well suddenly talking to me like I'm some stupid asshole. Friendship, eh?

Honestly, I just cannot stand this type of person - the kind who'll say something like "I don't like [name of game you're playing].", to which you reply "um, okay", and they act as if you've punched them in the face. How dare I have a choice in my own preferences!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #665 on: December 08, 2008, 11:32:37 pm »
Love hurts.

Heh, now THAT'S a succinct gripe.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 08, 2008, 11:49:52 pm »
Being a sports nut, at least a football and NBA nut, I play a good deal of sports games.  A columnist on ESPN.com I love (Bill Simmons) speaks of the "there is no fucking way you are going to win this game" game every once and again, or something with a similar name.  I really hate it when that game comes around.  I guess it's tough to translate that into an RPG.  Think of a Marle whiff followed by a crappy turnout from the Wondershot and so those enemies don't die when you thought they would and they kill you because you only have 5 hp left because you thought they were gonna die.

Only this is a lot worse.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 09, 2008, 01:36:21 am »
I started World of Warcraft last night. Apparently this gives several of my friends reason to treat me like I'm some sort of scumbag. "It kills people!", "You're one of them now!", "Are you going to say 'I reached level 8!'? You play WoW so you have to", "I hate World of Warcraft." "Boring, eh?" It's just a game, for fuck's sake. Online friends I was getting along with so well suddenly talking to me like I'm some stupid asshole. Friendship, eh?

Honestly, I just cannot stand this type of person - the kind who'll say something like "I don't like [name of game you're playing].", to which you reply "um, okay", and they act as if you've punched them in the face. How dare I have a choice in my own preferences!

WoW sucks, get over it.

You'll realize it too when your money's all gone.

This is why I hate MMOs.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #668 on: December 09, 2008, 02:21:07 am »

WoW sucks, get over it.

This is why I hate MMOs.

Maybe he has more self control than you do?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 09, 2008, 02:36:53 am »

WoW sucks, get over it.

This is why I hate MMOs.

Maybe he has more self control than you do?

I've never played it. I don't feel like shelling out money like that.

Pay one time and that's it for me. Hell, I'm starting to rent games more now with how long they are nowadays.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 09, 2008, 11:17:13 am »
I worry that with the way things are heading all or most rpg's will be MMO's and fewer and fewer will be traditional rpg's. Which irritates me.

Another thing that irritates me in melatonin. I've been having trouble getting to sleep at a reasonable time lately so I thought I'd shell out some cash for melatonin pills at CVS since they are way cheaper than Tylenol PM...

...but they don't do shit. I'm about to chalk up anyone who ever says that melatonin made them sleepy to placebo effect only. That's what Alexander Shulgin did. And it doesn't make sense biochemically anyways. The brain makes endogenous melatonin in the pineal gland, and melatonin itself is a polar molecule which couldn't cross the blood brain barrier without a transport receptor. So why the fuck would the brain have receptors for exogenous melatonin?

Utter bullshit. Tylenol PM ftw!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #671 on: December 09, 2008, 12:06:20 pm »
WoW sucks, get over it.

This is why I hate MMOs.

Well I'm enjoying it, and I was aware it would cost me extra money, and I was prepared for that. You're entitled to your own opinion, of course. I'm just pissed off at the fact people I get along with decided to turn on me for the stupid reason they don't like a game I play.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 09, 2008, 05:12:10 pm »
WoW sucks, get over it.

This is why I hate MMOs.

Well I'm enjoying it, and I was aware it would cost me extra money, and I was prepared for that. You're entitled to your own opinion, of course. I'm just pissed off at the fact people I get along with decided to turn on me for the stupid reason they don't like a game I play.

Hey, that's their problem, sure I hate it, but do I hate you? no, just think you should rethink your spending choices, that's all.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 09, 2008, 06:06:40 pm »
Personally, what people do with their own money is their own business. Unless it involves money owed to me.
I've never played WoW, but I don't have a problem with it. I'd have a problem with the person who PLAYED it who considers what their character did last night lunch table conversation.

WITH PEOPLE S/HE KNEW DIDN'T PLAY.

Um... gripes... Oh, yeah.

Research paper.

Anyone want to write me an 8-10 page research paper, complete with notes and all research, on how vampires have evolved in literature? I'd give you money, but I has none.  :(

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 09, 2008, 06:30:52 pm »
Guild Wars is one time payment MMO.  It was REALLY fun for 2 weeks and now it's REALLY boring and I haven't played in forever, but I don't lose money.