Author Topic: Evolution of Mystics  (Read 51521 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 04:46:56 am »
Quote from: Tonjevic
Nu arent mystic, simply because we never see any Nu anywhere NEAR the mystcs. In the era in which you meet mystics,  you only ever see one Nu.
And that is on a cliff looking out into the distance untill you scare him; Nothing whatsoever to do with mystics.

You do see a Nu in the Cursed Woods, among Gnawers (serpent Mystics) and Frogs (not Mystics), but yeah it's not that relevant.

As for the names of the people of Zeal, it's simply Enlightened Ones, not Zealians or Zealots...

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 06:23:54 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Also, Magus' use of Shadow Magic cannot be blamed for his looks, since in RD, he still uses it, but he is described by Serge as being "handsome" and having a very beautiful face etc.

Yeah, in one of the non-canonical endings. He was also an alien and such. He also loved Riddel and wasn't Magus. It changed with the different endings.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 08:08:12 am »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
Quote from: Zaperking
Also, Magus' use of Shadow Magic cannot be blamed for his looks, since in RD, he still uses it, but he is described by Serge as being "handsome" and having a very beautiful face etc.

Yeah, in one of the non-canonical endings. He was also an alien and such. He also loved Riddel and wasn't Magus. It changed with the different endings.

But in Kid and the Sun Flower, Magil was Magus, and Kid was still Schala. The backhistory is the same. Lucca was killed, Kid was seeking revenge. But this time they chased the beetle, thinking they'd have enough time. Basically, it means that either way Magil is still handsome as described etc.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 06:42:35 pm »
I believe that they are indeed creations by the Zealots (Zealians just does not sound correct). They were brought up with hate and malice, originally designed to fight for the Queen. Think of it, the Enlightened Ones cannot fight if all they do is dream. The Earthbound Ones possess no skill what so ever. Create a mutant race possibly via Lavos to defend for you. As time passed though the Mystics probably hated the Zealots. Under the Zealot rule they are all constrained into specific areas. Meanwhile they are much more rampant in post-Zeal rule.

If the Earthbound Ones have NO SKILL and NO THREAT, as you say, what do the Zealians need to protect themselves from ANYTHING? It's a waste of their time and energy to create the Mystics. They have no interest in the surface world or any of it's affairs. Lavos is their only focus of interest below their kingdom.

Magus looked fine to me in CT. So he has red eyes and pointy ears? He's still sufficiently hot to fangirls.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 03:28:24 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
I believe that they are indeed creations by the Zealots (Zealians just does not sound correct). They were brought up with hate and malice, originally designed to fight for the Queen. Think of it, the Enlightened Ones cannot fight if all they do is dream. The Earthbound Ones possess no skill what so ever. Create a mutant race possibly via Lavos to defend for you. As time passed though the Mystics probably hated the Zealots. Under the Zealot rule they are all constrained into specific areas. Meanwhile they are much more rampant in post-Zeal rule.

If the Earthbound Ones have NO SKILL and NO THREAT, as you say, what do the Zealians need to protect themselves from ANYTHING? It's a waste of their time and energy to create the Mystics. They have no interest in the surface world or any of it's affairs. Lavos is their only focus of interest below their kingdom.

Magus looked fine to me in CT. So he has red eyes and pointy ears? He's still sufficiently hot to fangirls.

Exactally.

1) By creating Mystics (which I highly doubt they'd want to do anyway since Mystics could have existed in 65,000,000BC, just be something premature like those Kiwala's and slimes etc), they're wasting time on finding Lavos' magic and in the end, just making more creatures to share the power of Lavos with - something that Zeal doesn't want to do.

2) Yes, I don't see why everyone is going on about Magus' looks. I mean, really, he did say he was a different person back then. Anyway, it still suits him and maybe it's a normal thing anyway.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 04:07:46 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight

Magil has blue eyes in that scene in RD.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 06:15:44 pm »
And Kid's hair was blonde in RD as opposed to Schala's blue. What's your point? It's perfectly possible that after Magus turned good, his eye color changed to symbolize it or something.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 11:26:48 pm »
Maybe the Enlightened ones dyed thier hair...

Zaperking

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 03:15:53 am »
Maybe the Enlightened ones dyed thier hair...

We've already gone over this a million times.. NO. >.<

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 04:14:07 am »
Sorry, I wasnt aware. But why wouldn't they have done it? People these days dye thier hair.
Maybe it was just a fashion thing. I dont see any evidence to the contrary.

Zaperking

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 05:58:44 am »
Sorry, I wasnt aware. But why wouldn't they have done it? People these days dye thier hair?
Maybe it was just a fashion thing. I dont see any evidence to the contrary.

It just angers me and a lot of people.
Basically, this idiot tried to make his theory correct, and with it, he added things on Schala because he thinks he knows everything. In that comment, he stated that in the Japanese version, it was said that Schala and the royal family dyed their hair. But still, 10 years after the release, those allogations have not been found to be true.

And there's a lot to back it up.
1)Magus retained his hair.
2)People with natural blue hair do exist.
3)Queen Zeal lived for like 13,000 years and still had her hair blue.
4)Schala wouldn't dye her hair to be different, as she believes in equality.

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 07:17:55 am »
Dont call me an idiot, please.
It was just a bit of light hearted fun. And now I will deliver my light hearted rebuttal:

1) Magus probably, being fabulously rich, was able to obtain lapis lazuli and mix it with charcoal to get the dark blue hair colour. That, or he had his own personal stash of hair dye that he carried around everywhere.

2) Give me a link, and I will believe you. I just looked it up and searched for quite a while and all I got was hair care and hair products. 'Blue dye to complement your natural hair colour' etc.

3) That doesnt mean a thing. It is possible to get permanent dyes; maybe QZ just got into a monthly dyeing routine in which she dyes the roots blue. Many people get into such a routine for thier whole lives, and think nothing of it. Secondly, blue hair could be a status symbol, akin to being of blue blood.... But blue haired...

4) If it WERE a status symbol of royalty, Schala may be breaking a taboo by not dying her hair. She could be forced out of the royal family, and eventually society. She is able to fight for equality from her position of power better than if she were just a common Zealian. Even if it is not a status symbol, Schala has feelings and moods like everyone else, and would most likely submit to peer pressure. She may have magical powers, but she isnt super human (I believe that everyone in CT has latent magical ability, that only has to be unlocked. Whether by Lavos or Spekkio, it doesnt matter.)
Another thing is this: if Schala were to keep her existing hair and not dye it blue, she wouldn't be  equal to her peers anymore. There is my rebuttal.

Now I say only this: you have to be a little light hearted sometimes and not be so damn serious all the time. Lighten up! :D

Zaperking

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 09:13:28 am »
You're not the idiot i'm talking about, it was this other guy >.>

Now.

1) You just insulted Magus. What, is he a preppy, drag queen now? Get real. Come on, he also has red eyes and pointy ears, and is pale..

2) Umm, The people of Ioka had blue and pink hair... And that's genes... even Serge and Riddle, and Karsh has purple..

3) Do you seriously believe Zeal would do stuff like that when her only goal is to become immortal and all powerful?

4) Schala is super human. The thing that kept her from doing stuff like rebelling was her ethics towards her mother, elders and people. Her sustaining the TD is enough to show that.

Don't make this seem light hearted. I love Schala, and she's my favourite NPC of all time....

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 12:40:33 am »
Does Magus also carry around face powder because look at my avatar (sry about the low res but deal with it).  Hair dye does not cause effects like that... Magic does.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Evolution of Mystics
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 02:50:51 am »
He was joking. Yes, high exposure to Magic would cause him to look the way he does... After Chrono Trigger he would stop using Magic as much as he did as a Mystic, and viola, you have handsome Magil.