Author Topic: vocal talent needed! (now excepting auditions)  (Read 2564 times)

satchel_dawg

vocal talent needed! (now excepting auditions)
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:53:59 pm »
Hello, i'm working on the Game Time's Illusion, i'm doing a trailer for the game.
the trailer will feature the new characters from the game.

here are all the current voices i need for characters:
Narrator
Schala
Guile
Queen Zeal
Janus
Arris

If youre interested in any position post here, i will have more information in the following days.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 04:46:14 pm by satchel_dawg »

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Coloring help! And vocal talent needed!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:53:22 am »
I would love to do Schala's voice. ^__^ I don't have access to recording tools at the moment though. But I can send some audition samples sometime next week when I can go back to my house. Any lines you have in mind? Higher pitched and feminine type voice or lower and more womanly?

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 01:01:55 am »
Hmm...I'd be glad to lend my vocal talent to the pool.  I am a female, but I don't really picture my voice as being acceptable as Schala.  I'm an alto, and I have done some villainous roles in plays, so perhaps I would make a good Queen Zeal?  I can record a sample and send it to you in a day or two.  :)

Freakyfrankie

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm a girl! A girl! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 01:18:52 am »
Question- Does Schala have an accent like Kid? I've always imagined her sounding a little Australian like Kid, but she speaks more formally.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 01:20:31 am »
I think she would speak normally without an accent.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:33:51 am »
Tomorrow morning, when my voice is not so affected by my cold, I will record a few voice samples for you and post the links into an edited version of this post.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind...it seems to have gotten worse once again. I hate this damned cold...

If you still need people in a few days, I'll record something then.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:50:45 pm by Kyronea »

Kanadyets

• Guardian (+100)
  • Need you not a swordsman?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:18:07 am »

Hey, I'd be happy to throw my hat into the ring.  I think I wouldn't mind trying for your narrator position.  I'm a baritone, if that helps at all.  Just let me know what sort of samples you'd like.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 10:49:45 pm »
Question- Does Schala have an accent like Kid? I've always imagined her sounding a little Australian like Kid, but she speaks more formally.

Schala i think is more refined, Kid is more of a wild child because of her past, schala on the other hand grew up in power.

for voice talent, i will take auditions at any time. right now i'm trying to get a good amount of animation done, hence the need for someone to color.
very soon i'll have audition lines up, i just have to figure some stuff out.
feel free to put up any voice samples.
i'll put up the sample lines tomorrow.

satchel_dawg

Re: Coloring help! And vocal talent needed!(Audtion lines up)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 11:05:17 am »
Here is the practice lines for those wishing to audtion.
Narrator:
Once in the original timeline, was a kingdom of far greater power than any other force that had been known to man. the Kingdom of Zeal was a place far greater than Carthage, and had more knoweledge then the library of Alexandria. but in the course of events the empire was to fall, but by a grave mistake all of known history was changed, by the simple mistake of the Guru's.
Schala:
Hello, My name is Schala Zeal, i am heir to the throne of Zeal, i'm 19 and very troubled. My brother Janus has fallen under the spell of the black winds. today i'm leaving with the Guru's and going to a place where no one will ever find me.
Guile:
 Today is my 19 birthday, and as my present i get to visit Schala's alter. i've always thought my life in Aeos was important, and today i'll find out if i really am important. today i make my wish.
Arris:
 I live in a world that is so bare, a world of robots. i am the last human in the world. i'm surrounded by Holograms and machines, i miss my parents, some day i'll join them.
Queen Zeal:
 The Guru's have commited treason, and i plan to dispose of them. and once that is done, i will have Lavo's power, and rule all of the world.
Janus:
 One among you will shortly perish. for in this world i will drag you down, if you get in my way.
these are only the audition lines. when i have all the voice actors i will post the actual lines.

And i still really need a colour for frames.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 03:26:52 pm »
Now Now, not too many spoilers ;p

satchel_dawg

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 08:48:18 pm »
i'm not spoiling it, the information here is only the stuff you talked about in the Time illusions update page here in Kajar.
infact alot of the what i put up is mainly just stuff i thought of off the top of my head.
for the trailer the only info i'm sharing is what is already publicly known to the compendium.

satchel_dawg

Re: vocal talent needed! (now excepting auditions)
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 03:26:10 pm »
please, if your going to audition then you can PM your audition to me or to my email satchel_dawg@yahoo.com

have fun auditioning.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 04:41:42 pm »
Well all I have is a shitty PC mic, but I'll audition for all the male parts. I'll just use my regular voice to see if you like that, and if you want any accents on the characters let me know. (If you think I'm any good :lol:)

Kanadyets

• Guardian (+100)
  • Need you not a swordsman?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 03:15:27 am »

Curses!  I'm having trouble with my recorder.  I can't seem to get the right formats.  Can you take a .voc file?

satchel_dawg

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 09:34:56 am »

Curses!  I'm having trouble with my recorder.  I can't seem to get the right formats.  Can you take a .voc file?

i think so.