Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478992 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #615 on: November 25, 2008, 11:52:50 pm »
I play a lot of other games, it just bother me that everyone is into the most generic games. One of my friends actually seems interested and he might give it a try. Problem is everyone hates him and he's also got a very poor choice in games(his belief? jak and Daxter is the most unbeatable game series to ever exist, it was the first to come up with ideas like battle racing, platforming, etc.)Lately they have a crave with Web Of Shadows for the Wii, and some other friends are trying him toward Fable II.

Also I know this is anger releasing thread but I don't know where to put it so, CTDS is the best thing since sh*t in a toilet and not on the floor. In other words very very very very very very very very very very very veryx??? good.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 26, 2008, 12:00:43 am »
Fable II is pretty damn good game no reason to avoid it, same goes to Jak and Daxter, Gears of War, Guitar Hero, Soul Calibur and many others. Just because its hyped, mainstream and popular doesn't mean its bad, in fact normally its quite the opposite.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 28, 2008, 02:54:25 pm »
Yeah, i';m not saying they're bad but compared to Chrono Trigger?
However, jak and daxter I find okay. They just make this jump suddenly from the calm and good serenity of itself to... well I'm not gonna rant about it since I've already done this before, but they go into this whole tough guy act and a lot of the stuff becomes stereotypical to the extreme. And yes, I have played out the series. I honestly found it really easy. I'm not denying it's popularity, but being the best game series there is I don't get... Meh, whatev.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #618 on: November 28, 2008, 09:44:27 pm »
It's hard to compare enjoyability based on genre bias...Not to mention regular bias since this is a Chrono forums...>_>

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 02, 2008, 09:33:35 pm »
Man I'm dead My first semester of college may be looking ok in grades but things are begining to stock pile on me. and my ex girlfriend wants to get back together again when I'm not interested. I have a 5 page history essay due tomorrow that I just finished, I've had little to no time to play video games and draw (vents for me). and I just steped some type of metal sticking out underneath my deak with my right foot and its a thumb tack. great. at least I'm not bleeding.
I need help getting organized anyone have sugestions on what they do? I'd like an answer from a college student on how to organize and manage my time.
I now have to go work on my Math homework then do my japanese homework somewhere between after math homework and 6:00 pm tomorrow.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 03, 2008, 10:53:59 pm »
Fuck it all. Nothing I do is enough. I'm not going to slave away my entire damned life to die in a web of greed and tragedy like everyone else. I'm trying my best to keep everything in fucking line and nothing is enough to keep shit afloat. I deserve better than my life. Hell if I care what happens anymore, whatever I do isn't enough to keep things from crashing down again. I surrender, the world wins.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 03, 2008, 11:22:22 pm »
Seems you've rebounded from something in a way I have. Ultimately, if there's nothing else in rock bottom depression, I'll always come back to resisting fate. One can always imagine circumstances as a kind of fate, and proactive, willful living as resisting that and creating one's own destiny.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 03, 2008, 11:28:44 pm »
It's not that I'm not trying to resist fate, but more so that fate is overpowering me. Everything I've done has lead to to an unbreakable wall.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 04, 2008, 01:43:45 am »
It's not that I'm not trying to resist fate, but more so that fate is overpowering me. Everything I've done has lead to to an unbreakable wall.
Go around it then.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 04, 2008, 09:38:19 am »
And if he can't? I think that might be what he means.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 04, 2008, 10:32:51 am »
I'm doomed.

Like, SERIOUS doomed.

We have a project that counts as a ridiculous amount of my Sophomore English grade. It's a research paper.

I HAVE BARELY TOUCHED IT.

I can't find the heart to do my work anymore. I'd rather die than fail English (which is what is going to happen if I don't do this), but I'd rather die than start on that god damn paper! Plus, I don't know what's going on. Not because I don't understand, but because I missed a day of school.

A day.

A single 7 hours and 15 minutes of education and I might very well fail a project because I don't understand.

I hate the new system our school has incorporated. Essentially, we go from 7:30 to 1:45 every Monday through Friday and we do four over-an-hour classes all the time. Not only that, but at the semester end we all switch classes. So I have about half a year to finish my year's worth of Latin, Journalism, and English work, switch to Science, History, Math, and Art/Gym for the other half, then successfully pass the MCAS in English.

In spring.

And if I don't pass the MCAS, my entire life is on hold until I do.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 04, 2008, 10:40:07 am »
The compendium has a good bit of brains about it. I, at least, would be willing to try to help you on the paper in any way I could and I suspect you could find a few others as well. If you can get ahold of Daniel Krispin, I'm sure he'd have some prose-iful advice that might help as well.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 04, 2008, 07:38:28 pm »
I'm doomed.

Like, SERIOUS doomed.

We have a project that counts as a ridiculous amount of my Sophomore English grade. It's a research paper.

I HAVE BARELY TOUCHED IT.

I can't find the heart to do my work anymore. I'd rather die than fail English (which is what is going to happen if I don't do this), but I'd rather die than start on that god damn paper! Plus, I don't know what's going on. Not because I don't understand, but because I missed a day of school.

A day.

A single 7 hours and 15 minutes of education and I might very well fail a project because I don't understand.

I hate the new system our school has incorporated. Essentially, we go from 7:30 to 1:45 every Monday through Friday and we do four over-an-hour classes all the time. Not only that, but at the semester end we all switch classes. So I have about half a year to finish my year's worth of Latin, Journalism, and English work, switch to Science, History, Math, and Art/Gym for the other half, then successfully pass the MCAS in English.

In spring.

And if I don't pass the MCAS, my entire life is on hold until I do.

Believe it or not but I once had an assignment that was pretty much the exact same thing in the past(not sayng when for known reasons)and I bullsh**ted my way through the entire thing! We needed index cards with quotes on them. Never did em. My paper had to be 5 pages not double spaced at the minimum. Mine was 2 1/2 double spaced. It had to have all of it's specific required info. I got about 75% of that. On top of all of this I had Science which I was 2 months behind in, Social Studies which I was barely passing, math which I was fine in, tv production where I was also good, 2 plays I was in, community service and numerous other things in the way. I had a 63 and this counted as 60% of our grade and it would've held me back. I ended that quarter with a 78 in my english class.
How could such an unconcievable thing happen? I had a good status with the schools authority. I may have seemed like a somewhat teacher's pet and people didn't like that part of me. What no one knew is I purposely used that(and still do)strategy to my advantage in a way no one could see. You don't even need great status with them, just a good story(a specialty of mine is storytelling). It also helps when the story is believable and something I've practiced is you tell the truth but not entirely, tell what you feel like and then technically it isn't lying. You give out what they want and don't give out what they don't need to know, and give them a half assed job of a paper. As long as you aren't the student who is always getting in trouble and is untrustworthy, it works.
I told them that a ton of my papers blew away in the wind that morning and that I didn't know all the given information I needed to know to do the assignment. All of that was true but what I left out is that I didn't do some of it on purpose, I was outside because I was trying to skip out of it but had to sneak back in(METAL GEAR STYLE)because school security thought they saw me and I couldn't take any chances, and I missed the given information for the assignment because i asked to go to the bathroom but was taking care of... other business(no, not M4$t3RB8ion lolz zomg such a big deal to use that word zomgz).
I'd first suggest to attempt the paper with all your might, let nothing stand in your way.
If that fails, attempt to skip however you might do it.
And if you can't do that, then hand in what you've got(use the bathroom though a LOT before your english class)and hopefully you can do a good job with your story.
And if all else fails you are left with 2 options...
A.) Tell the truth and hope for the best.
B.) Pull a freaking GTA right there and hope for the best. Oh yeah, and run and never stop.
I'd suggest A though...

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 04, 2008, 07:52:56 pm »

I can relate. Just graduated college summa cum laude with a perfect GPA. Not trying to brag or anything, but it holds relevance to the fact that now I can't find a fucking job anywhere. I feel as if I worked my ass off in school for nothing, under the false notion that it would someday pay off for me. At least that's how I figured things would work in a perfect fucking world. Wrong. Now I just tutor kids in organic chemistry and biology, but it's barely enough to pay the bills.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 04, 2008, 09:33:34 pm »
If you can get ahold of Daniel Krispin, I'm sure he'd have some prose-iful advice that might help as well.
Yes, I know Daniel is, like, awesome. He helped me out with my Latin siggy, considering he's a Greek/Latin major.

I am trying to tackle this story. However, my particular topic has led me down a road that forces me to read a horrible book and I fear I might become a screaming fangirl of it. I'm exploring the changes of vampires in literature. I've already singled out Dracula as a source and a bunch of Anne Rice books are in. However, I have to actually READ Twilight.

If I have to do that, my brain will melt.

I'm going to do my best, but no guarantees. Considering I'm the Bipolar, emotionally challenged, actress/novelist who's gone through foster care and has horrible problems with both December and April (December 9/11th is when I got taken out of my house, April is just iffy with us), I think I'm good.