Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478709 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #600 on: November 18, 2008, 03:47:51 am »
Is people thinking you're having sex with your girlfriend really all that frustrating? >_>

It is when I bring up that I'm going to hang out with her their response is "Have you fucked her?"

Immature bastards...

Tell them they can go straight to hell.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 18, 2008, 04:32:46 am »
Is people thinking you're having sex with your girlfriend really all that frustrating? >_>

It is when I bring up that I'm going to hang out with her their response is "Have you fucked her?"

Immature bastards...

Sounds like you hang out with the cast of American Pie.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 23, 2008, 10:24:07 am »
I did something stupid last night.

I couldn't sleep, so I put on my glasses and turned on the light and played Pokemon Crystal. Then, I turned the game off, put the Gameboy on a sheet next to my bed, put my glasses on my sister's chair, and fell asleep.
When I woke up, it appeared as though the stuff on my sister's chair all fell down, including my glasses. So now, I can't find them. I can barely read what I'm typing rigth now! Gah!

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 24, 2008, 06:48:59 am »
Well, It's 5:43 AM.

I think I'll go to bed now.

I have Crew practice tomorrow. Er, today I should say. Girls' practice starts in 2 hours. I don't know about Boys' though. Which is a problem in itself, because I don't want to look like an idiot showing up at the boathouse at 4 PM on regular schedule when no one is there.

Well, fuck.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 24, 2008, 10:58:15 pm »
Gamestop.
Thanks to them I was going to get CTDS first thing but the one I ordered it from has the intelligence to have their shipment get shipped later on and it has completely thrown off my schedule(that i had been planning for months ahead of time!!!!!)and now not only will I be NOT the first one to have it but considering it's popularity by the time I do get at it if anyone else is actually going to get it I'm going to be dead last. And from what a friend has told me(since they now work there as of 2 weeks ago, which also sucks cause they told me maybe when i have a perfect record about a year ago and he has a crappy job record and they accepted him over me!!!)it sounds like I'm the only one who even knows what in the f&%@ Chrono Trigger is!!!!! So now people who aren't even into RPGs and think it is a DBZ ripoff are more likely to get it than me, and it is all because not only their ordering methods being off because they don't feel it's that important a game AND they told me a little too late.
If they tell me my copy was given away or anything along the lines of i can't have it, expect to see online something about deaths relating to Chrono Trigger. And I don't mean Crono.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 24, 2008, 11:10:52 pm »
All one sentence:
Thanks to them I was going to get CTDS first thing but the one I ordered it from has the intelligence to have their shipment get shipped later on and it has completely thrown off my schedule(that i had been planning for months ahead of time!!!!!)and now not only will I be NOT the first one to have it but considering it's popularity by the time I do get at it if anyone else is actually going to get it I'm going to be dead last.

Isn't the fact that people who don't even know what the hell CT is are buying it a good thing?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 24, 2008, 11:24:18 pm »
Normally yes. But I know most of the people my friend mentioned personally. They wouldn't give a rats ass about the game. Like i already said, these are the kind of people who look at it and think it is a spinoff of Dragonball Z. Someone even went as far as calling it lame for stealing character design from Blue Dragon.
These are people who are simply going to give it crap reviews, get it and play it once or twice, or just turn it back in soon after.
It's good to have new people play it, if the people are actually going to play it. Where I'm from, (roughly)about 95% of the people prefer war games to anything else. Gears of War, Halo, Call Of Duty, etc.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #607 on: November 25, 2008, 05:14:29 am »
Normally yes. But I know most of the people my friend mentioned personally. They wouldn't give a rats ass about the game. Like i already said, these are the kind of people who look at it and think it is a spinoff of Dragonball Z. Someone even went as far as calling it lame for stealing character design from Blue Dragon.
These are people who are simply going to give it crap reviews, get it and play it once or twice, or just turn it back in soon after.
It's good to have new people play it, if the people are actually going to play it. Where I'm from, (roughly)about 95% of the people prefer war games to anything else. Gears of War, Halo, Call Of Duty, etc.

It's the same here. Finding a CT fan is tough for you? Try finding an RPG fan here.

There's also the GENIUSES who believe Mario Kart is purely for kids and nothing compared to realistic driving games. And anything that looks even remotely foreign is Pokémon, obviously.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 25, 2008, 05:39:17 pm »
I feel your pain. I walk up to my friends and I say, "Guys, Chrono Trigger DS is coming out the 25th!"
I get a few responses.

Brandon (bastard!): Yeah, well, Sonic DS ((or whatever it is)) is coming out sooner! So nah! ((he went as far as to count down the days. I forgot what day it was today...))
Jay (really tall guy): ... so, anyway, about World of Warcraft...
Angel (fun Hispanic guy): Neat. Now, what's Chrono Trigger?
Jay2 (scrawny, sweaty smelling guy): Cool. I prefer my Pokemon, though. ((what's sad is that Jay2 is the ONLY one who's played the game))
Sister: That's nice.

The people I hang out with are generally video game freaks, but they prefer Sonic, WoW, and anime based games. Jay2 is getting back into Cross...

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 25, 2008, 05:56:06 pm »
At least you guys know people who have heard of CT.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 25, 2008, 07:02:26 pm »
The people I hang out with are generally video game freaks, but they prefer Sonic, WoW, and anime based games. Jay2 is getting back into Cross...

You lose your gamer status when you play WoW, because you turn Video Games into a chore.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 25, 2008, 07:18:26 pm »
There's also the GENIUSES who believe Mario Kart is purely for kids and nothing compared to realistic driving games. And anything that looks even remotely foreign is Pokémon, obviously.
- That's GTA now.  You can't have a game with driving around anymore unless it's some wannabe with a gun killing people for no apparent reason.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 25, 2008, 10:14:19 pm »

You lose your gamer status when you play WoW, because you turn Video Games into a chore.
He also seems to like fighting games. Then again, they're so that when he gets angry, he doesn't kill a real person.

I might try WoW... if it didn't cost money.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 25, 2008, 10:21:43 pm »
You think WoW is a turning gaming into a chore? Now that fighting games have been brought up, Fighters force you to spend months memorizing and perfecting ridiculously complex combos that an octopus would have trouble pressing the combinations of buttons needed to perform them, to still in the end be beaten by a 9 year old very precisely mashing buttons with his face.

(Though I still am an avid Fighter player to this day. Fuck, me.)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 25, 2008, 10:30:57 pm »
You think WoW is a turning gaming into a chore? Now that fighting games have been brought up, Fighters force you to spend months memorizing and perfecting ridiculously complex combos that an octopus would have trouble pressing the combinations of buttons needed to perform them, to still in the end be beaten by a 9 year old very precisely mashing buttons with his face.

(Though I still am an avid Fighter player to this day. Fuck, me.)

I don't play fighting games like that, just do the button mashing. helped me beat DOA, Soul Calibur and many more.

WoW forces you to pay, so it becomes a chore, because you have to make that 12 dollars a month count.