Author Topic: "The Wedding Picture", Name Pronunciations, and Your Input!  (Read 7843 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: "The Wedding Picture", Name Pronunciations, and Your Input!
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 07:50:51 pm »
i heard the next sequel was about poshul and his/her adventures through time, eventually traveling to an alien world where s/he meets the scientist who created lavos.  also, poshul briefly gets to travel to the edge of space, falling into the reptite dimension.

thats what i heard, yup.

but back to topic...  i think schala was looking for her brother, janus/magus.  i mean, it makes a lot of sense for her to look for serge, but the whole love triangle was so vague between serge-kid-leena that it was almost nauseating.  i sort of feel that leena and serge ended up together, and in the post-game diary of 'schala "kid" zeal' refers to "find ya, mate", i didn't necessarily take it in the romantic sense.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 02:37:18 am »
Why can't it all be true. I mean we are talking about other worlds.
I still have trouble imaging Serge leaveing poor Leena.....poor KIck your ass with a frying pan Leena.....
I mean maybe in another world there is a Serge and Kid couple but Serge and Leena arn't just a cute couple, but also it really seems they love eachother (I wouldn't fight komodo's for a friend that's for sure!). I refuse to consider that Serge could spend his whole life befriending then falling in love and make a promises with a women then toss her aside for another like she was never there.....if that where true of Serge then he wouldn't deserve either! I could never do that to a lady! NEVER!!!

As for the fourtain teller that may have been a refrence to the fact that the guy she would have fallen in love with (Serge) died in her world.....

Kid and Schala Merging is fishy to me to....I mean yes Schala is happy to be free...and yes she was been attached to Lavos for awhile, but she does'nt seem like the type who would toss one persons existence out the window so she could exist...I mean yes they would exist as one but the personality diffrences would be huge.....She would be a rather screwy person. Also they keep calling Kid Schala's daughter-clone/clone-daughter. does Schala seem like they type to get rid of her daughter.....I'd rather die then lose the me I am by mergeing with someone else.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 02:43:37 am »
To be honest I really think Serge and Kid are in love with each other. I mean, come on, the game suggests it so deeply. Kid often flirts with Serge, and you can obviously see Serge loves Kid throughout the story (like that Hermit's Hideaway scene, when Dark Serge attacked. Serge immediately rushed outside, and when they had to escape, he remembered everything he'd been through with Kid.

Also, what kind of guy would go through a forest fighting dwarfs and a hydra to save just any girl? And what kinda guy would make his way through a burning orphanage just to save a random girl? He loved Kid, that's why.
Also when Serge and Kid are outside the orphanage, Kid says: "Why is your cheek wet?" Apparently Serge was crying, which is enough proof for me that he cherishes Kid more then anyone.

Leena is ok, but not that nice. I've a feeling Serge only went to get the scales because Leena was pissed at him.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 03:53:50 am »
serge is just a very violent person. He doesn't care for who or why hes fighting, just that he's get to dish it out( he feels no remorse for killing hundreds of dragoons).

If you love someone you don't leave them on there death bed to fight poison alone. for me thats what serge always does. :lol:

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 04:45:41 am »
Well, because he's a silent protagonist we don't really see much of his personality. The only time I saw dialogue from him was when Fargo poisoned him on the Invincible and he said: "???", and the time when Lynx took over. But that wasn't really Serge. He also talks in the Temporal Vortex, but I don't know if that was really Serge.

However, from his small dialogue, from what other people say about him, and from his actions in FMV's, I don't think he's a very violent person. I think he's a typical teenage boy who wants to find out what the hell is going on, and who eventually falls in love with the girl he likes.

A funny thing though, was in the Element shop ending, when Kid said to Serge: "You got any nice elements? Oi?" "You sure don't talk a lot, eh?" :P

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 06:09:16 am »
You guys are just emoting onto Serge...He's just an emotionless husk that the player can pour their own perceptions & feelings into. That's a "plus" of having a silent protagonist, I guess...Also, Serge, like Crono, talks when he has to make plot choices...and he also gives his name to Kid (as Crono gave his to Marle). But I think it's stretching things a bit far to say that Serge loves Kid...or anyone for that matter.

I don't see why Schala would look for Serge. Sure, his cries as a child are what ultimately allowed her to be saved & he also came to her rescue (thanks in part also to Belthasar, of course) by using the Chrono Cross...but aside from that, what reason would she have? Not only that, but, wouldn't she, having sent him back to where he came from at the end KNOW where he is? I mean, why is she in Tokyo?

Kid, I think, isn't looking for Serge either. I think she knows he'll just stay w/Leena...I think Kid's out to find herself. After a large part of her life revolving around just survival & revenge, she's got to find out who Kid really is and what the world has in store for her.

No matter whether or not there was a Schala/Kid merge, I think Magus will find them or vice-a-versa.

Also, who WOULDN'T cry after Kid's speech as a kid after Serge rescues her from the burning orphanage??? That was some sad shit she was laying down, man. Even I was tearing up.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 07:25:23 am »
I disagree. Why would they make him look worried about Kid if he was an emotionless thing? In the FMV where Dark Serge stabs Kid, you can see Serge is shocked. He's a silent protagonist alright; but he's not emotionless.

Also

Quote from: Schala
I will find you...
Even if I have to search the world over...

Sometime, somewhere...

I'm sure...

Quote from: Schala
But I'm sure we'll meet again,
Someday, you and I...
Another place, another time.

It's just that we might not realize
That you are you and I am me...

Until we meet again,
Take care of yourself, my friend...

Forever yours,

Schala "Kid" Zeal

Who else could she be referring to then Serge with this speech?

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 09:24:49 am »
That was some sad shit she was laying down, man. Even I was tearing up.

Reading that got me to think that I have yet to see a video game that actually moves me emotionally.  Movies yes, games...not yet.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 09:35:38 am »
Aw, not even Gau's WoR scene from FFVI? That tough lil guy...*sniffles* Totally made up for his until then mostly lackluster character...or, speaking of FFVI...the Rachel/Pheonix scene! Really just that whole side-plot. Or maybe the stuff w/Cyan & his fam?...I'd also bring up Tata & the end of Chapter 1 in FFTactics...but part of that's taken away later a lil bit...still fairly powerful stuff...made me extra dislike Algus, that's for sure...I always screwed him over big time after that whenever I started a new game.

Anyways...

Serge making one emotional response in that scene hardly justifies saying he's in love with Kid...I mean, let's take that scene into context...He's seeing HIMSELF stab Kid. Of COURSE he's freaked out. He doesn't know WTF is going on. Plus, he had an EXACT dream of that scene. It's not like he's saying, oh no! Not Kid! I love Kid! He just sorta growls and gestures. Like I've always said...at least Crono had a fuggin surprised sprite...V_V

Those Schala quotes are rather ambiguous as well...The second part practically sounds like she's talking about Kid...Otherwise, I think she's talking about Janus. I think it makes sense especially if you take Radical Dreamers into account...We already know she's the type of sister who worries about her lil bro. In her mind, I can easily imagine the not-knowing would be eating her up inside...so why would she waste her time looking for some douche like Serge? Because he was a crybaby when he was a lil kid? Because his current gf is a bitch? Because he sorta maybe liked the clone of her?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:41:30 am by V_Translanka »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 10:47:14 am »
Those Schala quotes are rather ambiguous as well...The second part practically sounds like she's talking about Kid...Otherwise, I think she's talking about Janus. I think it makes sense especially if you take Radical Dreamers into account...We already know she's the type of sister who worries about her lil bro. In her mind, I can easily imagine the not-knowing would be eating her up inside...so why would she waste her time looking for some douche like Serge? Because he was a crybaby when he was a lil kid? Because his current gf is a bitch? Because he sorta maybe liked the clone of her?

Seriously, you really think she'd say "Forever yours" to Kid or Janus? I think that'd be kinda incest.

And I think because maybe he saved her.... After all, he could go live in his village after he got Kid's amulet, but he didn't. Why didn't he? Because he cared for Kid, that's why.

Edit:

Quote from: Kid
It was bloody good knowing ya, mate!
Thanks for being born "you", Serge!

I guess now's the time to say, "See ya later, mate!"
But...

I'll find ya... Sometime, somewhere...
I'm bloody sure of it!

No matter the time period,
No matter the world ya live in,
I'll find ya!

I'm sure...
I am sure I will find you...

What more evidence do you need? Kid can't be referring to Janus, as she never knew him.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:02:24 am by Dark Serge »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2008, 11:02:15 am »
kid also said "my friend" in the quote.  i know i don't say things like that to the woman i love (my fiance).

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2008, 11:03:00 am »
I edited my post with yet another quote, by Kid this time. I think with that one everyone can come to the conclusion she's searching for Serge.

@ Boo: Serge and Schala aren't officially engaged... And I sure as hell don't know any woman who says "Forever yours" to anyone but her lover.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:04:59 am by Dark Serge »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008, 11:25:08 am »
okay, that helps clear up who she's looking for (i had forgotten about that kid quote), but i still can't buy the fact that they were "lovers" or anything of the sort.  it was all too vague.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2008, 11:32:21 am »
He was just a booty call.  And apparently a good one at that. 

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2008, 11:51:33 am »
okay, that helps clear up who she's looking for (i had forgotten about that kid quote), but i still can't buy the fact that they were "lovers" or anything of the sort.  it was all too vague.

They never said it openly to each other, Kid is probably too proud and Serge... Doesn't talk. Well, he does, but we don't see it. But inside they do cherish and most likely love one another. It might not be made perfectly clear, but both Schala, Kid, and Serge suggest it.