Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 479491 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2730 on: April 27, 2009, 11:51:02 pm »
Depends on which GameFAQs board you're perusing I think. In the PSX -> Xenogears board, I had some great conversations with the English-speaking world's prevailing "Xeno-scholars" recently. Not a bad time at all; reminded me of the Compendium.

As an example of non-idiotic GameFAQs discourse...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=199365&topic=49205683

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: April 28, 2009, 12:08:05 am »
Youtube comments are always good for a laugh though. I love reading the comments on the science videos with all the idiots trying to figure out how it is done / claiming that it is fake and made via video editing.

If you think giving yourself aneurysms are funny, yeah, Youtube comments are a blast.

Current gripe: I ave absolutely no free time. Outside of School, spending time with Mara (which is going very well, thank you), and devoting two hours a night to a personal game project I'm working on, I barely have times to take a meaningful piss these days, let alone catch up on stuff here.

Anyone have secrets on time management?

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 28, 2009, 12:56:14 am »
As an example of non-idiotic GameFAQs discourse...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=199365&topic=49205683

That's interesting Faust, I always thought Elru was on the northeastern continent for some reason - I'm not sure why I always assumed that, but I definitely didn't know it was on Taura's continent. Also, where in the game script does it say Sigmund was from Elru? I've played Xenogears multiple times, it being one of my favorite games and all, and I somehow overlooked that little tidbit of information.

I think the Xenogears boards are populated by people like that because anyone that doesn't like a deep and thought-provoking story (read:stupid) likely wouldn't make it through the first few hours of Xenogears without abandoning it.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 28, 2009, 02:25:43 am »
Yeah, I totally forgot Elru was on the world map at all, hah. An atrociously dedicated fan named Ichiban recently (like, 2009 recently) did the world's first 99.9% complete English translation of Xenogears: Perfect Works and it's mentioned that Kaiser Sigmund was from Elru in there. It probably wasn't even mentioned in the game script, or at least not prominently.

I guess I'll make my frustration for this post the fact that Masato Kato never came clean with the Chrono world's deepest secrets like Takahashi did with Xenogears for the most part. Then again, Kato probably wanted to reserve material for future Chrono installments whereas Takahashi may have known there wasn't a snowball's chance of completing Xenogears.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 28, 2009, 05:21:50 am »
I guess I'll make my frustration for this post the fact that Masato Kato never came clean with the Chrono world's deepest secrets like Takahashi did with Xenogears for the most part. Then again, Kato probably wanted to reserve material for future Chrono installments whereas Takahashi may have known there wasn't a snowball's chance of completing Xenogears.

This reminds me of the huge Q and A sessions with J.K. Rowling, which makes me wonder at the prospect of a Chrono series' "Dumbledore is gay" moment... Imagine the possibilities, and as Rowling said after her big revelation, "Think of the fan fiction."

And, typical frustrations:  Too much to do, to much I want to do, not enough time, why does my head hurt? etc..

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 28, 2009, 05:35:57 am »
OK:

48 chemistry topics to finish in 2 days.

each topic can consist of from me doing 2 problems quick to me messing up the problem 3 times then having to get it right 4 times in a row.

after X many topics (not that many, like 10 to 20) I will be given a "review" of the topics i did... ...in which afterwards i will either be given credit for topics i havent done yet or lose credit for topics I already did.  the review will often consist of 25 questions.

so... mean value of 5 q per t....

48 * 5 = 245 questions, + 2 * 25 =

... Basically i have almost 300 questions to do within the next 2 days... each question taking 1 to 3 minutes each...

so 2*300 is 600
600/60 = 10.

10. 10 fucking hours.

Damn... this sucks.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: April 28, 2009, 07:01:22 am »
Ouch!

As lame as this may sound, when I really have to buckle down and do mentally taxing things for a long time I find that simple yogic-style breathing is helpful.  So, say, after each problem a take a break and spend about 20 seconds taking the deepest breaths you can, and then try to remember to long deep breathing as much as possible.  Flooding the brain with oxygen is better than any energy drink, or coffee... alright maybe not coffee.

Complex carbs like potatoes work well in conjunction with this^.

Frustrations: Same as before, yadda yadda.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: April 28, 2009, 10:40:19 am »
Anyone have secrets on time management?

Slave labour.

I agree that there's far too much "diety worship" in the United States.
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3184/dietbiblee.png
We need to do something about this phenomenon. It's been dictating people's behavior for over...a decade.
Wait, what? 

While I could be wrong, I am fairly sure Fausty was commenting on the religious nature of the weight industry in the western world. Thinness being considered next to godliness, fat being a sin worthy of excommunication, the central role that weight and weight management plays in our lives, etc. That is certainly one religion I wouldn't mind seeing in decline.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2738 on: April 28, 2009, 02:13:43 pm »
Yeah, I totally forgot Elru was on the world map at all, hah. An atrociously dedicated fan named Ichiban recently (like, 2009 recently) did the world's first 99.9% complete English translation of Xenogears: Perfect Works and it's mentioned that Kaiser Sigmund was from Elru in there. It probably wasn't even mentioned in the game script, or at least not prominently.

Huh. I thought there was only one character from Elru, and that was the point of bringing up that former place.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 28, 2009, 02:38:11 pm »
While I could be wrong, I am fairly sure Fausty was commenting on the religious nature of the weight industry in the western world. Thinness being considered next to godliness, fat being a sin worthy of excommunication, the central role that weight and weight management plays in our lives, etc. That is certainly one religion I wouldn't mind seeing in decline.

I am a Christian myself...
But, don't worry you guys, I won't shove things down your throught or throw pamphlets at you... (how do you even spell pamphlets?)

*sigh*
Our good nature given a bad name by so many people...

But yeah, agreed about that weight thing...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 28, 2009, 03:39:26 pm »
Well, what Thought said, and the fact that Pyt Fumv typed "diety worship" when it should have been "deity worship." Then I saw the "dieter's Bible" and just had to point it out with a pun. 8)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 28, 2009, 03:51:51 pm »
My current frustration: that I totally didn't notice Faust's pun.

I am ashamed of my oversight in that regard. I should be punished.

Okay, maybe using that pun is just making things worse for me.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 28, 2009, 04:26:32 pm »
Here we go....

I'm sick of the shit that is being flung at one Michael Vick.  I'm so sick and tired of all tehse groups including PETA who would never turn down a chance to get some publicity while crucifying someone.  I'm so sick of all the hate for what Michael Vick "did."

Is the situation really scrwed up and evil?  Sure.  I don't think anyone disagrees with that.  The REAL gripe I'm having here actually has nothing to do with Vick himself, just when was the last time we got this up in arms for OTHER PEOPLE!?  Living or otherwise, fighting or not, cute or not, they're DOGS, the things we describe beggars and vagabonds as, they're not people!!!!!  Don't read this as I'm inhumane or ignorant towards the plight of poor pet ownership (I'm sure Crono Eric can testify that it is indeed a massive problem) but rather...let's use this energy and focus to something for fellow man, not his best friend.

There I said it.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 28, 2009, 05:37:41 pm »
I didn't know there was a number for suicidal problems and I am getting a cell-phone soon.
 I'll keep it in mind as I do tend to feel suicidal at times.    It's not enough to get me locked up but I really do get them like a movie. :picardno   

This frustration thread actually helps me not think suicidal thoughts.

I have an understanding as to why.     

I have had an accident since years ago and I hurted my tailbone and when I am in pain it causes my whole body to lock-up and it's gotten very bad since it wasn't taken care of due to reasons I won't explain out here in the open.     PM me if you are intrested as I'll listen even if I don't respond in a timely matter.     

I've recently discovered that when I am in pain I just lock up.  I am not sure if it's an Autistic thing or not.  Talk about Planet Weird!  :? :?

I am getting seen by a chiropracter on May 7th so I am not going to be on here until then as I just do simple stuff and am going to school also.     

PS:  When I get back I am going to find out about making my own RPG cause I have an idea but I don't do well with ideas while in the motion of pain.   

Cya!

PSS. Shee I don't know who Vick is but I understand your frustration when organize groups make a big deal out of stuff that's not as important as say.......The economy crisis and all the goverment lies.   

We should just worry about fixing our country before we start crucifying someone even though ti's wrong period to crucifix someone like that.         

Sorry if that was confusing.     Shutting up now.   (zips lip)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 28, 2009, 05:45:54 pm »
PS: I gave you a serious PM IamSarge.