Author Topic: My Hack Project: The Forsaken Demesne  (Read 3270 times)

DivineDragoonKain

My Hack Project: The Forsaken Demesne
« on: January 30, 2005, 09:33:41 pm »
I don't mean to spam the forums with my constant topics, so this'll be the last one for a while.

Thanks to ZeaLitY and all the others who have been so kind to me, I think I'm ready to create a hack. It will be a 40+ floor dungeon called the Forsaken Demesne, which will feature enemies in increasing power, from pathetic to Damn you Chickenlump! difficulties. I plan to do this by removing several areas from the game and rearranging them together(completely retiling many areas), as well as adding said enemies. Bosses will be frequent as well, and other things will burrow their way in as time passes.

The focus of this project is to breathe some fresh challenge (among other things) into CT.

The nature of this multi-era time anomoly means the game will have to be severely changed. So many things will be different, you might not recognize it as the original game. *hint hint*

(In case you didn't catch the hint, the Forsaken Demesne will not be the entire focus of the hack)

So, wish me luck! No set date on a demo, but that's just the way it is. =P

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 04:35:44 am »
I used to think I was spamming the board with my modification threads as well, but that's partially why the Kajar Laboratories forum was created I suppose, so post away. :)

Neat idea, I look forward to the challenges, even the 'Damn you Chickenlump' challenges. :lol:

Can't wait to see more, even if it's just the ideas. Ideas = inspiration.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 12:23:24 am »
Added to Fan Projects. I may actually collaborate with this if I get some time, since it isn't craphazardly monumental like CE, and would give me some experience with TF.

Chrono Break haunts like a spectre over all of this, though. I'll probably have to remove myself from everything under the sun to do CB stuff if it ever comes out. All our analysis will also have to be refigured.

But hey, that's where the fun is at.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 12:47:55 am »
Of course.  If he doesn't change our entire perception of the world, then he's not doing his job. ;)

DivineDragoonKain

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 09:45:06 am »
I think it would be appropriate to mention this project has been put on indefinite hiatus until further notice. =)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: My Hack Project: The Forsaken Demesne
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 05:19:35 pm »
I don't get why people unregister from the Compendium. Maybe someone offended DDK or something, but unregistering is a pretty bold step.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 06:38:03 pm »
He mighta just got rid of his account because he doesn't go here often anymore but who knows.

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 09:53:37 pm »
So, you didn't give up on the project after all?