Author Topic: Curious of any good ROM Hacks of Chrono Trigger.  (Read 897 times)

GlenTheGecko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Curious of any good ROM Hacks of Chrono Trigger.
« on: October 05, 2004, 06:23:32 pm »
Hi. I'm new here. I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there any recommended hacks of the ROM of Chrono Trigger (wasn't really sure where to ask this, figured I'd get in trouble asking on GameFAQs; hope it's ok here, seems as good a place as any to ask)? I looked at a few on Zophar's Domain, I was thinking I might either grab the Hardtype hack or one of the others.

Not exactly sure what type of hack I'm looking for, just something interesting and possibly somewhat different (and hopefully, a completed patch, not just applicable for a portion of the game or something).

For those who've played Earthbound and its hack, Jonbound, maybe something like that; I thought Jonbound was pretty cool. Jonbound was, like, completely different story, loads of different sprites, new enemies/attacks/etc. But, I'd probably play any CT hack if it were supposed to be good, whether it's just a text hack, or an altered story, or different enemies, or abilities. Anything, really.

So, any recommendations, preferably with descriptions of what's different, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 06:30:35 pm »
I haven't centralized every CT Hack out there yet, so I cannot be of much help other than reporting that the Compendium plans, after much of its work is done, to release a special edition of Chrono Trigger that features a retranslation from the original as well as other ... cool stuff. That's far in the distance at the moment.

GlenTheGecko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 09:44:06 pm »
Thanks for that, sounds interesting, but I'm more interested in whatever I can get my hands on, now. Like, I can go, download, start playing when I want. Thank you, though, I will have to remember to check back here every so often to check on things.

Out of curiosity, with the thing you're talking about, is it going to be a hack of the SNES CT rom, or its own unique program thingy? Or, has that not been decided yet?

GlenTheGecko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 02:05:43 pm »
Anyone else care to give any input?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 06:36:49 pm »
Listen pal, this is how it works: You post your little thread asking your question, and then if people have an answer, they'll reply. You don't need to double post, especially seeing how your little thread was at the very top of the forum. Don't be an ass.

and try romnation or something, I think they've got a lot of Hacks, but you'll have to sift yourself...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 07:21:22 pm »
Yeah, this isn't the greatest forum for requests, either. Nor do many hacks exist.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 08:26:05 pm »
There were a few spoof hacks, inappropriate, but funny.