Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 478639 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #480 on: October 02, 2008, 12:25:06 pm »
Kidney stones I can see ranking pretty damn high, but I have severe doubts it surpasses natural childbirth.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 02, 2008, 02:13:53 pm »
I'm a bit dubious myself, but that is what those experienced in both tell me. Supposedly child birth is less painful because the pain comes in waves, so you get a break in between. Kidney Stones, not so much. And then there is the fact that people who just gave birth are essentially high on oxytocin, so I'm sure that always skews there perspective a bit.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 02, 2008, 06:57:50 pm »
I don't think I've met anyone who's had kidney stones. But my mom's into watching those baby shows, and the ladies who have natural births are always screaming. Plus, consider this: Back in Victorian ages, us women had to have a bunch of kids with NO medicine to make the pain stop.

I'm STILL upset about my computer. My brother is a jackass. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's perfect and the rest of us are the flawed underlings. If I did half the shit he did, I would be in a hospital. Funnily enough, he's been doing the same jackassy type shit for 21 years. He still lives with us.

I'm also upset because I couldn't post my SoY yesterday. My mom's computer randomly crashes. It says something about a physical memory dump.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:04 pm »
No problem. I've been tracking mine offline in a text file, but now that I have Internet I'll start posting again.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 02, 2008, 08:57:27 pm »
I've just been too lazy to update it in my free time, and by free time I mean the 20 minutes out of everyday in which school isn't eating at my life energy.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 03, 2008, 05:42:34 am »
For a while now, I've been wondering where I'll spend election night. With friends? At a party? With family?

Then I remembered, I have a night class.

That class had better be prepared for me to receive an important text message and subsequently shout.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 03, 2008, 04:40:02 pm »
No theater in this city is showing Religulous.

I am in the land of Joe Sixpacks and Hockey Moms, after all...

It also now seems that my church friends are avoiding me on Facebook since I became a vocal Obama supporter. Glad to know our fun experiences ultimately mean nothing.

This godforsaken world...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:47:23 pm by ZeaLitY »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 03, 2008, 05:11:46 pm »
I hate woman voters. I can say this because I'm not a voter. You see, they're so stupid sometimes. It's like, 'Oh, a woman is running for president but her ideas are stupid? I'll vote for her! Oh, a woman has been chosen as the VP nominee? I'll vote for him because when he dies, we'll have a woman in office! Even though said woman isn't very intelligent and the dude doesn't do anything for me!"

GAH!

It's stupid how we judge each other for our opinions and our race and our gender. You know what, ZeaLitY? If your friends avoid you for your choice of president, screw them, they aren't good friends!

Speaking of which, I actually asked someone here if they were you. They're a weird Chrono freak. Oh, well.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 03, 2008, 05:19:36 pm »
Well, Sarah Palin's less popular among women than men right now, so I guess you can start hating sexist men, too. Yeah ,they...I'm disappointed in them. It just really sucks to have childhood friends be so fair-weathered.

I did tell someone I'm ZeaLitY last night, so I wonder how that's going to go over. Unfortunately, I still haven't met anyone who has played CT and CC and KNOWS about the Chrono Compendium.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #489 on: October 03, 2008, 10:05:45 pm »
I did tell someone I'm ZeaLitY last night, so I wonder how that's going to go over. Unfortunately, I still haven't met anyone who has played CT and CC and KNOWS about the Chrono Compendium.

It's funny, I read that in a sort of "I told someone I'm Spider-Man last night" way. Hope it doesn't end up messy, though.

I don't think I've met anyone in this country who has played CT or CC besides the friends I made play it. Then again, it's Ireland, where RPG fans are scarce and CT and CC were never released.

Frustrating me lately: Constant delays on our fucking tumble dryer being delivered. Delayed every week, sometimes twice.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 03, 2008, 10:07:08 pm »
I'm considering asking them if they're anyone ELSE really well-versed here. Like KebreI or Thought. Or... someone else who's name eludes me at the time.

The most fun thing to play with is Play-Doh. Too bad it won't stay for long. I made a Play-Doh Magus. He's so cute. Even though his right leg is bigger than his left and his boots and gloves are off. Plus, he doesn't use the color scheme I usually use (GOLD PANTS YES). And he has no face. But he's cute!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #491 on: October 03, 2008, 10:12:11 pm »
I'm considering asking them if they're anyone ELSE really well-versed here. Like KebreI or Thought. Or... someone else who's name eludes me at the time.

Imagine if they replied "teaflower" and you ended up in a scary Chrono plot involving time travel...

The most fun thing to play with is Play-Doh. Too bad it won't stay for long. I made a Play-Doh Magus. He's so cute. Even though his right leg is bigger than his left and his boots and gloves are off. Plus, he doesn't use the color scheme I usually use (GOLD PANTS YES). And he has no face. But he's cute!

That's just awesome.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 03, 2008, 10:30:28 pm »
Yes, but he's hard to take care of. His hair came off. Now his head fell off. *facepalm* Ah! There's his leg. His arms and cape are doing well, though.

If they could instantly recognize me as Tea, I'd eat my backpack. And my friend's hat.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 05, 2008, 02:20:01 am »
Since nightmare975 is my moniker, plus I've shown my face, someone is bound to one day meet me on the streets.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 05, 2008, 04:03:30 am »
It's 3 AM right now, I'm about to leave my house. My mother and stepfather have been fighting all day, and I recently was dragged into the middle of it. I hate this place, nothing good ever happens here. I'm sneaking out into a nearby wooded area I've discovered, a place were I can find peace in myself.

Yet I have to come back, day after day... Ugh.

Just 3 more years. 3 more years and I can get out of this hellhole. 3 more years...