Author Topic: Chrono Trigger+ Bug Report Thread  (Read 7971 times)

DancemasterGlenn

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger+ Bug Report Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 01:20:24 am »
Alright this isn't a bug so much as my own stupidity.  I got to 2,300 A.D. and after I fight the robot in Arris dome I have to put in the code L R than A. On my Rom thats like A Z and D but it doesn't work >.< my rom is Snes9x do I need a different one?

I think I recall Zakyrus saying in the other thread that the code was being changed in this version... I haven't been able to play in a while, so I'm not in the future yet and can't confirm this. You're sure that's the code you're supposed to put in this time?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 11:54:52 am »
Hmmm I'll check again. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:00:32 pm by TheMage »

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 07:01:45 pm »
My big complain about Chrono Trigger + is the formatting of text. The indentation of text is not consistent and it's really hard to read.

Some dialog box looks like (using example text, not actual text from the demo)
NPC: I'm so happy I
could scream.

and others use the correct indentation
Gina: You were so excited about the
   Millennial Festival that you didn't sleep
   well, don't you?

The 3 space indentation only use one byte, so use it ;)

Yeah, that drives me nuts.

Alright this isn't a bug so much as my own stupidity.  I got to 2,300 A.D. and after I fight the robot in Arris dome I have to put in the code L R than A. On my Rom thats like A Z and D but it doesn't work >.< my rom is Snes9x do I need a different one?

I think I recall Zakyrus saying in the other thread that the code was being changed in this version... I haven't been able to play in a while, so I'm not in the future yet and can't confirm this. You're sure that's the code you're supposed to put in this time?

I haven't done the new password thing for Arris Dome just yet. Later on, I will have it simply be a 3 button code (the code will randomly change every NewGame/+ and you won't have to hold all three down, just press them in order - this removes the aggravation of those who don't/can't use controllers. Plus, it's a nice touch because it's different every time you'd play through the game)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 11:58:15 pm »
OK.

Finished the demo up to the point where I end up in Ayla's tent. I'm pretty sure this is where thee demo ends. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Only thing I found buggy, well not so much buggy, was that in the first Magus and Glenn Cut scene the broken MasaMune is on the Left. Then in the next cut scene at the magic cave entrance it is at the right. Just trying to make it more consistent.

Also when going through the Heckran caves the second time is there any way to make the save point save it during the Middle Ages instead of Millennium? Freaked me out at first thinking there was a bug, but it turned out fine.

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 05:53:56 pm »
When you go through the Magic cave and wind up going through the Heckran cave again, if you re-enter the cave from the side on Magus' Island you start at the end of the original Magic Cave. BUT when you yun around to exit, rather than going back to Magus' Island you have to do the heckran Cave over again.

Radimus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007, 09:58:07 pm »
This is what I see when I first enter Death Peak so I can revive Crono.

Most of the errors haven't been bad enough that I haven't been able to get past them, but I want Luminaire back :(

I think someone already pointed out this problem, but I think this problem deserves a screen shot.

Radimus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 04:52:08 am »
I found another problem... after you beat the rusted tyrano and you get the rainbow shell you do the normal "ugh too heavy" to lift thing and then you instantly warp to guardia castle via a black faded out screen as normal and the king says he'll store it for you no problem. Happy with my work I leave the castle and outside I find that the epoch is missing...

I looked all around for it, and I looked in 1000 A.F. too, then I went back to a time gate and looked at the port of the End of Time too, and yet it's still missing. I'm guessing that the epoch is still parked out to the entrance of the ancient reptite lair, and since it's a little island by itself there's no way I know of on how to get it, let alone sitting there for 65,00,600 years.

Radimus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 06:18:40 pm »
I found two more bugs. The first one is after you beat Ozzie's Fort and you get Magus's best equipment. When you go to 1000 A.F. to Medina Village to the shrine area the monsters are still worshiping Magus's statue, even though you've proven Magus is a traitor and you utterly destroyed Ozzie. When they figure out you're invading their shrine they tell you to get out. But my characters never moved. It was like the game froze, except I could still see some monsters dancing around the shine.

The second bug is at Geno Dome in 2300 A.F. I can't kill Mother Brain because when I enter Geno Dome this is what I see.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 07:56:06 pm by Radimus »

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007, 06:47:52 pm »
There's a lot of bugs in this thing... more than expected.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 07:23:31 pm »
Most of the really bad bugs are, however, confined to the areas where the demo is no longer in effect. Almost nothing was really edited for the sake of the demo beyond the scene in Ayla's tent after Magus' castle, and as such, since you're technically not supposed to advance, there are bound to be errors, especially mapping ones, which have been cropping up often in Zakyrus' editing.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 07:49:18 pm »
Most of the really bad bugs are, however, confined to the areas where the demo is no longer in effect. Almost nothing was really edited for the sake of the demo beyond the scene in Ayla's tent after Magus' castle, and as such, since you're technically not supposed to advance, there are bound to be errors, especially mapping ones, which have been cropping up often in Zakyrus' editing.

That is why I stopped after that part. I knew nothing after would be polished up.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 10:41:12 pm »
Is that good old-fashioned corruption, then?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 10:56:40 pm »
Indeed. Maps like to corrupt when Zakkie edits them.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2007, 12:09:35 pm »
Indeed. Maps like to corrupt when Zakkie edits them.

Yeah. It's a curse!  :x

I had to play through the demo 12 times just to make sure that start to Magus's Castle was even playable.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2007, 02:46:14 pm »
Do you cut and paste events? I think I used to have some corruptions because of that.