Author Topic: Magus - Progress Images  (Read 16765 times)

Vinmaleth

• Iokan (+1)
  • Give A Man A Potion And You Empower Him For A Day.
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Magus
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2007, 03:20:43 am »
Oh please Magus, call me Vinmaleth. This project holds much interest to me and I see potential in it. I offer my services as music creator.

I have an idea in mind for the name, but whether its along the lines of what you are searching for is for you to decide: "Chrono Trigger-Lavos Beckons" Another idea is the "Chrono Volumes".

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 03:30:18 am by Vinmaleth »

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 03:34:59 am »
Sound great, I like The Chrono Volumes.

I have a idea for the story. Lets have the story in 1000AD, right after Chrono and Marle's wedding. Each chapter can be a direct flashback to certain chapters.

For example, for chapter one, Marle can sit next to Chrono and ask "Remember when we first met. . ." and she can go on talking or whatever as it fades to the 1000AD Fair when they first ran into each other, beginning chapter one.

The Chrono Volumes title would work well with this idea. Maybe even Chrono Flashbacks, but thats a much lesser title I think.

Vinmaleth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2007, 03:42:57 am »
An excellent idea you have there Magus. Even more impressive that you made it fit with my last name.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2007, 12:11:11 pm »
I like the name Chrono Volumes, though I'm not so certain of the flashback idea...it feels a little trite unless we're only showing the "after Chrono and Marle's Wedding" bit in the first episode and not again till after the whole story is over...that would be a lot better, in my eyes. Maybe an intermission dipping back into the future after Chrono and Marle's wedding or two would also be good.

As for the epilogue...well, we probably shouldn't plan too far ahead, but in my mind it ought to lead into the Chrono Cross...fall of Guardia and all that. But we can get to the specifics of that later.

Through the actual story we'll want to trim anything very gameplay like, as well as improve upon certain events that went too fast or did not have enough emotion invested in them, and so on. Also, we'll want to give a couple nods to the Chrono Compendium in the form of mentioning Chrono Compendium theories in vague ways.

But two or more scriptwriters is a good idea...they can bounce ideas off each other, correct each other's mistakes, and generally improve the overall script much more than just one scriptwriter could have. (Or we could even split duties, like, say, one scriptwriter writes the first episode, the next writes the second, and so on, while serving as a beta editor for the other scriptwriter(s) on their individual episodes.) And if we want to keep it down to twenty or so minutes, we'll want to have several chapters of the game split into parts to fully do them all.

One more thing: we must try to keep to the Retranslation as well so we don't put in many of the translation errors and the like, especially when it comes to chapter/potential episode titles. "The Queen is Gone" for example, should be "The Princess is Gone." But we'll get to that once we start writing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 12:19:37 pm by Kyronea »

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 03:28:20 pm »
I like the name Chrono Volumes, though I'm not so certain of the flashback idea...it feels a little trite unless we're only showing the "after Chrono and Marle's Wedding" bit in the first episode and not again till after the whole story is over...that would be a lot better, in my eyes. Maybe an intermission dipping back into the future after Chrono and Marle's wedding or two would also be good.

As for the epilogue...well, we probably shouldn't plan too far ahead, but in my mind it ought to lead into the Chrono Cross...fall of Guardia and all that. But we can get to the specifics of that later.

Through the actual story we'll want to trim anything very gameplay like, as well as improve upon certain events that went too fast or did not have enough emotion invested in them, and so on. Also, we'll want to give a couple nods to the Chrono Compendium in the form of mentioning Chrono Compendium theories in vague ways.

But two or more scriptwriters is a good idea...they can bounce ideas off each other, correct each other's mistakes, and generally improve the overall script much more than just one scriptwriter could have. (Or we could even split duties, like, say, one scriptwriter writes the first episode, the next writes the second, and so on, while serving as a beta editor for the other scriptwriter(s) on their individual episodes.) And if we want to keep it down to twenty or so minutes, we'll want to have several chapters of the game split into parts to fully do them all.

One more thing: we must try to keep to the Retranslation as well so we don't put in many of the translation errors and the like, especially when it comes to chapter/potential episode titles. "The Queen is Gone" for example, should be "The Princess is Gone." But we'll get to that once we start writing.

^ Although that sounds like a great idea, that would be literally impossible for any fan base to ever complete. You would need a team of 50 people+ to successfully pull that off. 20 mintues IS A LOT of time, I did A Documentary long ago on 3D Animation, and that alone was only 10 minutes and to properly animate it, as well as get all the effects in, took well over 3 months.

Your idea's are good, but well over limits of any group of 3-5 people. Most people see things like Chrono Trigger: The Movie, or Chrono Trigger: After Effect and wonder why it was abandoned, "It was way beyond their limits."

I'll be lucky if I can make a few short 4-5 minute music videos ( Certain events with Remixed music done by Vinmaleth ) let alone a entire series of 20 minute movies.

Then theres the voice acting. You would need a willing voice actor for Marle, Lucca, Magus, King Guardia, Ozzie, Flea, Slash, Frog, NPC's, Enemies.

Then you need sound effects like explosions, spells, background noise.

Then you need all the scenes and doodads added in.

^ To be honest, that sounds bigger than Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. ( especially if its 20 episode, of 20 minutes+) and Square had a team well over 100 working on AC. We got 3-5 people.

Thats why I'm going to stick with my original Idea that I had from the beginning, remake the entire CT Cast, and use them in a few short videos, that alone will take months.

Any ideas are welcome, and help with modeling and such is always nice, but remember, as a artist, I always have a hard time using other peoples work. :D But if I do, you'll be fully credited of course.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2007, 04:19:41 pm »
Yes...I suppose you're right. I have a bad habit of thinking big and not thinking through what's actually required.

Too bad, too...but hey, we'll do what we can do, right?

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
Re: Magus - Progress Images
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2007, 02:09:31 am »
Don't worry Kyronea, I think ALL creators have a bad habit of thinking big and not thinking through whats actually required, It's called Imagination, and all creators get carried away. I know I have, more than once I must say.

And whatever you guys can do to help, will be greatly apperciated.

Alright, the time as come. For Magus: Beta!

Firs off, what does it mean? Nothing. It just means I will be posting no more images, until Magus is 100% done, that means he is fully animation ready, all the proportions are right and textures are good.

Now, take a good look, at Magus: Beta. And the wait begins until I dish out the High quality Renders.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2007, 11:22:53 am »
i think you still could do a show, but you need to find more members, and it would be easier if we condensed plot's down to a certain point. look at ct ressurection they had few members but made tons of progress.

in order to properly make a show of ct, the first thing to do would be finish the characters.
second test out there movement abilities.
third contact the chrono cross audio team for sound effect's and voicing.
then have some develop a concept for area's.
then create the area's
after that create a script for only one episode at a time.
then have voice actors record.
then animate the scene.
and so on.

to make this good quality but easy to make you have to at least have ten people.
divide the responsibilties of the project into smaller groups.

i do think the project could work as long as you take it one chapter at a time.

i'd love to do concept art and some script. and possibly storyboarding.

and plus if you finish one episode then you've accomplished somthing no other group has before.

you have to consider other than boss fight, alot of scenes would be talking. so it wouldn't be to hard.

if you try doing the show start with a five episode season, that way you can pace yourself and can perfect the animation.
also episode's should vary in time.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:52:04 pm by satchel_dawg »

Vinmaleth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2007, 07:36:18 pm »
Perhaps it would be better just to think ahead to only 1 episode. That alone will take much time and effort. From there we could expand if we see fit to do so.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2007, 06:08:28 pm »
if we would start one one episode with the events at crono's house and the millenial fair, it would be fairly easy to produce because it's mainly conversation.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2007, 11:49:32 pm »
Yes...I suppose you're right. I have a bad habit of thinking big and not thinking through what's actually required.

Too bad, too...but hey, we'll do what we can do, right?

Just revise wherever necessary. ;)

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2007, 01:08:53 am »
if we would start one one episode with the events at crono's house and the millenial fair, it would be fairly easy to produce because it's mainly conversation.

Even that would take forever, Magus has taken me over 2 months to make, image the entire cast, scenes and talking alone. Plus, I would need to depend on too many people, and I'd like this to be a solo project with some help now and then.