Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472855 times)

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2008, 01:14:12 pm »
Edge replaces Yang.

That's not a bad thing. I love the steal skill, especially in DS because when you steal Dark Matter from the last boss you can fight the hardest enemy in the game on the next time through.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 06, 2008, 03:48:50 am »
I will finally give in to psychiatry and say I suffer from depression not just down in the dumps. I can't draw myself out of the house sometimes, I chronically cry, I obsesses over losses and forget victories, I hurt myself purposely, and am physically ill constantly. I need something thats appealing and new, I will NOT take prescription drugs, it the weak way out and the expensive way.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2008, 10:13:41 pm »
Well, that sounds pleasant. Maybe you should try a sport, get a cool hobby. Maybe you should try talking with a doctor. But, yeah, meds need to be JUST RIGHT. I think I got put on Zoloft or Zyrtec (a Z medicine) once for my bipolar. I don't think that ended well.

Here's what I'm upset about. I have a friend (not revealing their name) who has a sibling in college. This sibling has some... issues. The sibling can't handle college at this point and needs to come home. So now, my friend is constantly griping about it. It's extremely annoying. The way I see it, this sibling was going to come home eventually. They weren't going to stay in Vermont all the time!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2008, 12:38:05 am »
I will finally give in to psychiatry and say I suffer from depression not just down in the dumps. I can't draw myself out of the house sometimes, I chronically cry, I obsesses over losses and forget victories, I hurt myself purposely, and am physically ill constantly. I need something thats appealing and new, I will NOT take prescription drugs, it the weak way out and the expensive way.

Everything begins with desire. You desire something, but you do not have it, which creates suffering. Find out what you desire.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2008, 12:51:26 am »

Everything begins with desire. You desire something, but you do not have it, which creates suffering. Find out what you desire.

But what you desire sometimes causes much more suffering.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #425 on: September 07, 2008, 02:10:51 pm »

But what you desire sometimes causes much more suffering.

All the more reason to determine what it actually is. The greater your knowledge, the more able you are to solve and overcome problems in life.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 08, 2008, 05:17:16 am »
I think it maybe dance, I don't know...I have never been into the arts of any sort save writing, and I only read never wrote, in fact I scoffed at many artists. I reasoned that although there talented and they enjoy them selves, never with the be as well off or accepted as those who pursue mathematics, history, medicine, military, etc. Over the past several months the idea has completely died, all though I still seek academic more I find new appreciation for the arts and enjoy them much more. In fact I went from dabbling in smooth dance at Kaity's Ballroom, to registering for dance classes at the college in place of my normal preference (in this case Chem 251). I don't know why but I just WANT to learn how. There are many things I would like, only a few I really truly desire, and it seems only one I am able to accomplish.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #427 on: September 08, 2008, 07:44:52 pm »
Dance is clearly one of them that's part sport (I'd say as much) as it is part art. Especially the ballroom type stuff.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2008, 08:00:28 pm »
Edge replaces Yang.

That's not a bad thing. I love the steal skill, especially in DS because when you steal Dark Matter from the last boss you can fight the hardest enemy in the game on the next time through.

Yeah, but Edge is a jerk and Yang was awesome. D:

Plus the way Yang's written out of your party is utterly downright stupid.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 09, 2008, 01:39:27 am »
Edge replaces Yang.

I have to admit, a lot of the character deaths party removal sucks.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:41:05 am by nightmare975 »

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #430 on: September 09, 2008, 01:56:01 am »
Edge replaces Yang.

I have to admit, a lot of the character deaths party removal sucks.

Which is why I actually liked the GBA version the absolute best. Had the most side quests and you could actually get all of those characters back.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2008, 11:49:14 am »
Nobel laureates (specifically, winners of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine).

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2008, 03:26:31 pm »
Which is why I actually liked the GBA version the absolute best. Had the most side quests and you could actually get all of those characters back.

Yeah, me too. I don't get why people say the GBA versions are the worst of the old FF games when they've given so many additions to them.

Although it's too bad Cid's still useless in FFIVA.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 10, 2008, 03:58:25 pm »
Although it's too bad Cid's still useless in FFIVA.

Wha? Cid was a kickass character in FFIV, so how could he "still" be useless when he was never useless in the first place? His Hammers were powerful advantages in combat.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 10, 2008, 05:40:46 pm »
I fucking hate my geometry teacher, I fucking hate her more than anything in existance.  Tell me, anybody, how one can turn in every piece of homework, do every extra credit assignment, and get at least a C on every test and somehow manage a 60% marking period average.

She just says, "No, you have D." in her stupid, idiotic accent and she smacks her lips. I know i should be at least in the top five goddamn students, and I'm at the bottom of the class. This is pure, unadulterated, Grade A  Bullshit.