Author Topic: Way to get past CGI movies??  (Read 734 times)

NorthwestChrono

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Way to get past CGI movies??
« on: June 14, 2007, 03:21:50 pm »
Hey everybody.  I'm a new poster to this forum.  The question I have involves my new copy of Chrono Cross, which was factory sealed when I bought it.  The disc doesn't look scratched, but I'm experiencing some gameplay issues.

I'm at the point where I'm using the Dragon Tear to regain my true self.  The CGI movie that follows always freezes.  Has anybody else experienced this?  Is there a way to cut past the CGI part?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Way to get past CGI movies??
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 06:33:48 pm »
You may have a scratched disc. I did once on my copy of Chrono Cross--back before I started using an ISO--and it would never play the full intro movie without freezing.

Unfortunately there is no way to skip it as far as I know other than popping the disc out right as the movie starts playing.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:06:36 am »
Yeah, opening your PlayStation during the cutscene then closing it immediately may work. That's what I did with my scratched copy of FFIX.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 01:49:40 am »
I've had the same problems with my copy of Chrono Cross.  I had an old, used game that froze up, and got fed up and purchased a brand-new, factory-sealed game.  Unfortunately, it has the same problems!  I went and used a friend's system, but it freezes up on hers too. 

Is there any possible way to skip those cutscenes?  Opening and shutting the disc cover does not work.  :(

jihnsius

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 11:11:54 am »
If it's not your console causing it, it's definitely the CD. If it was factory sealed, I believe Square-Enix will replace it for free if you mail it in with a receipt and a brief description. Or you can try taking it back to where you bought it, that'd probably be the best bet.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 03:47:14 pm »
Did you check the top of the disc for nicks or scratches. Alot of people don't look in obvious places. And if it is scratched there the disc is trash.