Author Topic: "The Wedding Picture", Name Pronunciations, and Your Input!  (Read 7947 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: "The Wedding Picture", Name Pronunciations, and Your Input!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 01:58:37 pm »
Yeah, but isn't that just an alternate ending (and thus one you don't get to use the Chrono Cross)? Personally, I'm not so sure about the "merging" anyhow...I distinctly remember seeing Kid AS KID riding out in the ocean (or sea or w/e) on that little boat (one like Orcha's) in the ending.
How do you know it's Kid? Merged Schala-Kid doesn't have the right to wear Kid's cloths?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 08:49:23 pm »
Exactly. But, if they did, I'd imagine Schala to take more control and I couldn't see her wear something so skimpy...plus, there's also the stuff of Schala in Tokyo clearly not wearing Kid's outfit.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 08:27:03 am »
The Schala Kid in Tokyo was confirmed by Kato as being our real world's version of Schala Kid; she's not the same Schala Kid as the one seen in the game.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 03:16:02 pm »
Maybe Schala's looking for CRONO! I mean, he totally saved her butt just as much as Serge...and what with the destruction stuff of Guardia, he's probably missing...eh? EH? Yeah, that's what I'm gonna go with...in case my idea of it actually being her brother she's looking for doesn't pan out...

I mean, c'mon! She saw Lavos fling him through time! She's gotta be worried about the lil guy!

This might be tough to accept, but Crono is dead. Lucca clearly states on the beach they (Crono, Marle, and Lucca) no longer exist in this world. That's a euphemism for saying they're dead.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 06:32:48 pm »
I'm still up in the air about the ghosts on the beach...Are they so different from those in the Time Crash? They don't look it...I still don't think there's enough evidence that Crono & Marle are both dead.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 09:48:10 am »
In the Time Crash (Tower of Geddon) they're transparent, on the beach they're not. That's pretty weird itself, but anyway.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 02:42:09 pm »
Yeah, but isn't that just an alternate ending (and thus one you don't get to use the Chrono Cross)? Personally, I'm not so sure about the "merging" anyhow...I distinctly remember seeing Kid AS KID riding out in the ocean (or sea or w/e) on that little boat (one like Orcha's) in the ending.
How do you know it's Kid? Merged Schala-Kid doesn't have the right to wear Kid's cloths?

1. Schala is first seen wearing a white dress, why would they dress her up like Kid all of sudden?

2. She looked exactly like Kid, not just the clothes. If they would've wanted to think it's not Kid, they would have made her look different.

The Schala Kid in Tokyo was confirmed by Kato as being our real world's version of Schala Kid; she's not the same Schala Kid as the one seen in the game.

Real world Schala? What do you mean? We have a real Schala Zeal living somewhere in Tokyo?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 02:58:52 pm »
1. Schala is first seen wearing a white dress, why would they dress her up like Kid all of sudden?

2. She looked exactly like Kid, not just the clothes. If they would've wanted to think it's not Kid, they would have made her look different.

They would dress her up like Kid because, if Schala and Kid merged, Schala and Kid would be the same person; "Schala" and "Kid" would be two parts of a single person's personality. During the ending (just when you beat the Time Devourer), the girl's speech alternates between Schala's formal talk and Kid's Australian accent, rather than being a weird consistent blend that would be both formal and Australian at the same time.

Consequently, there would be nothing surprising in seeing Schala-Kid wearing original Schala's clothes in a scene and original Kid's clothes in another scene. It's not Dragon Ball Z, Schala-Kid doesn't have to wear a mixture of Schala and Kid's clothes.

Real world Schala? What do you mean? We have a real Schala Zeal living somewhere in Tokyo?

Of course we don't, it's a piece of fiction... But look at the final question in this interview: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Ultimania_Developer_Interviews.html

donutbandit

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 11:55:26 pm »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it's the perfect subject for my post.

I just watched the ending of CC again, and noticed something I never noticed before. There are scenes of a young girl with a ponytail wearing jeans. She is walking through what looks like a school yard. She is balancing on a railroad track. Tomboyish behavior suggesting Kid.

The girl in the square - wearing the same long white dress as Schala, standing in the middle of an intersection, clutching a necklace, looking completely bewildered. Isn't this what we would expect of someone from a kingdom thousands of years in the past, who had been imprisoned in darkness for all those years, and now finds herself suddenly thrust into a modern world?

I've alway been a fan of the unification theory, but this seems to supplant that. I can no more picture Princess Schala wearing jeans than I can Kid wearing that "sissy" long dress.

The surroundings look nothing like El Nido. Perhaps Porre? We don't know what happened to any of the others afterward, just that Serge woke up on Opassa Beach. When the 2 worlds were reunited, could transitory figures like Kid and Schala have been cast about and ended up at some random location? Neither of them had a real place in either world. Maybe they are not even in the same time any more.

I know all these end game plotholes were left open (like cutting off the face of the man in the photo) in anticipation of a sequel. Always leave questions to be answered, always leave people wanting more. Too bad it doesn't seem like it will ever happen.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 12:31:19 am »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vDU29qajoSw
is this what your talking about

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 08:57:48 am »
Why is balancing on a railroad track tomboyish & suggestive of Kid?? >_>

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 09:23:52 am »
Yeah I don't get that either. The girl in the white dress is obviously Schala, and you see Kid sailing away on a boat. That means Schala and Kid didn't merge, and they're both looking for Serge. Although Schala may be searching for Janus, but there's no suggestions to that.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 03:45:26 pm »
i used to assume that they merged together...  but nowadays i don't buy it.  they were such drastically different people...  and for them to merge, both schala and kid would cease to exist.  a third person would be born through the unification.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 03:59:04 pm »
i used to assume that they merged together...  but nowadays i don't buy it.  they were such drastically different people...  and for them to merge, both schala and kid would cease to exist.  a third person would be born through the unification.

Yeah, Kid developed her own personality, she also mentioned this definitely on Opassa Beach in the end. It would be wrong of Schala to undo her existence.

Also, both of them claim to find Serge, and you see FMV's of both of them searching. What more evidence do you need?

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 07:40:32 pm »
So the next sequel will probably be a Lupin-esque romp where Kid and Schala are looking for the same mute who's just out of arm's reach?

...huh.