Author Topic: Magus - Progress Images  (Read 16900 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Magus
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 10:52:46 pm »
However, 3 people isn't enough, and we'd need all the help we can get from you. . . I'll later make a topic somewhere and give all the details.

I sent you a PM.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 11:03:32 pm »
I'll watch for the thread. This project looks like it should be a lot of fun. It's the sort of thing that I keep expecting from the fan community but never see. Now...we'll finally see it.

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2007, 12:55:36 am »
Yes.

Ever since I was about 12yrs. old I always loved Chrono Trigger, CT, being the first RPG I ever played, really changed me and made me fall in love with the Chrono series. I always used to imagine other stories or video re-makes as a kid, and now, being 17 and fairly experienced in animation and film design, I can finally make those mere " Kid thoughts" into a reality. With some help, this project can really take lift. I hope. I'll PM Zeality about getting a board opened.

stingrayiii

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2007, 12:56:17 am »
I could help with some modeling if you need it. What poly count do you think you need for a complete scene? Or what can you handle anyway? What count for characters, trees, so forth? And what file format do you save your files as?

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2007, 01:03:17 am »
Hmm, see, this is where it gets problematic. Me and you use two VERY different 3D Suites. And the big thing about 3D Modeler's is they tend to get to screw up or loose Data when converted from one file format to another, and I wouldn't want you doing all this work only to have it show up as a blank poly-mass when I load it.

We could give it a shot, maybe PM me and we could organize a simple text object and if it works, then you could indeed join in.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2007, 01:07:34 am »
Hmm, see, this is where it gets problematic. Me and you use two VERY different 3D Suites. And the big thing about 3D Modeler's is they tend to get to screw up or loose Data when converted from one file format to another, and I wouldn't want you doing all this work only to have it show up as a blank poly-mass when I load it.

We could give it a shot, maybe PM me and we could organize a simple text object and if it works, then you could indeed join in.

Yeah, I use Maya, and I'm also going on vacation this sunday, and will be gone for the week.

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2007, 01:13:10 am »
Hmmm. . . Can Maya export to the OBJ format? If so, then you guys can make doodads and scenes. Since the OBJ format keeps the mesh, as well as UV Coordinates. The only thing you couldn't do is Character animation, since animation, skeletons, IPO's, as well as Action NLAs don't transfer completely from format to format.

However, doodads and maybe even scenes would still work.

stingrayiii

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:43 am »
I can export to OBJ format. I will send you something for a test.

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2007, 01:26:23 am »
Alright.

For the test, lets do this:

Add several objects on a plane, have everything texture mapped, then export it all in a single file. I want to make sure I can still click every individual object.

And to everyone who tunes in on this topic:

Feel free to email me, PM me, or add me on MSN...my email address is my MSN address, so add it up. * A slight note, I go by the username " Reno " on MSN as well as everywhere else, so don't be shocked to see someone else ( who is just me really :D )

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2007, 01:38:54 am »
I'm able to export to obj format, but I'm unable to texture map from this computer, usually crashes (poor graphics card). When I get back to school in three weeks, I'll be able to Texture map.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2007, 01:44:30 am »
For the script writing, I've got a couple ideas already but I'll need a couple days to think on it. In the meantime we need to get other details hammered down first, like the limits of our animation capabilities. (After all, what good is the script if it can't be animated?)

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2007, 01:49:07 am »
Sounds good.

OBJ is a fairly universal format when it comes to Mesh's and UV Coordinates.

We could also try the Direct X format if anyone is interested. Blender here can import dozens of formats, so I'm pretty much good to go.

In terms of Rendering, This computer I got will be rendering the video's. Its a

Intel Core Due 2, 1.7 Ghz ( 3600+) processor with 1 GB of DDR2 RAM with a NVIDIA Geforce 7700, 256MB Video Card. ( It can handle textures up to 4096x4096! ) And renders Magus at 2.5 seconds.

Not to worry in terms of animation. I've recently learned a great deal in animation and I already have Magus' upper body fully rigged for animation. Blenders Particle engine is also fairly advanced, and would make excellent Spell effects.

I was thinking of the Chrono Trigger episodes, and came to this idea:

How about we make a 10-20 minute episode on every chapter in the game? We could call the project something like:

Chrono Trigger ~ Chapters or something.
And make a episode for every episode. Sure it would take along time to do, but we could release the episode every time it finished, and if the response is good, we could keep making them.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2007, 01:53:23 am »
Hmm...we definitely want to lean more towards the twenty minutes. We do need to include all dialogue, as well as our own little spin on certain events, and battles and the like.

Though we probably shouldn't set a specific amount of time. Some chapters, like the first, are relatively short, but others, like the one before the last, are pretty long...we will want to do the sidequests, I think, since they're part of the overall storyline.

We'll see. As I said, I'll need a couple days to think, and meanwhile you guys can get the rest of the stuff sorted out. (We'll worry about voice acting later. The essentials need to be done first.)

Magus

• Porrean (+50)
  • ...The Black Wind...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2007, 01:57:25 am »
Alright, so that Is the plot plan then? Just remake all the chapters? If so, then I can get my two friends, Ras and Vinm, to come and help script write and such ( becuase they know CT from start to finish, literally )

Also, what about the name? I'd like to have us decided on a name before I PM Zeality to open a project forum.

stingrayiii

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2007, 02:15:13 am »
Chrono Trigger Animated?