Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 473080 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #360 on: August 01, 2008, 11:38:37 pm »
Scars are almost always cool. Where did you get it from (& if the story's lame, make something up! :P)?

I hate how the FFTA2 system is now only relevant to YOU and has no bearing what-so-ever on the enemies...but at least they made it matter less when you break them, I guess (just extra items & w/e special judge power you chose prior)...

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 02, 2008, 12:04:34 am »
Scars are almost always cool. Where did you get it from (& if the story's lame, make something up! :P)?
Surgery; had to have it on my shoulder 'cause it kept dislocating(how it got dislocated in the first place... that's another story. :lol:).

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2008, 12:58:22 pm »
I hate how the FFTA2 system is now only relevant to YOU and has no bearing what-so-ever on the enemies...but at least they made it matter less when you break them, I guess (just extra items & w/e special judge power you chose prior)...

I've been hearing a lot of negative comments regarding FFTA2, particularly in the law system, since it's stuck on a specific ruling for each mission rather than being able to walk around until it's changed as you see fit (ala FFTA1). That's pretty much why I'm avoiding it, plus I still haven't finished the first game (or FFT for that matter).

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2008, 05:21:14 pm »
The whole "Set Law" aspect of FFA2 simply requires the player to USE their intellect and skill.  It encourages active intelligence and strategy.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »
The whole "Set Law" aspect of FFA2 simply requires the player to USE their intellect and skill.  It encourages active intelligence and strategy.
Meh... trust me, if you want to play a FFT game that requires "active intelligence and strategy" this isn't it; the game basically forces artificial limitations to provide difficulty(that's not ingenuity─that's laziness.) where game mechanics and power balancing should be doing the job. Btw, have you played the FFT 1.3 patch─it's brutal. http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=449

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 02, 2008, 09:24:19 pm »
I think it's still a game worth playing/getting...I haven't noticed much story-wise that connects it to FFTA (which I haven't finished either)...The Law/Judge system is only a small part of it and, while annoying, doesn't really change my view of the game being good.

Is there a Tactics Ogre game on DS yet? That's what needs to happen...The Knight of Lodis on GBA is awesome!

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 02, 2008, 11:54:53 pm »
I think it's still a game worth playing/getting...I haven't noticed much story-wise that connects it to FFTA (which I haven't finished either)...The Law/Judge system is only a small part of it and, while annoying, doesn't really change my view of the game being good.

Is there a Tactics Ogre game on DS yet? That's what needs to happen...The Knight of Lodis on GBA is awesome!
If they did an enhanced remake package of a bundled KoL and LUCT(Let Us Cling Together), I'd buy it as LUCT is a direct sequel to KoL. Namely polish the graphics/audio of KoL and add the features of KoL to LUCT(summons, link-capabilities, etc.).

Ramsus

« Reply #367 on: August 03, 2008, 04:05:15 pm »
Damn you Texas! I definitely have a pretty good farmer's tan now. I should go to the pool or something and even it out...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 04, 2008, 10:12:50 am »
Damn you Texas!

Truer words were never spoken.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 04, 2008, 11:27:48 pm »
Texas is indeed Hell on Earth. Everyone there owns a gun, it's hot as Hades, President Bush was manufactured there, and even Smog first formed in that state.

Okay, I lied about the Smog, but I needed something to top it off. I was on a roll.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 05, 2008, 12:43:36 am »
Okay, I lied about the Smog, but I needed something to top it off. I was on a roll.

Which reminds me I $%*! hate Raymond Burr.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #371 on: August 05, 2008, 07:41:16 pm »
FFIVDS omitted the optional scene where you get yelled at for not following the script.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 05, 2008, 08:25:33 pm »
FFIVDS omitted the optional scene where you get yelled at for not following the script.

Whuh? I don't get it.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #373 on: August 06, 2008, 06:47:44 pm »

Whuh? I don't get it.

Maybe someone just lied to me at some point or I'm getting confused with another game, but I could've sworn if you say "No" to the Fabul king's request for help several times, a FFIV developer walks in and yells at you for not following the script.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 15, 2008, 05:51:06 am »
I'm going to kill that fucking bastard.

Censored names and Arnold's last name, I never knew his name was Arnold.

Hello, this is *****'s (Sally) father, I remember talking to you after your friend killed himself. You and your other friends, ******** (Jill) and ***** (Alice) were there as well. I've come to find out that those two are together, as in, a homosexual relationship. My family is clearly against that lifestyle, so I'm going to ask you to tell your two "friends" to stay away from my daughter. In fact, i want you to stay away as well, the three of you have the chance of infecting my poor child with your sickening ways.

Thank You very, much

Arnold ***********

What kind of brings a smile to my face, despite what he has just said is something I posted here that he has no idea about, and if he did, I'd be fucking dead.

Let's go back in time shall we?

A month or so ago, there was this girl, Sally who was doing a play with me. It was raining, so I offered her a ride in my car. Long story short, we fucked. In my car.

Fuck you Arnold, or should I say, I FUCKED YOUR DAUGHTER ALREADY! HOW SWEET AND PURE DO YOU THINK SHE IS NOW!?