Author Topic: Magus - Progress Images  (Read 16769 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Magus
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 01:54:10 am »
Thanks.

Not to worry, I plan to Model the entire CT Cast, and make a few short movies on YouTube with them.

Then you'd better watch out for a C&D. lolz jk

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 04:19:40 am »
C & D? . . . Oh... Cease and whatever.

I don't think Square can do that for videos. If a company could do that, all the 8-bit theaters and such would be getting C&Ds everyday. Artistic freedom I think, game programming is a bit different for some reason.

Anyway, thanks you all. I got some more stuff to show you.

I begun skinning the upper body. ( Skinning = Making vertex groups and assigning them to bones, for animation )

Due to my laziness though, I wont post any video renders until tomorrow, until then, heres a image showing the upper body skeleton.

I kind of thought what Kebrel thought, but I wouldn't worry-- Version 3 is just something I got used to fast and I think others would too if they saw it more, or saw it textured. Can't wait to see the videos though. <3 If I knew how to make textures I'd totally make some for you. I've edited textures on some PC games, like FFXI, and the Sims 2. So I kind of have a vague idea of how it would work, but good textures can't really be made without the measurements of the model I think. >.> Not sure. 3d stuff's not my forte, lol.

Textures hey? I would be very interested if your serious about this. My textures skills...to be frank, are below par. ( I can still make them fine, just don't find it that enjoyable. )

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 02:26:17 pm »
If you could make a texture base, I could just go over it sort of like a comic artist inking a pencilled sketch and stuff.^__^ Then I know where like, the eyes go, and the mouth goes, and how far the image of his face extends before stretching into the hairline and back of his head. (That way we don't have any eyeballs over his ears, lol...)

deniz2099

• Porrean (+50)
  • What's mine is mine... I want you to be MINE..!
    • View Profile
    • Anti - System Of A Down
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
Wow, your work is great, keep it up man.

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 04:51:57 pm »
Thanks Deniz.

Alright FreakyFrankie, I got the UV Map for his Face. Its all labeled out as well:

It's up to you if you want to actually attempt this or not. Its a fairly complex UV Map.

I sorted out all the colored parts of his head, His eyes, and eyebrows are seperated, and his face is as well. So there is no "Blur" when the colors switch.

I'll still be doing a UV Map myself, but it would be neat to get a comic version of Magus as well  :D

EDIT: My god I hate Imageshack.

stingrayiii

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 02:08:56 am »
Looking good. I also have been working on magus in 3d. But I lost interest. If your interested I can send you my work if you want to compare or modify. Might give you some ideas. Email me if your interested, Stingrayiii@hotmail.com.
Keep up the good work.
I also have Schala, Frog, Flea, Slash, Ozzie, and the queen zeal.
Here is an example.

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 03:40:51 am »
Oooh I wanna see Schala and Flea~!  :jiraiya:

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 08:24:27 pm »
Hey, thats pretty good stingrayiii, but the polycount must be in the 10,000s at least.

I got alot to show you since I last posted, Heres some stuff:

Well, I started the UV mapping. But, I also finished rigging out the skeleton for his Hair. Take a look.

http://i12.tinypic.com/534vsp1.jpg

And. . . I begun Texture mapping. Here is some various Texture related images related Magus' Head.

The UV Face layout. I managed to get it all crammed in a 256x256 map, but decided to resize it to 512x512 for better shading.

The Light map. Shading and other helpers pre texturing. Although alot of Shading still had to be done manually.

The UV Map itself. Not to advanced.

http://i19.tinypic.com/4l46zhv.jpg
Magus' face so far. The texture fits awesome, just needs some skin work and more doodads like face wrinkles and such. The shading it coming well if I might say so myself.

http://i18.tinypic.com/63ihude.jpg
Another shot. Rendered actually, body is not textured yet.

Tan vs. Pale skin. I decided to stick with Pale, since it fits Magus better :

I re did the eye. Made it more Toon like, and in the process, more Magus like. All I did was make the pupil much larger, and made two shine marks on the eye, it looks a lot better, see if you agree:

Arms In progress

and to those interested, the texture map.
A very nice, clean 256x256 ( tiny I know ) texture map. Shading almost complete.

Recent Stuff

Quickie texturing. Although I consider the arms and face almost done texture wise, the other parts are not. They are just simple textures with color and shading. Lots to do still.

More to Come Soon. . .

stingrayiii

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 03:21:01 am »
Yeah your right. It is up to about 23,000 poly's and he is still naked. lol.
I like your textures that your doing. The pupil looks really good.
I also like how you did his cape. Folds are so hard to do, I think anyway.
I hope to see some animated stuff soon.
I could never animate or texture. I just model.
What kind of scene's do you think your going to be doing?

Here ya go Freakyfrankie

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 04:12:58 am »
Thats not bad, I would suggest lowering the polygons a lot however, there are so many polies that its starting to look like clay. Which isn't a bad thing, if thats what your were aiming for  :D

My Magus and the rest of the CT cast will be low-Med poly, mainly because I plan to make a simple walk-a-round engine with them. Plus, movies and scenes will render faster if the characters are under 10,000 polies each.

What program do you use? Im using Blender 3D. I plan to put him in various poses in various CT scenes. I plan to release, low res, 800x600 screenshots of him posing and such, for public wallpaper and sig creation purposes, while me and a few friends keep the 4096x2048 versions for ourselves. ( Not greedy or anything, just to prevent stealing. )

The cape was very difficult as was the hair.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 10:53:29 am »
Both of you are truly amazing. I commend both for your great work!

Keep it up! I wish I had the time and patience(mostly patience I'm sure ><) to do something like this.

stingrayiii

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 09:46:34 pm »
I use Modo. I might lower the polys if I ever get around to it. Been super busy with other things.

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 11:06:30 pm »
Modo...never heard of it.

Well, I just checked the Modo official site, and I see a fairly simple 3D Suite that actually COSTS money! Wow, Glad I use Blender. You can do alot more with Blender than you can with a closed source Suite like Modo. Especially the Python expansion.

But a modeler is a modeler. Can't convert a 3D Artist.

Well, I got his Scythe done. Who wants to see?

Here it is in a low light scene:

and here it is with Intense light.  Like I mean intense, you never see light this bright in Chrono Trigger or any other game)

And to those interested, heres the Texture map, although the Scythe uses a texture, the majority of the scythe is Materials and lighting effects.

It still got a few things material wise to work out, like making the shiny parts shiny-er and the darker parts darker.

A Body-Scythe comparison. Did I get the size right?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 12:45:30 am »
I think I'll attempt to make something from the Chrono Series now.

Might take me a while, so don't get your hopes up.

Here's some of my work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 01:28:53 am »
Wow.  I didn't know you did 3D stuff Nightmare O_o...And That Flea and Schala 3d thing..I swear i've seen that somewhere before :|