Author Topic: Can anyone confirm?  (Read 5730 times)

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
Can anyone confirm?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2004, 09:56:31 am »
Replying to myself, how tacky.  :P  But, I thought I'd update on some of the questions I've been researching.

1.) Can you recruit Greco even if you don't pretend you're the exorcist when you pass through Fossil Valley?

Yes.  When you finally meet Greco and Romana, they just skip their whole dialogue about Greco being turned away by the dragoons at Fossil Valley and accused of being a phoney exorcist.  They jump right to the point in their conversation that comes after that part.  Also, you can still go back to Fossil Valley after this and recruit Skelly (or his head, rather).  You just don't get the funny scene with the freaked-out dragoons.

2.) Can you recruit Luccia if you don't set Pip free?

Yes.  If you talk to Pip but refuse to open his cage, he tells you he'll just open it himself later.  When you visit Luccia after Kid falls ill, she discovers that Pip snuck out during the night, and she joins you.  It's just a slightly different scene.  (Same thing happens if you never talk to Pip, BTW.)

As for the Orcha/Macha thing, I've never seen anything saying they're brother and sister, either in the game or in any other official material.  But, I think it's the most likely answer.  Maybe if you take Macha to see Belcha you learn something...?  I'll try it out once I get that far.

Yeah, nothing ever happens between Macha and Orcha or Macha and Belcha to clarify what their relationship really is.  I'm a little disappointed.

Also, I discovered that if you take Mojo to Another's Zappa, Zappa will compliment Mojo on the fine craftsmanship of his nail.  :D  Cool.

Lastly, it seems like the most interesting game ever happens if, as Serge, you keep Kid and Glenn with you as much as possible, and, as Lynx, you keep Harle and Radius with you as much as possible.  These seem to be the only characters who have lots of extra things that only they say, even in parts of the game that have little or nothing to do with them.  For example, every character will tell Marcy the exact same thing about how that they're not interested in her tricks, the first time you meet her at Viper Manor, but Kid has a slightly longer speech where she teases Marcy about playing with jacks.  Glenn also has a lot of extra dialogue at Hermit's Hideaway, the "Ghost Ship," etc.  This may be well known, but I haven't seen it mentioned before, so....

OdF

DivineDragoonKain

Can anyone confirm?
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2005, 05:16:13 pm »
There's also a campfire scene with Kid on Water Dragon Isle that explains some backstory, and even has a few of the orphanage FMV sequences. I forget the trigger, though...

And if you don't save Kid, and don't do the Water Dragon Isle quest, you can go to Water Dragon Isle later to find out it's been taken over by Lagoonates. Actually, you may just need to not do the WDI quest.