Author Topic: I don't understand...  (Read 888 times)

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
I don't understand...
« on: October 09, 2004, 08:24:36 pm »
...Why it is that I feel so...inadequate...

Well, I actually do know. The reason is that, well, I don't understand almost any of the specific technical parts of Time Travel and whatnot. I'm just wondering, how did you all learn any of this?

I mean, I'm bluffing and trying to just force my way to try and understand such things but...

Am I asking too much of myself at 14?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
I don't understand...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 08:43:59 pm »
Like, what don't you understand? Most of it is just fluffed up with fancy words and isn't as difficult as some of us make it sound...especially when equations pile up...

GreenGannon

• View Profile
I don't understand...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 08:47:14 pm »
I mean, I've read plenty of theories and gotten completey lost on what they were talking about. I'm just curious as to where you all learned the mathematics and the physics involved in the theorizing you do so often.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
I don't understand...
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 11:43:10 pm »
Well, personally, I'm a student of Theoretical Physics, so it comes with the territory. If you want to get into it, I'd recommend Steven Hawking's books, A Brief History of Time and The Universe in a Nutshell. As for how I came up with my theories, it's some mix of inspiration, perspiration, and Occam's Razor (The simplest explanation is usually the correct one).

GreenGannon

• View Profile
I don't understand...
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 02:49:44 am »
Last time I truly tried to understand it, was about a year ago. I guess I could trygiving it another shot.