Author Topic: Evolution of Mystics  (Read 51550 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2006, 08:03:28 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
He was joking. Yes, high exposure to Magic would cause him to look the way he does... After Chrono Trigger he would stop using Magic as much as he did as a Mystic, and viola, you have handsome Magil.

You're f***ing joking me.... Magus IS ABLE TO TIME TRAVEL! Do you know how much energy that'd take if it took Belthasar years to create a time travelling machine, and Gaspar a time egg.

From the way that Magil has so much knowledge of monsters, of everything on their journey, he has been practising magic for a very long time, even after CT.

And geez, look at Queen Zeal. She's not screwed up, or Gaspar, or Belthasar. There is nothing in the game to show that magic changes people, even if it's Shadow.

Heck, the point of making him look different may have been for that purpose exactally - to make him more noticable and bad ass. It doesn't have to be explained. Remember who did this.. Akira Toriyama.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2006, 02:48:32 pm »
Yeah actually if you look at Magus he is a mix of Picollo and Vegeta... maybe he used face altering magic?  Maybe it was so he fit in more with the mystics?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 03:17:09 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
He was joking. Yes, high exposure to Magic would cause him to look the way he does... After Chrono Trigger he would stop using Magic as much as he did as a Mystic, and viola, you have handsome Magil.

You're f***ing joking me.... Magus IS ABLE TO TIME TRAVEL! Do you know how much energy that'd take if it took Belthasar years to create a time travelling machine, and Gaspar a time egg.

From the way that Magil has so much knowledge of monsters, of everything on their journey, he has been practising magic for a very long time, even after CT.

And geez, look at Queen Zeal. She's not screwed up, or Gaspar, or Belthasar. There is nothing in the game to show that magic changes people, even if it's Shadow.

Heck, the point of making him look different may have been for that purpose exactally - to make him more noticable and bad ass. It doesn't have to be explained. Remember who did this.. Akira Toriyama.

Magus is able to time travel? That's an assumption. We don't know if the CT/CC Magus is able to. We only know that the RD Magil somehow made his way to 1,0xxAD. It could be thanks to a lot of reasons. Being in 12,000BC at the end of CT, Magus could have found Belthasar's old lab or the secret island where Gaspar was supposed to work. He could have found a Time Egg or the original Epoch, or blueprints for him to build one or the other. Or Lucca in the present, having found Kid, could also have easily brought him to 1,0xxAD with the latter Epoch.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 03:30:14 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Magus could have found Belthasar's old lab or the secret island where Gaspar was supposed to work.

Nah, that was probably in Zeal, and Zeal's quiet under the surface.

Remember who did this.. Akira Toriyama.

We're talking plot-wise, this kind of talk doesn't really fit into that catagory. Yes, Toryiama sucks, but they still have to adjust themselves to the plot. They woulden't of changed Magus if they didn't see how that can happan, and to be honest, it's them that count, not you, not us. They changed him, meaning they have an explanation plot-wise. So please, stop bringing up errors in the development and\or art.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2006, 03:33:38 pm »
Cause you know, it's not like the simplest answer is usually the right answer or anything....

right?

Oh.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2006, 03:35:27 pm »
Yeah, except the answer touches another topic.

"Look, Serge's hair is blue!"

"So what, it's because the artists drew him this way."

"And...? I was asking for an answer in the plot."

"So? Screw you, we're looking for the SIMPLE answer, not the one that actually has to do with the PLOT of an RPG..."

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2006, 04:56:10 pm »
Yeah, except the answer touches another topic.

"Look, Serge's hair is blue!"

"So what, it's because the artists drew him this way."

"And...? I was asking for an answer in the plot."

"So? Screw you, we're looking for the SIMPLE answer, not the one that actually has to do with the PLOT of an RPG..."

:D :D :D

You're not the idiot i'm talking about, it was this other guy >.>

Now.

1) You just insulted Magus. What, is he a preppy, drag queen now? Get real. Come on, he also has red eyes and pointy ears, and is pale..

2) Umm, The people of Ioka had blue and pink hair... And that's genes... even Serge and Riddle, and Karsh has purple..

3) Do you seriously believe Zeal would do stuff like that when her only goal is to become immortal and all powerful?

4) Schala is super human. The thing that kept her from doing stuff like rebelling was her ethics towards her mother, elders and people. Her sustaining the TD is enough to show that.

Don't make this seem light hearted. I love Schala, and she's my favourite NPC of all time....

:D :D :D

1) Old habits die hard... Yes I do believe many people would do things like that if they were able (if it were in thier upbringing).

2)How do YOU know it was genes? Maybe they had blonde hair like ayla or kino, but stained it with ochres from various rocks.

3)Hey, Hitler kept is moustache trimmed and well tended, even after he had abandoned alot of social affairs; leaders have to keep face for the plebeians.

4)Because of those ethics, she would keep her blue hair, so as not to ashame the rest of her family. Schala may be superuhman in a one in a billion way, and may be your favourite NPC (and one of mine) but we must remain objective :D. Just because she is these things, doesnt mean she is not under the sway of human influence or emotion.
In the end, schala is only human, whatever powers she may or may not have.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2006, 08:43:02 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99

Magus is able to time travel? That's an assumption. We don't know if the CT/CC Magus is able to. We only know that the RD Magil somehow made his way to 1,0xxAD. It could be thanks to a lot of reasons. Being in 12,000BC at the end of CT, Magus could have found Belthasar's old lab or the secret island where Gaspar was supposed to work. He could have found a Time Egg or the original Epoch, or blueprints for him to build one or the other. Or Lucca in the present, having found Kid, could also have easily brought him to 1,0xxAD with the latter Epoch.

Nope....

1) The island Gaspar was working on the time egg... Is the End of Time... or should be anyway.
2) What happened to RD's Magus is what should have happened in CC's. It's just that instead this time he has a harder time finding Kid. She's not a reincarnation anymore. And El Nido popped up (even though I think Regonnia is El Nido).
3) Lucca even insists in her letter that Janus will find Kid some day. And since Lucca is dead at that point, and even in RD, she did not bring him there. Magil in RD actually got there by himself.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 01:09:28 pm »
1) The island Gaspar was working on the time egg... Is the End of Time... or should be anyway.

The NPC who says Gaspar works on a secret island speaks about it before the Ocean Palace disaster. Gaspar appeared in the End of Time only after the disaster, and the way he acts when he arrives in it implies that it's the first time he goes there. Therefore, that secret island isn't the End of Time. And anyway, the End of Time is hardly an "island"...
2) What happened to RD's Magus is what should have happened in CC's. It's just that instead this time he has a harder time finding Kid. She's not a reincarnation anymore. And El Nido popped up (even though I think Regonnia is El Nido).

You're mixing RD with CC. Maybe what happened to RD's Magus is what should have happened to CC's, but the fact is that it didn't happened to him in the final version of the game.
3) Lucca even insists in her letter that Janus will find Kid some day. And since Lucca is dead at that point, and even in RD, she did not bring him there. Magil in RD actually got there by himself.

That letter from Lucca is from CC. In RD, she didn't wrote such letter as far as we know.

Bouldegarde

• Iokan (+1)
  • Be brave and listen to your heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 05:25:53 pm »
Casts Arise 2 / Life 2 on the post... XD

Or maybe some demi human were based on lab projects from the Zeal Kingdom.

Anyone still there?

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 06:27:09 pm »
I wonder about the significance of the Mystics being renamed Fiends in the DS port. Perhaps their origins are demonic or otherworldly?

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:21 pm »
I wonder about the significance of the Mystics being renamed Fiends in the DS port. Perhaps their origins are demonic or otherworldly?

in japanese, they were referred to as demons. but in japanese that has more of a sense of magical monsters, rather than the evil beings of western culture. that's why Woolsey called them mystics, which was a good choice imo. renaming them as fiends was an effort to be closer to the original script.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 10:11:53 pm »
in japanese, they were referred to as demons. but in japanese that has more of a sense of magical monsters, rather than the evil beings of western culture. that's why Woolsey called them mystics, which was a good choice imo. renaming them as fiends was an effort to be closer to the original script.

True enough, but even so, aren't such creatures said to normally inhabit a kind of spirit world? In the Chronoverse, such a world could simply be an alternate dimension, and the Mystics could be the descendants of creatures who somehow crossed over and became stranded.

There's nothing to back up this theory, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 01:06:20 am »

True enough, but even so, aren't such creatures said to normally inhabit a kind of spirit world? In the Chronoverse, such a world could simply be an alternate dimension, and the Mystics could be the descendants of creatures who somehow crossed over and became stranded.

There's nothing to back up this theory, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

I think the emphasis is on their intelligence and magic ability.

I believe the mystics evolved from prehistoric animals and became sentient through the influence of Lavos. They probably learned magic from Zeal, who employed them.

After the fall of Zeal, they retained their magic, unlike the new human culture of the Last Village which abandoned it.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2015, 04:08:53 pm »
 :?
Why it not taked these Fiends/Mystigs? If it taked out at humans... it cruel... says human.