Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478928 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #495 on: October 05, 2008, 03:09:47 pm »
Yikes. I hate it when adults drag us kids into their arguments. Hopefully your stepdad won't walk out on your family and then manipulate you to feel bad for him when he winds up in an impoverished neighborhood.

I haven't even touched my computer. Not just because it's slow, but because the general area around it is a mess and I'm sick and tired of picking it up.

Magus's head had fallen off and his legs are cracked. Haven't found a camera. My mother has decided that when we have monies, I'm getting my hair cut. Right now, it goes down to the middle of my back. When it's cut, my hair will be SHOULDER LENGTH. There's an old picture of me with shoulder length hair.

We call it the Shannfro.

My hair curled up on itself and made an afro of my red hair. It drove me nuts. I hated Lori for that. She's responsible for the Shannfro, my first tasting of beer, my first experience with contacts, and the loss of my copy of Pokemon Sapphire. Mind you, all of these things were when I was 13.

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #496 on: October 07, 2008, 10:33:59 pm »
I wanna beat the heck out of FF.NET cause they won't let me in thinking I have an invalid user name and password combo yet my user name is the same as here.     I tried to reregister but it says I already have an account.      I don't get it.   

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 07, 2008, 11:39:15 pm »
Getting a good score on something when you know you should have done better. It is like coming in second in a race; you are the first looser. It is irritating, like listening to two fanatics of the opposite political party "discuss" the presidential candidates.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #498 on: October 07, 2008, 11:58:39 pm »
I wanna beat the heck out of FF.NET cause they won't let me in thinking I have an invalid user name and password combo yet my user name is the same as here.     I tried to reregister but it says I already have an account.      I don't get it.  

Maybe your SN isn't as unique as you thought.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 08, 2008, 12:00:22 am »
Maybe you should just put Quadforce, like I said. Or maybe just put Wanker. It fits.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 08, 2008, 12:16:49 am »
I got marked off on a paper today for calling the current situation the "Economic Crisis of 2008". The grader marked asserted that "crisis is a loaded word."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_crisis_of_2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

But I forgot: I'm living in Texas. Wingnuts have no need of reality; they create their own.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #501 on: October 08, 2008, 12:59:07 am »
Final Financial Crisis Core MMVIII

I guess "Final" would be even more loaded, huh...

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #502 on: October 08, 2008, 05:26:27 am »
Loaded, yes.

True, totally.

Look at the facts people. WWI Germany. World military superpower. Economic fallout occurred and they lost a war. Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Japan. Economic fallout in those countries caused their collapse.

THE USS FUCKING R. Military Ridiculous-power (beyond superpower and uberpower) fell due to AN ECONOMIC FALLOUT.

Is the United States of America next?

I think so friends. Time to move to Australia.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 08, 2008, 07:57:01 am »
I got marked off on a paper today for calling the current situation the "Economic Crisis of 2008". The grader marked asserted that "crisis is a loaded word."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_crisis_of_2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

But I forgot: I'm living in Texas. Wingnuts have no need of reality; they create their own.

Most scholars and "teachers" don't acknowledge wikipedia as a viable source of information.  if you quoted that in your paper that could have had some impact on their logic.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 08, 2008, 08:18:40 am »
Wasn't quoted or cited at all. That's just, as far as I've read in news and literature, the name of what's going down right now.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 08, 2008, 09:17:05 am »
The current crisis will go in the history books, for the kids and grandkids of the people of today.

That is bullshit.  Appeal the mark.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 08, 2008, 09:43:34 am »
Yup...  History books is where this is headed.  Gotta love the greed of humanity. 

Let's just hope it doesn't get worse (which it ultimately will in order to get better) so we can move past it and not repeat the same mistakes in the foreseeable future (which I also have a hard time believing).

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 08, 2008, 11:34:56 am »
The current crisis will go in the history books, for the kids and grandkids of the people of today.

I'm sorry, I just have to ask: what does that even mean? I feel like I am missing some meaning that you are trying to convey.

Where else would this be heading except the history books? History does tend to contain past events, this event will eventually be in the past; it seems obvious and irrelevant to say that the economic crisis is heading towards history books. Sort of like saying that the discoveries that will be made at CERN will be headed towards science books.

Of course this will go in the history books. The real question is, if "the kids and grandkids of the people of today" will even bother educating themselves on this in order to avoid the same behaviors, or if they'll ignore history and repeat this all again (assuming a simple model, it would happen when some of us might still be alive and retired on a limited income; thanks a lot, grandkids).

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 08, 2008, 11:47:10 am »
Of course it is going to be history, as is everything that is in the past is "history".  Some items are more prominent than others though and are studied in school.  That is what "going in the history books" was supposed to mean.  Is that clear enough for you?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 08, 2008, 01:17:36 pm »
Sorry, I wasn't clear. My point was, you're being melodramatic. Of course the crisis will be in the history books. But regardless of its "prominence" in history, it will be just as easy for people to ignore as any other part of history. Instead of saying that this will be one for the history books, you should be saying that people need to read their history books. The only way for people to regard these events with the gravity they deserve is for them to be aware of them in the first place. Under the current situation, to say that this is one for the history books is the same as saying it is one to be forgotten and ignored. I suspect that is not the ultimate meaning you were intending to convey.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:24:47 pm by Thought »