Author Topic: For anybody willing to make a site: Care package  (Read 4468 times)

grey_the_angel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
For anybody willing to make a site: Care package
« on: July 03, 2007, 01:30:32 am »
As you can guess, the biggest problem isn't me not drawing comics, its that I have no way of making a decent site, and so I been relying on whoever wants to make me a site. Biggest thing they've complained about was the lack of images to work with.

So I made a car package. the whole things is just stuff I gathered that I thought would be good: old images, old drawings, paintings, etc etc. \
http://rapidshare.com/files/40712059/New_WinRAR_ZIP_archive.zip.html
so there ya go. Now someone help.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: For anybody willing to make a site: Care package
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 02:48:36 pm »
once i get round to installing that legit copy of dreamweaver i have ill take a crack at it, i need practice with it before i start on Chaoticals.

of course i need to finnish that textbook of monotonous work, then that other pic.
but if all goes well and i get of my lazy ass that'll only take a week tops.

EDIT: also file transcript 10008.jp, I lol'd when i saw that and the comments from ic that i remembered
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 02:53:29 pm by saridon »

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 05:10:39 pm »
dreamwever SUCKS! code by hand.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:04:30 pm »

and learn how much HTML?

sure coding by hand is faster and more effective when you know it all, but unfortunately i don't and tools like dreamweaver work well enough that as long as I'm not doing anything to high standard i can make something that loads fast and looks decent enough.

i cant be bothered learning HTML along with another 2 coding languages already and japanese. too many words/stuctures to remember at one time

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:28:03 pm »

and learn how much HTML?

sure coding by hand is faster and more effective when you know it all, but unfortunately i don't and tools like dreamweaver work well enough that as long as I'm not doing anything to high standard i can make something that loads fast and looks decent enough.

i cant be bothered learning HTML along with another 2 coding languages already and japanese. too many words/stuctures to remember at one time
it wont display right in all broswers.
lets say your site is like this in IE
[][][]
[000]

in firefox it might be
[][]
[]
[000]

because it uses crappy code.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 05:56:48 pm »
A perfect example of a page I help make with dreamweaver.
http://www.healingchair.com

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 07:09:33 pm »

and learn how much HTML?

it wont display right in all broswers.
lets say your site is like this in IE
[][][]
[000]

in firefox it might be
[][]
[]
[000]

because it uses crappy code.

only with more complex site and only if you don alter parts by hand.
and getting something to work i IE is something usually ignored outside commercial production since it just screws up so much of the time.
coding by hand can give you the same problem anyway, is not some magical fix all method you know.