Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 472999 times)

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Myndflame.com (or) myspace.com/sterence
    • View Profile
    • My teams movie site. Myndflame movies are ours
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #375 on: August 15, 2008, 06:54:51 am »
Kilfer lost and utterly confused

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 15, 2008, 08:12:48 am »
Kilfer lost and utterly confused

Click his 2nd quote header and read.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 15, 2008, 01:28:24 pm »
Emergency Rooms.

A 4 hour wait for painkillers is unacceptable (especially when the individual is barely able to maintain conciousness because the pain is so great). An 8 hour wait for a simple diagnosis is ridiculous.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #378 on: August 15, 2008, 02:34:34 pm »
Ugh, that's despicable. What part of "Emergency" is unclear?

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2008, 10:43:22 pm »
"Doctor, this man needs antibiotics Now!"

"I'm on my lunch break."

- 99% of all hospital emergency room experiences.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #380 on: August 18, 2008, 04:14:15 am »
That's when you just start rifling (works best equipped with a rifle) through things for what you need.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 18, 2008, 10:39:40 am »
To be fair, Emergency Rooms often serve a very different purpose for some individuals than we might normally except from the name "Emergency Room." That is, it is relatively common for individuals without insurance to use ER's like a general practicioner. ER's wont turn people away who don't have insurance and, if the individual can't pay, the hospital has to eat the cost. Thus, "ER doctors" (and by "ER doctors" I mean M.D.'s, P.A., and Nurse Practicioners) see a lot of people who do not have an emergency in any sense of the word. One of the best arguments for universal health care is that Emergency Rooms might then be exclusively for Emergencies again. Yet even at that, ERs seem to be constantly understaffed.

Considering that the ER in question was attached to one of the nations largest medical schools, however, does not speak well for the University or the national health system in general.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2008, 11:58:09 pm »
I fell off my bike and could not hold a controler for the life of me It was tourchture but after three days my hands are some what better and I can some what hold a controler in my hand put my proformance at video game is suffering a lot. I will kill all the gravle in the world now excuse me *goes on crusade to kill all gravle*

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 21, 2008, 03:05:11 am »
To be fair, Emergency Rooms often serve a very different purpose for some individuals than we might normally except from the name "Emergency Room." That is, it is relatively common for individuals without insurance to use ER's like a general practicioner. ER's wont turn people away who don't have insurance and, if the individual can't pay, the hospital has to eat the cost. Thus, "ER doctors" (and by "ER doctors" I mean M.D.'s, P.A., and Nurse Practicioners) see a lot of people who do not have an emergency in any sense of the word. One of the best arguments for universal health care is that Emergency Rooms might then be exclusively for Emergencies again. Yet even at that, ERs seem to be constantly understaffed.

Considering that the ER in question was attached to one of the nations largest medical schools, however, does not speak well for the University or the national health system in general.

My dad fell unconscious for about a minute before the ambulance arrived and quoted his blood sugar at about 319 (80-110 is an average). They rushed him to the hospital where me and my mom soon followed pursuit.

Upon arrival the doctor informed us his blood sugar was fine so there was some mistake with the equipment the EMT used was faulty. We waited for HOURS (literally, hours, upon hours) for the results of an xray that should've taken 20 mins (according to them).

Eventually they said there was nothing wrong. We left at 4am right after we got off of work.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 22, 2008, 11:41:42 pm »

My dad fell unconscious for about a minute before the ambulance arrived and quoted his blood sugar at about 319 (80-110 is an average). They rushed him to the hospital where me and my mom soon followed pursuit.

Upon arrival the doctor informed us his blood sugar was fine so there was some mistake with the equipment the EMT used was faulty. We waited for HOURS (literally, hours, upon hours) for the results of an xray that should've taken 20 mins (according to them).

Eventually they said there was nothing wrong. We left at 4am right after we got off of work.

Well at least he's okay. so no harm done just time wasted

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2008, 06:10:29 am »
Oh see I was tired, forgot to mention my main irritant while I was there.

They were using really, really anal respiratory monitors, though we didn't know they were anal. So he was sleeping, and his heartbeat would be stable, then it'd dip lower, and lower. A yellow light comes on with a quiet but notable beep, no one comes. Then, it turns red, gets very loud, still, no one moves, so I walk out, grab someone, and drag them in. Wait no, first I requested someone, at the yellow light, no one came, and THEN I dragged someone in.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 23, 2008, 06:17:10 pm »
Fell asleep with my laptop on last night, woke up to nice big burn mark on my wooden desk.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 24, 2008, 12:30:52 am »
They were using really, really anal respiratory monitors, though we didn't know they were anal...

Two things:

1. Respirators sort of need to be connected to the lungs somehow, not the ass, to function at all.
2. Seriously, you didn't know? How do you not notice something like that?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 30, 2008, 03:45:19 am »
When you've known some one for a long time then suddenly forget her name. There is really no recovery, especial when I've known her for three years.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 30, 2008, 02:36:14 pm »
When you've known some one for a long time then suddenly forget her name. There is really no recovery, especial when I've known her for three years.

Oh look, a troll. Nice job on trying to be to copy Kebrel, but you fail, hope you get banned.