Author Topic: How Guile is Magus  (Read 3068 times)

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
How Guile is Magus
« on: June 16, 2007, 01:28:32 pm »
Okay, this kinda not a good theory, but i came up with it this morning.

anyway after Magus does his end of game time warp he goes to chronopolos 2300.
their he finds out that kid is in "another world" and so he has the scientists take him to "another world" at the time that kid is at, but they say they have to erase his memories cause they don't want him to change history.
so they erase his memories and make it so he has to go to viper manor at the same time kid and serge do.

so, what do you think? i know the grammar and spelling are bad, but i just wrote a huge blog, so yea >.>

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: How Guile is Magus
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 02:14:08 pm »
short answer, no just no.

long answer, During the planning stages of Chrono Cross, Guile was intended to be Magus in disguise, accompanying Serge to learn the true fate of his sister Schala. This would have paralelled his role in Radical Dreamers as the mysterious magician Magil. However, as more and more characters were added to the game, the developers felt that it would have been too difficult to represent Magus's story well amongst the sea of other characters. Guile's backstory was removed, and he gained his own identity as a mystifying traveler.

straight from this site.

plus you know guile looks nothing like magus except a similar hair colour, plus the dimension portals wouldn't have exist a the time you suggest magus getting ported though, and you can't magically make someone have to go to X at the same time as Y people.
guile is just a magil clone without being the awesomeness that is magus.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 02:42:48 pm »
1) at the end of chrono trigger magus DOES warp, and it DOES NOT say where he goes, so he could go to chronopolos

2) the sciantists COULD time traval, and they DID send Y people to X time, and they also erased their memories.

3) i know Guild ISNT Magus officially, but officially Serge isn't suppose to merge with time devowerer, but most believe this to be a canonal theory in the Chrono Universe.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:23:18 pm »
1) at the end of chrono trigger magus DOES warp, and it DOES NOT say where he goes, so he could go to chronopolos

2) the sciantists COULD time traval, and they DID send Y people to X time, and they also erased their memories.

3) i know Guild ISNT Magus officially, but officially Serge isn't suppose to merge with time devowerer, but most believe this to be a canonal theory in the Chrono Universe.

He goes to 12,000 B.C. as illustrated in the ending. The Time Crash is the only real instance of travel discounting Belthasar's use of the Neo Epoch. It's sort of out of character for Magus to have his own memories washed when they're all he has of Zeal and Schala; he needs them to find her.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 04:04:25 pm »
they dont say he goes to zeal, they say he goes to look for his sister, and he cant control where hes goes when he goes through a gate.

also, as for the 2nd one maybe he was in chronopolos when the time crash occered and than he went to el niyo with the others and had his memories wiped. and he could just find her by chance. thats how RPGs work >.>

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 04:30:16 pm »
they dont say he goes to zeal, they say he goes to look for his sister, and he cant control where hes goes when he goes through a gate.

The gates are point to point for groups of less than four. It's not a question of controlling where he goes when he steps into a gate, it's a question of stepping into a gate that will take him to when he wants to be.

also, as for the 2nd one maybe he was in chronopolos when the time crash occered and than he went to el niyo with the others and had his memories wiped. and he could just find her by chance. thats how RPGs work >.>

Let's assume that he does somehow get his memory wiped, and then meets Kid by change. What then? He has no memory, he doesn't know who she (or he, for that matter) is, or why he'd be looking for her. They'd be no different than any other two strangers who meet, and all of his struggles would have been in vain.

If Magus wipes his memory, he is giving up his life long quest for Schala.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 06:12:23 pm »
Magus does not go to Zeal; he goes to 12,000 B.C. It's in the ending of Chrono Trigger. It is not stated, but it is directly shown.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 01:10:29 pm »
Maybe they froze Magus and woke him many years later.  :D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 08:37:03 pm »
I thought they all went to the End of Time and from there only had the options of where those pillars of light would allow them to go, much like the ending when you don't save Crono...So, if he wanted for some reason to go to the future, there would be those options open to him...but the pillars close according to which of the others is activated, I believe...so maybe he wouldn't have been able to...I forget which of the future gates is connected to which of the others...I believe that Glenn's pillar is connected to one of them though...

Plus, why would Magus want to go to the future??? The last time he saw Schala was in 12,000 BC. So, unless he foresaw the events of CC, he went to look for his sister in 12,000BC.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 10:47:55 pm »
Maybe Kato ignored Magus so you can have more Poshul.

Not to say I don't like CC, just that some parts come off as a big "fuck you, fans"

Kenji

• Fan Project Leader
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ideologues
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 05:15:25 am »
Guile isn't the Magus.  It's just the truth.

However, if Guile (or Alf) were connected with the Zeal Royal Family, I'd suggest an alternate idea... that he'd be Janus, but not the Magus.

After Crono and his friends invaded Ocean Palace, I recall one of the survivors (perhaps in the Last Village) describing the whisking away of Janus and the Gurus into Gates.  During the flashback of the original event, all four of these people were taken into different Gates.  This time, however, it seems that Janus and Melchior entered the same Gate, leading to the possibility that Janus went to the 10th Century instead of the 6th, leading to a whole different life for him.  Thus, a mysterious, magically gifted young man in the 11th Century could be Janus Zeal and yet have no memory of the doings of the Magus...

Of course, that has nothing to do with this discussion, when it comes down to it.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 06:24:18 pm »
Sorry for the bump, but wouldn't that also change Magus? Apart from that it's a pretty interesting theory.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 08:13:27 pm »
Guile isn't the Magus.  It's just the truth.

However, if Guile (or Alf) were connected with the Zeal Royal Family, I'd suggest an alternate idea... that he'd be Janus, but not the Magus.

After Crono and his friends invaded Ocean Palace, I recall one of the survivors (perhaps in the Last Village) describing the whisking away of Janus and the Gurus into Gates.  During the flashback of the original event, all four of these people were taken into different Gates.  This time, however, it seems that Janus and Melchior entered the same Gate, leading to the possibility that Janus went to the 10th Century instead of the 6th, leading to a whole different life for him.  Thus, a mysterious, magically gifted young man in the 11th Century could be Janus Zeal and yet have no memory of the doings of the Magus...

Of course, that has nothing to do with this discussion, when it comes down to it.

I believe TTI makes it so that it can't be Janus.

Corona!01

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
    • Kagero Studios
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 09:50:51 pm »
Just a thought, but maybe Another Janus was instead sent to the repective era and grew up to be Guile, losing his memory somewhere along the way. I'm not saying that it happened, and I'm dead-set against the Guile-Magus concept altogether, as Magus is that extra shadow when reading Lucca's letter (so he DOES technically appear- well, get alluded to, in the game), but this theory seems to make the most sense to me.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 10:28:00 pm »
I still don't believe in the shadow...When I saw it, it was always there, prior to reading any letter (which may or may not have to do with New Game+)...